News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Benefits for Donors

Started by Splinch, November 18, 2009, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinch

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the donor server and to the forums, but I'm not at all new to Stick Online; I was on here before it went pre-donor. Anyway, enough of the intro - back to the point of the message;

I was curious as to if there were benefits to donors who are accessing the game now when SO v3 comes out. (e.g., a free hat (donor hat possibly?) stat boost, or any other form of reward) Like, will we get any benefits for donating now when SO3 comes out?

Thanks!

LeGuy

Meiun has said that there will possibly be benefits for donors in SO3, as well as mentioning the possibility that players that currently have rare items may get some sort of compensation in SO3 as well. However, neither of these have been confirmed, or, for that matter, been deemed probable by any reliable source, and whether or not such benefits would only be available to pre-SO3 donors - I have no idea.

So, basically, maybe. Meiun's brought it up, but never confirmed it.
Whee!

Aqua

One thing that has been stated for a long time is that Donors will not receive an advantage over those that have not donated.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Aqua on November 18, 2009, 08:39:44 PM
One thing that has been stated for a long time is that Donors will not receive an advantage over those that have not donated.
~Aqua

Or at least, gameplay altering rewards. I remember that Meiun kept saying he would incorperate 'fun' items into the game for donaters, like those dynamic signatures when we had the custom websitea and forum.

LeGuy

QuoteOr at least, gameplay altering rewards.

What he said.
Whee!

God-I-Suck

All I'm hoping for is the donor account being able to beta test S.O. 3 :P Then maybe when the real S.O. 3 comes out our accounts get reset.

Lingus

Quote from: Splinch on November 18, 2009, 06:33:46 PM
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the donor server and to the forums, but I'm not at all new to Stick Online; I was on here before it went pre-donor. Anyway, enough of the intro - back to the point of the message;

I was curious as to if there were benefits to donors who are accessing the game now when SO v3 comes out. (e.g., a free hat (donor hat possibly?) stat boost, or any other form of reward) Like, will we get any benefits for donating now when SO3 comes out?

Thanks!
Sounds like you're asking if you donate now, will you get the benefit of rewards that come out later. The answer to that is yes. Meiun keeps a running list of all donors from the very beginning. People who donated long before the donor server came out were still able to access the donor server. Same thing here. If you donate now, and donor rewards come out much later when SO3 comes out, you will be eligible.

stick d00d

Quote from: God-I-Suck on November 18, 2009, 09:53:26 PM
All I'm hoping for is the donor account being able to beta test S.O. 3 :P Then maybe when the real S.O. 3 comes out our accounts get reset.

I think Meiun has said that donors will be able to beta test SO3, and also pretty sure our accounts are going to be reset as well.

Lingus

Quote from: stick d00d on November 19, 2009, 09:12:34 PM
Quote from: God-I-Suck on November 18, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

I think Meiun has said that donors will be able to beta test SO3, and also pretty sure our accounts are going to be reset as well.
Pretty sure it was that if he plans on doing a beta test, he would consider letting donors in.

Aqua

Probably select donors, as there are tons of donors now.
~Aqua

Lucifer

All donors will get free hookers.

tehrozzy

Pat

I like how he edited to "All donors should get" to "All donors will get".  :P
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Lucifer

Quote from: Pat on November 21, 2009, 12:10:15 AM
I like how he edited to "All donors should get" to "All donors will get".  :P
Because it's a god damn fact.
Meiun told me.
I swear.
*cough*

yottabyte

That sure is a lot of hookers.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)