News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Humble Indie Bundle

Started by Scotty, December 20, 2010, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I seem to recall having a similar discussion in the past, yet for the life of me, I can't seem to find it after thirty minutes of searching, so I am not sure if this is the same site or a different one.  If it is a different one, then it is interesting that other Indie developers are adapting this same model for selling games:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Notice how Notch from Minecraft is the #2 contributor.  Glad to see his face on here after literally becoming a millionaire "over night" with his project that isn't even in beta yet.

T-Rok

I wanted to buy this, but I ended up not having enough so I just had to stick with minecraft only.

Scotty

Quote from: T-Rok on December 20, 2010, 11:33:33 AM
I wanted to buy this, but I ended up not having enough so I just had to stick with minecraft only.

... When you name the price, how do you not have enough?  Unless its a matter of morals, thinking that you don't have enough to substantially contribute? In which case I applaud you for thinking that, seriously.

What I find humorous is that the average of Linux based individual contributions exceed the other two, go Linux!!

T-Rok

Quote from: Scotty on December 20, 2010, 11:54:52 AM
Quote from: T-Rok on December 20, 2010, 11:33:33 AM

... When you name the price, how do you not have enough?  Unless its a matter of morals, thinking that you don't have enough to substantially contribute? In which case I applaud you for thinking that, seriously.

What I find humorous is that the average of Linux based individual contributions exceed the other two, go Linux!!

Actually I literally did not have enough. My parents credit card is maxed and only had $15 available so I had enough for minecraft. My friend had told me it cost $25 for the pack, but now having looked at the site.. Its by donation choice and now I realize that I have been careless in believing what my friend says.

Mr Pwnage

The guy under notch donated $1337, what a boss.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

Haha, i already knew about this, apparently Cortex Command Build24 is in it.

Scotty

Went and dropped $30 bucks on this so I feel a little better about doing so, and I'm tempted to make another purchase for someone else just because I LOVE this concept, and genuinely want to thank the geniuses who knew this was a brilliant idea!

Draxx

How does this not get abused?  I would think a lot of jerkoffs would just pay 0.01 and download away.

I'm genuinely surprised and happy for the developers that this is working to some degree for them  :D

Scotty

Quote from: Draxx on December 21, 2010, 09:51:33 PM
How does this not get abused?  I would think a lot of jerkoffs would just pay 0.01 and download away.

At that rate, they'd probably just go and pirate the games, as I'm sure they are rather easy to find and do so.  On the other hand, you have sobs like me that see this kind of business model and think to myself "That is really freaking awesome to go and do something like this." and I'll eagerly drop $30 booblies to buy it for myself, and another $30 for someone else.

T-Rok

lol, booblies.

Anyways, it got an update. Its now package #2 and anyone who donates $10+ gets package #1 with package #2 because they are trying to increase their average donation from 7 dollars

venuse

gave 20, although i bought osmosis before which was 10 so actually i gave 30 :P

sly 3 4 me

Thought I'd update this topic even though it's from last year, since it's the same idea. I had meant to update it when it had started. Humble Indie Bundle three has been underway for around a week and a half and it still has 3 days, 22 hours, and 10 seconds left at the time of this posting. If you've read the previous posts it sums up how the process, works. Basically you donate what you'd like, and the donations are seperated into the Electronics Frontier Foundation and Child's play, which is also where Mario Marathon gives the donations to. Humble Indie Bundle #3 includes Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, VVVVVV, And Yet It Moves, Cogs, and Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. As of now, if you donate more than the average amount, which is $5.50, you can have the games from the Humble Indie Bundle #2 included as well. If you bought the Bundle #3 before 10:30 AM PST of today you also are allowed to download these extra  games from the Humble Indie Bundle #2, regardless of your first donations. The same link which you were given in your Email will allow the extra games to be downloaded.  All of these games can be played on Windows, Mac and Linux. The games which were in the Humble Indie Bundle #2 are Atom Zombie Smasher, Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans. I'm not quire sure why it notes there were five games in the humble bundle #2, and now there are six on my download page.. Anyways, noticed there wasn't a topic or post for this new one, so I decided to post it here.

Chaos

Then perhaps you should have looked harder, since the Humble Indie Bundle 3 topic is like, the 5th topic down the Video Games page right now.   ???
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster