News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NEW SO2 MiniBoss! *2 ITEM DROPS REVEALED* >BUMBLEBIRD<

Started by Mr Pwnage, July 11, 2009, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 12, 2009, 08:08:09 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 08:04:59 PM
Quotewould be a light yellow
Like white was not hard enough to see? How about purple, or black like the bird?
I honestly don't care what color, Meiun could choose w/e color. I just chose light yellow so that it doesn't look too different from the current player text color.

well ok. I do hope this does get added.

I know you want this monster to spawn every ware (which i like) but the thing is most bosses work off when you kill a lot of the weaker enemies in the zone. would this be the same just for all the enemy's in the game or that zone?

Josh

monsters  spawning everywhere isnt that fun. If its a boss ited be hard to fidn anywhere on the map.

ARTgames

that's the fun part. looking to see ware the boss spawned. make you look around the game

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Josh on July 12, 2009, 09:11:39 PM
monsters  spawning everywhere isnt that fun. If its a boss ited be hard to fidn anywhere on the map.
Whatever happened to the good ol' thrill of the hunt. And remember, after that first beak is dropped, that person can call out the bumblebird as he/she (any girls still play this game?) sees it. Nothing wrong with a challenge, right? (Mr Pwnage said as a thought cloud popped into his head with a very lifelike image of a Sand Golumn.)

@ Art Games:
I was thinking they could spawn as a result of any regular monsters death, but, their likelihood of spawning would be slightly rarer than an SG, because any monster can spawn them. Also, the likelihood of monsters should vary a little depending on the monster: example: killing a blob should have a lower chance of spawning a bumblebird than killing a skeleton. Though, the only person with a complete understanding of the game's spawning system is Meiun, so as I have said countless times before, the system would be changed to his standards.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

What about places like town arena, starts left of the arena clouds, platform between temple flag platform and the big desert? spots without enemy spawn? Can it spawn there also?

Josh

Lucifer

First off, welcome back Mr Pwnage. I was too lazy to post my opinion before, but heres an explanation of my "Meh."
Quote from: God-I-Suck
I like the idea of the monster. For the sprite, I think it looks pretty good! The only problem is that I think it is a little too detailed, but other than that, I think it would match pretty nice! But for S.O. 3 I have no clue. Good Job!

I too like the idea of the monster, it's quite origonal. However I just can't feel that it, or any of the items dropping from it, will be put into the game at their current state. I don't know what these guys are saying when they say "too detailed". If anything, it isn't detailed at All. It has a red eye, a black body with hardly noticable shading, and then yellow/black striped tail with no shading whatsoever. To me it just does Not look like a stick online monster, and hardly fits the theme. Also the attack looks horrible and rather unrealistic... It seems like you were Trying to sprite it in a way that it would be a stinging attack, however it looks more like it is slapping instead. In my opinion, a monster like that would attack by pointing the stinger at the enemy, then charging, not slapping them with their stinger. I do like the general shape and theme of the monster though, a little work and I could imagine this in the game.

Onto the Bird Beak and Bumble Cap. The sprite for the bird beak looks very good, heck exactly like a bird beak should look like. However, as good as the beak is, it just doesn't fit on the stick figure. Can you REALLY imagine walking around with that on? It would look rather !@#$ing rediculous. Lulz @ the global command idea... I actually like it. I would very much enjoy yellowing out "CAPTAIN FALCON DECLARES: PENIS" every so often with that thing. Anyways, Bumble Cap. No. Just No. Again I can't imagine walking around with that on my head, and would be disgraced if I did. Besides, a "Bumble" cap would increase AGILITY if anything, not Intelligence. However, I would LOVE it if you created a Dunce cap that gave +6 intelligence, I would just laugh at the irony. Imo a +6 intelligence hat is very much needed in the game at the moment, making you put your INT at +1 a multiple of 6 for the +5 of wizard hat to be of use at All is just whorish.

Josh

hmm maybe add more features to the bird beak like a full facial thing just a beak would be boring and the other one a bit smaller.

ARTgames

Quote from: Josh on July 12, 2009, 11:03:50 PM
hmm maybe add more features to the bird beak like a full facial thing just a beak would be boring and the other one a bit smaller.

also can you make its head animated? its kinda creeping me out.

Josh

Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: Josh on July 12, 2009, 11:03:50 PM

also can you make its head animated? its kinda creeping me out.
lol its not that creepy

Mr Pwnage

Sorry, I don't have time to respond to comments right now, I will tommorow. I just posted the dunce cap! It is a potential replacement for the bumblecap. It gives +6 to int, epic, iknorite? As you can see there are 3 versions, be sure to say which one you like best. I personally like the plain on the best, but lucifer insisted on all the other stuff...
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Josh

middle dunce cap good and make it a bit smaller its way to tall

Lucifer

Wahahaha! 'tis Wonderful =D. I personally like the 3rd one. @Josh, He made a few versions of it, this longer one looked the best imo.

Maxwell10206

Lucifer

Quote from: Maxwell10206 on July 13, 2009, 02:07:42 AM
That Dunce hat looks similar to the KKK hat.
Oh my, PWNAGE, THE NEXT MONSTER YOU SPRITE WILL BE A KKK DUDE IN A WHITE CLOAK ETC, ;D.