News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

cactus boss

Started by ARTgames, September 04, 2009, 06:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Well its a boss so its not going to spawn that often. also i don't really mind what it looks like. A foggy boss sounds grate.

Also, I don't care if its a original idea. I just care if its a fun idea. If you take something and make it better than i feel that is just as good as any idea.

flashmaniac

Quote from: Mystery on September 05, 2009, 12:46:41 PM
The desert already HAS so many spawns, I don't think the cactus needs a boss. But that being said, just because it's not necessary-
Quote from: flashmaniac on September 04, 2009, 10:29:46 PM
Pretty nice idea, I support the idea of a frog for the reasons stated above:

• Makes the Frog Hat/Froggy Hat seem meaningful.
  • Would be fun to fight because of its constant jumping.
  • It's original, there's nothing else in the game remotely like a frog.

doesn't mean it'd not be awesome to have. Especially for these reasons.

If there are 2 things I'd like to see added to SOv2 right now(even though they probably won't be) it'd be the Rainbow Bandana and this Giant Frog.

EDIT: I actually LIKED that picture of the blob Delicious made.  :P

Well, I was thinking more of it being in the part before Temple... Where those cacti are. I do think that the desert is quite crowded as it is. Also, I don't think the frog should be giant... Maybe almost the same size as your character?

The picture is good... But it's just friggen scary...

Mystery

Quote from: flashmaniac on September 05, 2009, 09:39:15 PM
Quote from: Mystery on September 05, 2009, 12:46:41 PM
The desert already HAS so many spawns, I don't think the cactus needs a boss. But that being said, just because it's not necessary-
Quote from: flashmaniac on September 04, 2009, 10:29:46 PM
Pretty nice idea, I support the idea of a frog for the reasons stated above:

• Makes the Frog Hat/Froggy Hat seem meaningful.
  • Would be fun to fight because of its constant jumping.
  • It's original, there's nothing else in the game remotely like a frog.

doesn't mean it'd not be awesome to have. Especially for these reasons.

If there are 2 things I'd like to see added to SOv2 right now(even though they probably won't be) it'd be the Rainbow Bandana and this Giant Frog.

EDIT: I actually LIKED that picture of the blob Delicious made.  :P

Well, I was thinking more of it being in the part before Temple... Where those cacti are. I do think that the desert is quite crowded as it is. Also, I don't think the frog should be giant... Maybe almost the same size as your character?

The picture is good... But it's just friggen scary...
I personally include the area before the Temple as the desert. And I had the same idea for size, I was just thinking compared to the size of the Frog Hat, it'd be huge.  :P

And that picture didn't scare me that much. Scary-LOOKING, yes. Yes, it is. Just not scary.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

JoEL

It's agreed, super saiyan frog, kkthnx.

God-I-Suck

Personally, I think Stick Online version 2 is completed. I'm not saying Meiun is adding too much, but I am for sure ready for Stick Online 3 and serious business. Stick Online 3 forever! My opinion, please don't argue -.- ..

Ceroblitz

and.... at this point of time.. I really have nothing else to do, so I'm currently making frog boss sprites (making enemies is hard!).
and it is very interesting.

Mystery

Quote from: God-I-Suck on September 05, 2009, 10:35:13 PM
Personally, I think Stick Online version 2 is completed. I'm not saying Meiun is adding too much, but I am for sure ready for Stick Online 3 and serious business. Stick Online 3 forever! My opinion, please don't argue -.- ..
People want SOv3 a LOT more than SOv2 updates, I guarantee you. (Myself included......WAY more) But it's no reason to completely ABANDON SOv2 updates, either. Minor ones help keep the game active.

That being said, if I had to choose between slow progress on SOv3 and several updates on SOv2, and faster progress on SOv3 and virtually NO updates to SOv2, I'd pick the latter.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Ceroblitz

Let's not get off topic shall we?
Anyways... here is my version of the BFB (Big Frog Boss)

It isn't colored, because it would take more time, and the animation took a lot of time already.
Tell me what you think.

flashmaniac

Niiiiiice, I like it :P

tehrozzy

Ceroblitz....is there anything he CAN'T do....?

EpicPhailure

When the frog is in midair, his legs are really weird. Other than that, it's cool :D

crozier

Ceroblitz

FIixed the belly, so the legs look better, and added one color.

Delicious

The animation itself is smooth, however, the frames which represent the frog in mid-air are very unatural looking, and your anotomy is off too. The hind leg is very ugly, in my opinion. You also have plenty of out-of-place pixels, and they need to be smoothed out. I'd suggest you look at reference some more if you haven't done so already - http://www.infovisual.info/02/img_en/026%20Morphology%20of%20a%20frog.jpg

I would also suggest picking a better colour then that, however it may not go well with the Stick-online palette if you are intending it match. Therefor, I'd just stick with whatever is presented from the frog hat colours, so you seem to be doing fine, I guess.

If your doing this for practice purposes, you should really attempt to make a well-built palette. Here is a good example of what I mean - http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2746/attentionbydepth.jpg
Rather then using depth by saturation or brightness, try using depth by temperature. It will result in a much more natural look. Purple is usually considered a shadow colour, so you shift the hue closer to that colour when doing the dark shades.

Despite those faults, I think that it is very charming and matches Stick-onlines style very well.
<3

ARTgames

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 06, 2009, 03:35:48 PM
FIixed the belly, so the legs look better, and added one color.

I don't know about it fitting stick online's stile but it does looks good. To expand on that it looks too good for stick online 2. like the cactus.

I would like to see it fully colored!

Quote from: God-I-Suck on September 05, 2009, 10:35:13 PM

hey man you answer the main question fine. i respect your post.