News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

cactus boss

Started by ARTgames, September 04, 2009, 06:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Finished it cause I was bored. There is still so much wrong with my frog, such as the lightsource being in two different directions, but oh well. ;P

<3

Ceroblitz

Lol, nice job Delicious, looks like something for SO3(which it could be), just a little fat and round. I'll be working on my frog tommorow, hopefully finishing it.(Lol, I wrote this on my Dsi :P)

crozier

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 07, 2009, 04:37:55 AM
Lol, nice job Delicious, looks like something for SO3(which it could be), just a little fat and round. I'll be working on my frog tommorow, hopefully finishing it.(Lol, I wrote this on my Dsi :P)
You can do that with a Dsi  :o
ok....
Delicious frog is too good for So2.
These are sprites worthy of so3.
If cero's frog turns out just as good as that, and fully animated then it will be awesome.
On an other note, I do not think it should drop an aqua blade.
These are frogs we are talking about. It would have to be like poison or slimey sword of something a little more frog like.

ARTgames

@Ceroblitz
your new frog looks grate. But the eye seem a little wired.

@Delicious
It does not seem like meiun having you make a lot of graphics. unless your all done. (considering how fast and how good your work is)

Its also funny how this topic turned into a frog boss topic.

One thing i would to point out is what do we kill to spawn this. cac?

Mystery

Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 07, 2009, 02:13:57 AM
I have a couple fun ideas for drops:

Tongue Whip: A little more range than the ordinary whip, and does slightly more damage, but safe attack speed. Would be thick and look like a frogs tongue. This also fits in great because cacti drop whips. Also while this weapon may not be extremely powerful, if it was a little longer than the whip, it would have slightly more range than the slasher, adding a new aspect to pvp again.

Toad Hat: Gives the exact same jump boost as the frog hat, +1 to agility, and slightly decreases falling speed. (Similar to Disasteroid's tournament crown.) I have 2 ideas for it's looks, it would either look like a meaner frog hat, with warts and darker colors, or I was also thinking it would be fun to have a stab at Mario and have a Toad hat where it is a white mushroom with red spots. Either would be cool, maybe you all have other ideas? This makes a cool new hat for the new boss, without making any other hat with similar abilities worthless. It doesn't give any defense, making the Froggy hat still somewhat valuable stat wise if not for looks. And it doesn't make the regular Frog hat worthless either, because if you want a high jump, but want to fall fast and not spend time in the air, than you can still use it. All at the same time, it gives players a cool new feature to play around with.

And in addition to the 2 above, it would drop the Frog hat and Froggy hat. That makes 4 interesting drops, for an interesting boss.

So those are my drop ideas, what do you all think?
I had the same idea for a weapon. Great minds think alike.  :P The Toad Hat sounds really nice. It really should look like an actual toad, though. (I laughed at the Mario suggestion) I don't think it should drop the Aqua Blade, though(like Ceroblitz suggested). We have enough variations of swords already, in my opinion.(Short Sword, Great Sword, Slasher, Inferno Sword, Sand Sword)
Though I wouldn't complain if it had an Aqua Blade as a drop. More power to it.

So it could possibly drop the Tongue Whip, Aqua Blade, Toad Hat, Frog Hat, and Froggy Hat. Sounds good.

Ceroblitz, your V2 BFB is significantly better in anatomy and design. Props to you. The shading is still slightly off, but that's all I can say at this point.

Delicious, your frog is excellent. But like you said, there are multiple light sources. He's not quite as long as he should be.(Ceroblitz's frog was a good example) The trunk doesn't appear to curve down, either(but I could be wrong, the bumps block my view) But ignoring those, it's something incredible that would be great to see in SOv3. Nice work.

And ARTgames, yes, we'd kill cacti to get this boss. After all, it's the boss of the cacti.  :P

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: Mystery on September 07, 2009, 10:42:55 AM

And ARTgames, yes, we'd kill cacti to get this boss. After all, it's the boss of the cacti.  :P

Ok. the way you people were going i thought this was going to spin off into a whole different idea. just checking. :)

Delicious

Oh, that was hardly a sketch, and was just foolin' around with my example I had made. However, I still do appreciate the comments. Thanks guys.  :)
<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Mystery on September 07, 2009, 10:42:55 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 07, 2009, 02:13:57 AM
I have a couple fun ideas for drops:

Tongue Whip: A little more range than the ordinary whip, and does slightly more damage, but safe attack speed. Would be thick and look like a frogs tongue. This also fits in great because cacti drop whips. Also while this weapon may not be extremely powerful, if it was a little longer than the whip, it would have slightly more range than the slasher, adding a new aspect to pvp again.

