News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

cactus boss

Started by ARTgames, September 04, 2009, 06:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

The frog's shape is good, but I dislike the color and shading.  The coloring I would go more brownish green, then lime so it fits in better with the desert.  The shading is wrong in my option, since you have the head the brightest then circle shade away from that area not following the body's shape.  Also I think it's to simple and requires more details like spots.

Here is a rough idea of what I mean.

~Pin

JoEL

Good work Cero and nice job pin, that looks excellent!

yottabyte

Nice work Pinball and Cero and Del and you.. niceee... Although I prefer Cero's version of the frog for SO2, It's simple and clean.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pinball on September 14, 2009, 03:15:41 AM
The frog's shape is good, but I dislike the color and shading.  The coloring I would go more brownish green, then lime so it fits in better with the desert.  The shading is wrong in my option, since you have the head the brightest then circle shade away from that area not following the body's shape.  Also I think it's to simple and requires more details like spots.

~Pin
I have been thinking the same thing here, and I really like the shading he has redone. Maybe with his permission you could use it and edit all the other frames to fit it? I think this monster would also be really cool in the sense that it would be a collaborative community effort...which is a really neat concept. Keep up the great work, kudos to all working on it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

~Pin

pin i agree on the fist part of your post. but i would need to say that your sprite is way to good for stick online 2. :P

flashmaniac

Quote from: ARTgames on September 14, 2009, 05:22:41 PM

~Pin

pin i agree on the fist part of your post. but i would need to say that your sprite is way to good for stick online 2. :P

I'd say it fits perfectly with SO2. The shading is just right for the desert scene and it looks realistic. Since when have you seen a green frog in the desert? On sand?

Nice work team.

Ceroblitz

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200811/r311088_1368967.jpg
lol. Green frog in desert.
But If not, Maybe yellow or something similar.

Delicious

Perhaps you should use the colour palette from the cactus and give it to the frog, seeing as the greens are both very simular to the same colour of object.  :-\
<3

ARTgames

Quote from: flashmaniac on September 14, 2009, 06:05:20 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on September 14, 2009, 05:22:41 PM

~Pin

I'd say it fits perfectly with SO2. The shading is just right for the desert scene and it looks realistic. Since when have you seen a green frog in the desert? On sand?

Nice work team.

just a joke.

also maybe a desert frog color
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h9lX5jsqCiE/SHLc1JfzLUI/AAAAAAAAAWg/YMHfImplIcA/s400/IMGP3064.JPG

Ceroblitz

Also btw, it was very time consuming to color all the frames, but be my guest.

JoEL

Pinballs is all good for SOv2...What about the shading on the DS or SF? Everyone knows the DS is just amazing. I think that SO doesn't have just 1 style, it has a small range of styles.

Delicious

I'd say just leave it. If it's plan to fit with SO2, it is executed perfectly. I would not go and change the palette on second thought, since this matches the frog hat, and therefor it should match the frog itself. Excellent work on the attack animation, though some body movement would make it a bit more natural.
<3

Pinball

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 14, 2009, 07:06:40 PM

I suppose it could work as green after recoloring the shading, as for yellow, I prefer my 1st version color over it.

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 14, 2009, 08:28:20 PM
Didn't get around to the jump animation you did, also didn't look/fix for mistakes that I made.

anyways good job on the frog cero.
~Pin

Turkey

I like it, but i don't think it fits for stickonline.

flashmaniac

Quote from: Pinball on September 16, 2009, 12:14:33 AM
Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 14, 2009, 07:06:40 PM

I suppose it could work as green after recoloring the shading, as for yellow, I prefer my 1st version color over it.

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 14, 2009, 08:28:20 PM
Didn't get around to the jump animation you did, also didn't look/fix for mistakes that I made.

anyways good job on the frog cero.
~Pin

I meant like a really light green like before, that grey/greenish coloured one would fit perfectly with the sand.