News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The FPS Lag Bug has stricken again...

Started by Mr Pwnage, December 27, 2010, 04:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Solid 21-22 fps constantly. This time however, it appears to affect JUST ME. I have asked about 10 other people and they have reported no signs of it. Problem just began to occur for me after today's update. I have noticed that there also appears to be extreme lag on the main menu when the buttons do their bouncy shit...

Should be important to note this is a hardcore gaming PC than can run Crysis maxed out easily...so there really shouldn't be any performance issues.

Anyone have any brighter ideas than I do?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Freeforall

I believe the word is "Struck" :D

But on topic, maybe you had something running in the background or something, because no one else is having any problems.
Maybe one of your programs was updating or something. If you had facebook open it can do this too.

Meiun

Sounds like it might be something going on with your computer and or it's compatibility with the game, as that bug should already have been fixed. Did you perhaps update any drivers or anything like that recently? Definitely is working fine for me, even if a throttle the crap out of my CPU (which is how I tested for it last time).

CherryPie

Quote from: Meiun on December 27, 2010, 04:51:38 PM
Sounds like it might be something going on with your computer and or it's compatibility with the game, as that bug should already have been fixed. Did you perhaps update any drivers or anything like that recently? Definitely is working fine for me, even if a throttle the crap out of my CPU (which is how I tested for it last time).
Sorry for going off-topic here, but what are your CPU specs, if you literally have to throttle the crap out of it, to get SO under 30 fps?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on December 27, 2010, 04:51:38 PM

Mmm... as a matter of fact I did, but I doubt that's the cause as I have noticed no changes amongst other games I play...not to mention stick online worked fine when I played it after the fact of updating them yesterday.

But yeah, just the other day I updated my Nvidia drivers for my GTX285. Just seemed like a good idea. Though I played stick online later that day after I updated it with no problems. Than I wake up today's morning, and the game updates, and now I am experiencing this issue. Very strange indeed but alas my problem isn't solved...and while I love the slow motion for dramatic kills, I simply can't stand the teleportation that goes hand-in-hand with it :(

So umm....Any trouble shooting ideas? I've tried the latter of things I know how to do and it remains the same...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Mr Pwnage

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You all are in for a very good laugh and a fluke of nature might I add...

So my chair is on a roller...and while moving around in it I accidentally banged into the side of my computer, while playing stick online of all things. I than proceded to jump on the clouds to come to the quick realization that my FPS lag was gone. Yes, that is right, the solution APPARENTLY was ramming my chair into the side of my computer tower. What the hell. I still don't understand this, at all. Like holy hell, wow.

Here is me in a satisfied pose:

And who says if something isn't working the best solution isn't beating the crap out of it. Wow. Merry Christmas. Wow.

EpicPhailure

Yankyal

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 27, 2010, 10:44:48 PM
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You all are in for a very good laugh and a fluke of nature might I add...

So my chair is on a roller...and while moving around in it I accidentally banged into the side of my computer, while playing stick online of all things. I than proceded to jump on the clouds to come to the quick realization that my FPS lag was gone. Yes, that is right, the solution APPARENTLY was ramming my chair into the side of my computer tower. What the hell. I still don't understand this, at all. Like holy hell, wow.

Here is me in a satisfied pose:
-Image ommitted-

And who says if something isn't working the best solution isn't beating the crap out of it. Wow. Merry Christmas. Wow.
Maybe it was a heating issue, something covering your vent, and bodyslamming your computer freed the vent?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10