News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Unfortunate event

Started by crozier, June 20, 2012, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

Dear friends and fellow SO players,

Over the last few days a disturbing event has occured. Our friend and moderator Frank Neumann, Seifer, went missing, and is possibly dead (says some friends of his. A topic was written on the pixelmine/ ashen empires website suggesting a reason for his disipearence) This tragic affair happened sometime over the last few days. Toronto police has filed a report reguarding this matter.
We all hope for the best.

Scotty

Please tell me you are joking.

crozier

No I am not joking. According to the Toronto police Frank is currently missing. According to his pals (some irl friends) at the forum for ashen empires, he killed himself. I greatly hope his friends are incorrect, but I don't know.

Scotty

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/release.php?id=23787

By the by, if this friends are incorrect (intentionally), that is beyond trolling.  Aside from his friends, it would appear it is only a missing person report, not a suicide, or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Meiun

Oh man, I really hope that what you say is not true. I haven't talked to him in a little while now, but that would be utterly tragic if he has really died. He has been with Stick Online for ages, and is one of the first people to ever really help me in moderation. He is a friend to many and a good guy. If anyone finds any more information on this please keep us posted. Really am hoping this all blows over. The report says he was last seen with a suitcase, so hopefully he just took off somewhere and will be back  :(

krele

Whoa... I hope he just ran away to clear his mind on some stuff in life.
Quoteand carrying a red/black backpack and a large red suitcase.
Perhaps that is the most logical explanation. Any news on this?

Hikarikuen

Quote from: Meiun on June 20, 2012, 01:00:46 PM
Oh man, I really hope that what you say is not true. I haven't talked to him in a little while now, but that would be utterly tragic if he has really died. He has been with Stick Online for ages, and is one of the first people to ever really help me in moderation. He is a friend to many and a good guy. If anyone finds any more information on this please keep us posted. Really am hoping this all blows over. The report says he was last seen with a suitcase, so hopefully he just took off somewhere and will be back  :(

Yeah, hopefully he's just going off and starting a new life - seems a little odd, but that's what it looks like. Really, I suppose it's best not to speculate about it too much and just to hope & pray he's alright and he wasn't led to make any rash decisions - suicide is a terrible thing.

Scotty

I tried to gain access to the Ashen Empires in order to ask the guy who started the topic what he's basing this off of since all I've been able to find is missing person reports from Toronto.  Alas, their forum software is being rather... spiteful towards my attempts.  Croz, can you do me a favor and ask him where he got this news from?

Jake

Here's what the guy said on the other forum.

I'm really hoping this isn't true. Suicide is a sad, terrible thing.

krele

Quote from: Scotty on June 20, 2012, 01:14:42 PM
I tried to gain access to the Ashen Empires in order to ask the guy who started the topic what he's basing this off of since all I've been able to find is missing person reports from Toronto.  Alas, their forum software is being rather... spiteful towards my attempts.  Croz, can you do me a favor and ask him where he got this news from?
I'm getting SSL errors by simply trying to use their forum's search engine... Is that a game forum or am I on the wrong track?
I pretty much combed google for results, to no avail. All I'm getting are magic the gathering forums, where he didn't post anything other than trades etc. like a year ago.
Does he have a facebook account?

EDIT:
If I may request, can you, for the love of god, change the topic's name? Let's not speculate the worst-case scenario.

crozier

I have changed the topic title (I'm sorry) and contacted Dooman (a guildmate) by pm. I asked him if he knew seifer irl and if he was 100% sure on his statement. 
The main reason why you guys can't register on the forum is the pixelmine launcher must be downloaded. The forum comes with the game.

Scotty

Meiun

I'm friends with him on Facebook. I checked his page from my phone, and I am pretty certain it is true... His page is covered with rest in peace posts and other things of a similar nature... I'm at work now, but I will try and post more when I'm home. Dear god this is a tragic turn of events :(

crozier

Just received word from Dooman. Im sad to say it is true. There has not been a press release, but a friend of seifer said he was found dead in a hotel room.
He was a nice guy, and its a real shame things came to this for him.

Scotty

This is truly tragic.  My thoughts and well wishes go to his family and friends.

I feel compelled to get this out there.  For anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation, contemplating this sort of action, please do everyone that knows you the favor of reaching out and talk to someone.  I've personally talked to two people in similar situations who were right there walking on the razors edge and I'm happy to say they're both happy now, married, even have kids.

I'm serious, if something is driving you to this point, get it out.  Send me a PM, if you have me on WLM, Facebook, anywhere, get in touch with me, I'll give you my number, and we'll talk it over.  Suicide is too... permanent of a solution to resolve anything, and the damages it causes are inconsiderate (to be polite).  If you're afraid of backlash, internet trolls, overall insensitivity, I promise you won't find it here.  It''ll be between you and me alone.  At least give me or whomever you choose to talk to the benefit of the doubt and let us hear you out.  Who knows, we might have the magic metaphorical light-switch within "arms reach".  You won't know until you try.