News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Glitch?

Started by king, December 28, 2010, 06:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king

I saw a present and this other guy waz with me. I do not remember who he was but him and I hit this present at the same time. he got gold and i got gold and a green cc and some gold.

Is this a glitch? Chat about it.

thank you,
sencerly king

sly 3 4 me

No, you both hit it at the same time. There's a chance for both people to get an item if that happens.

RayRay

Don't think so. My guess is that it had 1 HP. When you hit it, it sent a message to the server saying you did ~60 damage or whatever. Then your friend hit it and also sent a message dealing ~50. The 2 messages hit the server at the same step, and the HP became ~-110. On the next step, it checked if it's HP was less than 1. When it found that it was ~-110 HP, it deleted the object and sent a message of rewards to all people who hit it. (This will sound complicated if you don't know Game Maker)

To make it short, it counted for both of you.

CherryPie

i'm using that "glitch" everytime, I see a dux to double my chances. Worked 100% of the time, so it is reproducable easily.

Draxx

Quote from: CherryPie on December 28, 2010, 07:54:21 PM
i'm using that "glitch" everytime, I see a dux to double my chances. Worked 100% of the time, so it is reproducable easily.

Isn't exploiting a glitch a nono?

RayRay

Quote from: Draxx on December 28, 2010, 10:31:13 PM

Note the quotation marks.

Draxx

Quote from: RayRay on December 28, 2010, 10:58:12 PM
Quote from: Draxx on December 28, 2010, 10:31:13 PM

Note the quotation marks.

Just because he says "glitch" doesn't mean it's not a glitch and it's how the mechanics are intended to work. When in reality it is indeed just a glitch.

Forum

Thats not that big of a deal
Officially quitted

krele

It's because of a slight (lol) latency between clients and server. It's a matter of miliseconds, so it's not a big deal. If you see a present, you can quickly unplug your internet cable (wlan adapter, etc), hit the present and plug it back in. THEN it would be bug abusing...

Forum

Quote from: krele on December 29, 2010, 12:37:06 AM
It's because of a slight (lol) latency between clients and server. It's a matter of miliseconds, so it's not a big deal. If you see a present, you can quickly unplug your internet cable (wlan adapter, etc), hit the present and plug it back in. THEN it would be bug abusing...
But if you unplug your internet cable won't you lose internet and then dcing from SO..?
Officially quitted

CherryPie

Quote from: Forum on December 29, 2010, 01:43:14 PM
But if you unplug your internet cable won't you lose internet and then dcing from SO..?
Was just an example. What Krele meant is that it is against the rules if you use 3rd party applications or features that aren't given to you gameplaywise for your advantages (Hotkeys are probably an exception?).

Freeforall

I don't think it's a glitch. He probably made it this way so everyone would have a chance of getting a present.

krele

Quote from: Forum on December 29, 2010, 01:43:14 PM

Depends. If you do it quickly enough, and you reconnect just in time to beat the disconnection latency you wouldn't dc. Games can't know that your internet connection was lost, but they can close a session if you've been inactive for some time. That's what ping is...