Toad Hat: Gives the exact same jump boost as the frog hat, +1 to agility, and slightly decreases falling speed. (Similar to Disasteroid's tournament crown.) I have 2 ideas for it's looks, it would either look like a meaner frog hat, with warts and darker colors, or I was also thinking it would be fun to have a stab at Mario and have a Toad hat where it is a white mushroom with red spots. Either would be cool, maybe you all have other ideas? This makes a cool new hat for the new boss, without making any other hat with similar abilities worthless. It doesn't give any defense, making the Froggy hat still somewhat valuable stat wise if not for looks. And it doesn't make the regular Frog hat worthless either, because if you want a high jump, but want to fall fast and not spend time in the air, than you can still use it. All at the same time, it gives players a cool new feature to play around with.

And in addition to the 2 above, it would drop the Frog hat and Froggy hat. That makes 4 interesting drops, for an interesting boss.

So those are my drop ideas, what do you all think?
I had the same idea for a weapon. Great minds think alike.  :P The Toad Hat sounds really nice. It really should look like an actual toad, though. (I laughed at the Mario suggestion) I don't think it should drop the Aqua Blade, though(like Ceroblitz suggested). We have enough variations of swords already, in my opinion.(Short Sword, Great Sword, Slasher, Inferno Sword, Sand Sword)
Though I wouldn't complain if it had an Aqua Blade as a drop. More power to it.

So it could possibly drop the Tongue Whip, Aqua Blade, Toad Hat, Frog Hat, and Froggy Hat. Sounds good.

Ceroblitz, your V2 BFB is significantly better in anatomy and design. Props to you. The shading is still slightly off, but that's all I can say at this point.

Delicious, your frog is excellent. But like you said, there are multiple light sources. He's not quite as long as he should be.(Ceroblitz's frog was a good example) The trunk doesn't appear to curve down, either(but I could be wrong, the bumps block my view) But ignoring those, it's something incredible that would be great to see in SOv3. Nice work.

At least to my current knowledge, monsters drop a max of 4 items unique to themselves, which is why i only decided to think up 2 items instead of more because it obviously needs to drop the Frog and Froggy. Idk...not saying we couldn't make an exception though.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

yottabyte

Quote from: Mrs. Pwnette on September 07, 2009, 12:38:33 PM

At least to my current knowledge, monsters drop a max of 4 items unique to themselves, which is why i only decided to think up 2 items instead of more because it obviously needs to drop the Frog and Froggy. Idk...not saying we couldn't make an exception though.

No. That was before the donor server. Then Meiun thought "WTH who really cares" and he added a lot of stuff and we are proud of him :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Ceroblitz

Shaded it... The jumping animation will begin shortly.

ARTgames

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 07, 2009, 03:54:21 PM

Shaded it... The jumping animation will begin shortly.

there something with the background shading (i meant its hind legs) that's seems off to me. Other than that i can see it on stick online.

Bread

What program do you use for spriting, Delicious? If you don't mind me asking.

Delicious

Well, for that I used MS Paint. I'm more frequent to use Graphics Gale Registered, though.  ;)
<3

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on September 08, 2009, 12:08:18 PM
Well, for that I used MS Paint. I'm more frequent to use Graphics Gale Registered, though.  ;)

your frog graphics look like something i would see in a ds game. really good!

another idea i had in mind (i know i did not make this idea) is shooed we have a special Easter or Halloween boss also like we did in the past for xmiss.

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 08, 2009, 05:30:27 PM
Quote from: Delicious on September 08, 2009, 12:08:18 PM

your frog graphics look like something i would see in a ds game. really good!

another idea i had in mind (i know i did not make this idea) is shooed we have a special Easter or Halloween boss also like we did in the past for xmiss.
Well, we have presents and deluxe presents, though I know they aren't really monsters. Maybe the snowman could make a grand return.  ;)  Scaled down and different-looking, of course.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.