News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Steve Jobs's death

Started by ARTgames, October 05, 2011, 07:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Scotty

Short age of 56, but none the less more fulfilling than most who live past 80.  Rest in Peace.

Freeforall

I realize this isn't the point of the topic here, but what will happen to Apple?
And he died of cancer, correct?

EpicPhailure

Jobs already stepped down from his position at Apple, so someone had already filled in. Their success now depends on how well they can manage without him (which wasn't very well last time).

And yes, he died of pancreatic cancer.

venuse

man thats just sad to hear. what really makes it worse is that he had been battling the pancreas cancer on and off since 2004. i guess the cancer finally overtook him :(

T-Rok

Oh dear.. I just got off work and all I saw everywhere was "R.I.P Steve Jobs" and I was stunned. I had to check everywhere I could think of before I believed it. A sad day this is.

sly 3 4 me

Yup, it's a sad day, although, it's better he wasn't the CEO when this actually happened I suppose..

Source on apple.com with comment email

Scotty

As the old speech goes, love him or hate him, one thing you can't do is ignore him.

Someone that inspirational, caused so much controversy, has induced so much competition, he can and should go down as one of the most influential pioneers of the 20-21st centuries.  I'm interested in seeing where Apple takes themselves in the coming years with this loss.  I hope for the best, as Cook has some mighty gimungus shoes to fill.  Competition breads excellence, and you Steve Jobs have brought about an era of technology that is a force to be reckoned with.  My hat's off to him, my condolences to his family, sleep well Mr. Jobs, your life was one that people today dream of. 

Yankyal

Quote from: Scotty on October 05, 2011, 11:52:13 PM
My hat's off to him, my condolences to his family, sleep well Mr. Jobs, your life was one that people today dream of.
Except for his extremely unethical business practices.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

sayers6

Quote from: Yankyal on October 15, 2011, 04:21:23 AM
Quote from: Scotty on October 05, 2011, 11:52:13 PM
My hat's off to him, my condolences to his family, sleep well Mr. Jobs, your life was one that people today dream of.
Except for his extremely unethical business practices.

Such as?

Scotty

I'm curious as well.  But then again, I'm also aware enough to know that almost every single one of people's claims are over-exaggerated, irrelevant, and just them joining on the bandwagon to try and hang out with the "cool kids".  Just remember this, if it weren't for Jobs, I guarantee what you use to reply (or not) to this topic would not be like it is today.

Jake

I don't think his business practices were extremely unethical, but I do think he was kind of a dick. Not to mention Steve Jobs defended Foxconn despite their abusive factory conditions and whatnot. All in all, not a bad guy, but no saint either.

sayers6

Steve Jobs, had a max of 100 people on the iPhone project so he made sure he could keep track of everyone's first name [Newsweek magazine September 5, 2011]. Bill Gates yelled at them and made them defend their point against him [Time Magazine, January 13, 1997] . Better boss? I'd go Steve Jobs. He tried to make everything as simple as possible, to where I've seen everyone from a 8 year old to an 80 year old be able to use his product, which is more than I can say for Bill (You know how many damn times I've been called up to help with something that shouldn't even be a problem on a computer?) [Orginal research >.>]. So Steve Jobs=Better Designer. Steve Jobs had to try again and again with his products to barely scrap it with Apple (he was booted out of his own company)[http://www.applematters.com/article/may-24-1989-jobs-fails-to-oust-sculley/]. Bill Gates dominated every market he could with Windows. To the point where he got sued for a monopoly [http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.11/microsoft_pr.html]. Steve Jobs may have it where EVERYONE (1 in like 5 people, close enough :P) have/want and iPhone/iPod. This isn't because there is no competition (monopoly), it's because it is just better. Steve Jobs was a good businessman. Being good at business, and running others out of business so you are the only business, are two very different things. So please, I would like to hear the "unethical business practices", because I've heard none, and like knowing stuff about things like this. And please,, use citations ;)

Edited due to Art. I was asking for citations so I had things to look up and read. But I guess ART wanted to read where I got my information from. Also like always, [cite:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs] [citeen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates]. Read the citations from there, whats on wikipedia may not be correct, but whats on websites that are cited such as Time, Newsweek, USAtoday, Britannica, etc. tend to be :P

ARTgames