News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Problem...Failed to initialize Direct Music Audio...

Started by Dimebag, December 17, 2010, 11:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimebag

everytime i try to start SO i get to the loading screen, but then an error occurs "Failed to initialize Direct Music Audio".
As i klick "OK" as the only opportunity, i come to the regular "checking for updates..." screen
with the error: " Failed to retrieve the latest update info. visit stick-online.com for more info".
Clicking "OK" SO terminates as usual.

Does someone have any ideas to fix this. ??? would be quite cool.  8) i already tried a few things :'(

OrangeFluff

A few things you can try:

1. Restart your computer
2. Make sure your sound drivers are updated to the latest version, and make sure your sound card shows up in Control Panel -> Sound and Audio devices.

CherryPie

Weird that my GF is keep getting the same since 4 days, while being sure to that she didn't change anything system related, nor installed new programs.

Dimebag

yeah i tried it all,
? restarted
? installed newest drivers, uninstalled them and installed them again
? my sound card is shown up in the control panel, also deactivated it
but nothing seems to work  ???  :'(

thanks til here for the fast reply.  ;)

sly 3 4 me

Try updating your directx version maybe. I'm assuming this because the Direct in the error message is capitalized. On one of my previous desktops it had an installation CD for the Operating System and it came with an older version of DirectX and it would not let me play a certain game. The error specified my sound also, even though it wasn't completely the sound. It could be both of you have the same version or something..

Then again, it wouldn't require a higher version without Meiun knowing it was changed. Updating your DirectX is good for stability and such also, so I'd recommend to try it.

This is all dependent on which OS(Windows, Mac, Linux) you have also, so I can't really supply a link for a download for both of you. If you provided the details for the OS I could look it up, but it's also possible for you to do that yourself as the files wouldn't install if they're not actually compatible.

krele

Are you playing from a virtual machine? GM games can't run if there is no DMA library present on the machine. It's silly to ask, but you can hear sounds from your computer, right?