News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Increased Inventory

Started by Splinch, November 20, 2009, 10:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 21, 2009, 11:49:48 PM
Quote from: Pat on November 21, 2009, 11:20:03 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on November 21, 2009, 10:04:53 PM
Quote from: Pat on November 21, 2009, 10:02:18 PM
You know what, do it, you'll see how bad it gets.

Or you could just explain, instead of trying to act cool. Because I see no way it makes it bad at all; If everyone could hold every item, what difference does that make? It doesn't affect the chances, nor the ability of those weapons/hats.
I'm not trying to act cool. If you limit the amount of items people can hold they would appreciate the items they have more and then everyone will have a different inventory because they prefer some items over others. I just don't see it any better with more inventory slots.

There you go, that is what I was looking for. You didn't have to waste two previous posts to act mysterious. >.<

I agree on that aspect; and I don't honestly see more inventory coming to SO2, but I think an increase is warranted. Maybe even a way to buy inventory spaces for a high amount of gold (and the most you could buy would be 4 or so).
HEY NOW, I'M THE MYSTERIOUS PERSON HERE. BACK OFF, PAL.

Anyway, both sides of the argument have their pros and cons. The limited space could make it so you have to carefully plan your build, making PVP harder and more fun(to an extent). But it also makes it so you can't hold all the good items and event items at once. Personally, I think the best plan of action is to go with storage, like Lucifer said. That way, it solves the problem of item collecting but still makes it so you can't switch to every hat and weapon in the game while PVPing.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

QuoteBut it also makes it so you can't hold all the good items and event items at once.

Cant we do that already now?

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on November 22, 2009, 04:15:01 PM
QuoteBut it also makes it so you can't hold all the good items and event items at once.

Cant we do that already now?
Not ALL of them. I guarantee you can't hold all of them(if someone truely had EVERYTHING good).
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Aqua

Hmmm, my dream inventory:
Dragoon Helm, Inferno Sword, Dark Knight Helm, Stone Hammer
Spire Dagger, Bandit Cover, Legendary Sand Sword, Green Beret
Fedora, Great Sword, Katana, Frog Hat
Slasher, Lantern, Wizard Hat, Pirate Hat
Wooden Hammer, GM Helm, Bag Hat, Meharn's pistols
Room for a little extra. (first 17 what is possible)
But, as I said before, with the addition of more good items, you'd need more space.
Aqua

stick d00d

Quote from: Aqua on November 22, 2009, 05:12:03 PM
But, as I said before, with the addition of more good items, you'd need more space.
Aqua
Yeah that's why I said just add maybe like 3-4 slots, for a little more room with the new items that were added. I like that we have a fixed amount, in the sense that it leaves us to decide which items to keep, instead of being able to hold everything, but that's just my opinion. Also, it keeps my inventory cleaned up.

ARTgames

I don't think this is a problem in so3 and any inventory space added to so2 would be good. So ah, 3-4 slots or more I'm find with.

I like the idea of a bank the most, but that is just my opinion.

Lingus

Aqua
Lol, what?

Danimal

I'm guessing that he's creating an original take on Meiun's alias, as appose to Meyun etc.

Aqua

Yeah, I was using 'h' as a syllable break, but not the letter I was looking for (looking for LL, from Spanish alphabet, pronounced 'ehyeh').
~Aqua

Seifer

Quote from: stick d00d on November 22, 2009, 05:17:37 PM
Aqua
Yeah that's why I said just add maybe like 3-4 slots, for a little more room with the new items that were added. I like that we have a fixed amount, in the sense that it leaves us to decide which items to keep, instead of being able to hold everything, but that's just my opinion. Also, it keeps my inventory cleaned up.

Let's be realistic here, take what you put down, and take out the stuff that you could never acess...

Wooden Hammer..

That is ideally every item in the game that is good. With that you have all the weapons you would ever use in combat, not to mention lantern combat.
You also have hats for speed, jumping, strength, stam and pvp.

There is nothing else that you would need, and there is extra space. Now most people never even get all the "Good" items.

So to conclude, there is enough room for you to have everything you will ever need, and therefore no need for extra inventory space based on that assumption.

That also takes away the point some are making, to say that with more inventory space people will be able to carry more good items and thus have an advantage, because as we can see, they already can.

scsox

but what about special event items? I have some rare Items but I don't have room for all the cc's or other special crap thats cool. I don't have enough room for both...

ARTgames

He talking about combat items. He was just explaining why stick d00d idea and the idea "having more items makes pvp worse" are not true.

But he never talked about collectible items like event items. He never even said if he wanted extra innovatory space or not.

stick d00d

I don't see how adding another row of slots could hurt anything. Just gives a little more space, wouldn't really effect anything. There are many items, we can't hold them all, just a few more slots would be fine tbh.

Doogie

Its not going to happen because it requires the account userfiles to detect two types, one with increases inventory, and one with the old inventory as inventory size isn't handled in the file.

Be happy with the inventory you have.

Aqua

Quote from: Seifer on November 23, 2009, 10:35:01 PM
Let's be realistic here, take what you put down, and take out the stuff that you could never acess...
Well, I was giving what I think a GM should have; they have inventories, right?
Quote from: Doogie on November 24, 2009, 11:28:09 AM
Its not going to happen because it requires the account userfiles to detect two types, one with increases inventory, and one with the old inventory as inventory size isn't handled in the file.

Be happy with the inventory you have.
Not something I considered, good point.
~Aqua