News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Heal while offline

Started by God-I-Suck, August 21, 2009, 12:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

But games are supposed to be challenging too. If they aren't, they become boring. It's like when you turn God mode on and it's fun for a while but then you stop playing because you've done everything that's possible to do and it gets boring. Start making concessions like this to make the game easier and easier and it just gets boring. That's my opinion anyways. I don't see this as a feature that is usefull, I find it something for people who are lazy or don't want to spend the minute or two it takes to regen. I'm not trying to put your idea down or anything, this is just my opinion on it.

ARTgames

sitting down and doing nothing is not fun neater. but that's how meiun whats to do it. and the first thing i want to do when i start a game is play it. ether way Lingus when you healing your doing nothing. why does it matter when your doing nothing?

Lingus

Not to be harsh, but I'm going to respond to that in the extreme to prove a point: Why not remove the health and stamina bars altogether? That way you never have to sit and regen...

Would that make the game more fun? No. Why? Because it would remove the challenge. Part of the challenge of the game is managing your health and stamina bars. Part of doing that is making sure they are full before you log out, or failing that, after you log in. You shouldn't be given free health or stamina for any reason. It removes the challenge from the game.

Danimal

I agree completely with Lingus here, it's really not something necessary.

ARTgames

your not given it free. If you log into the game before your time is due you don't get full health.

Your taking this too fare. having full hp when you start the game is not the same as not having it at all. it does not half to be all or nothing. We still will have all that stuff. I don't see how starting the game with full hp is removing any challenge. you still half to maintain it in game.

You also half to rmb im the guy who is for non pvp potions. which i still thing is far if you worked for your gold why cant it pay off. but that's another matter.

As of stick online 2 i think this game main fun is from pvp. And trying to kill some one under the constrains of the hp and stam bar i do think is fun.

I think we can both agree to disagree. but as you said this really is just "It's not that big of a deal". the only reason why i care is that as useless as this idea might be i still think its value of convenience it adds to the game trumps it. but that IMO.

And if i do really what this i guess could just make a micro that logs you off after you hit max hp.

Turkey

I don't think its really that big of a deal. I usually heal before i log off anyways. But it would be nice to have just in case.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Lingus on August 21, 2009, 06:22:44 PM
Not to be harsh, but I'm going to respond to that in the extreme to prove a point: Why not remove the health and stamina bars altogether? That way you never have to sit and regen...

Would that make the game more fun? No. Why? Because it would remove the challenge. Part of the challenge of the game is managing your health and stamina bars. Part of doing that is making sure they are full before you log out, or failing that, after you log in. You shouldn't be given free health or stamina for any reason. It removes the challenge from the game.

I don't see how sitting down every time you log in to heal promotes any challenges. All it does is prove to be an annoyance to players/a waste of time. Perhaps it might be a challenge while your actually playing and progressing through the game, but once you log in? I don't think so. And here is another extreme to counter your point: Why not remove all other gameplay aspects except sitting to regenerate health points and stamina because it would be really "challenging".

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Danimal on August 21, 2009, 06:27:43 PM
Says the "overpowered tank"/"mod helm wearer".

I don't see why YOU particularly would find this to be a problem. >.>
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Danimal

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 22, 2009, 01:21:38 PM

That's neither valid or necessary. I play on non-GM accounts all the time, and the truth of the matter is each stat build comes with it's pros and cons. For instance, a high agility stat build and a tank build, racing to a SG from noobland. The high agi will get there first but heal slower, whereas the tank will get there alot later, but have little trouble being ready. It's not a huge deal either way, but in a game where, people are maxing out easily, making things just a lil easier, is taking a lil edge off of the game. It's a feature in the game, to manage your health and stamina bars, and to use time when you're not even playing the game to help you in-game, is not really something that IMO is needed.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Danimal on August 22, 2009, 01:47:32 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 22, 2009, 01:21:38 PM

That's neither valid or necessary. I play on non-GM accounts all the time, and the truth of the matter is each stat build comes with it's pros and cons. For instance, a high agility stat build and a tank build, racing to a SG from noobland. The high agi will get there first but heal slower, whereas the tank will get there alot later, but have little trouble being ready. It's not a huge deal either way, but in a game where, people are maxing out easily, making things just a lil easier, is taking a lil edge off of the game. It's a feature in the game, to manage your health and stamina bars, and to use time when you're not even playing the game to help you in-game, is not really something that IMO is needed.

Actually, I believe it was very necessary...because had I not said that, you wouldn't have provided that insightful explanation...proving my points invalid. Looking at it from that perspective as you just described...I have a change in opinion, because that makes perfect sense to me. Good work in being one of the first to sway my opinion a different way...because I am Mr Pwnage...and this shit never happens.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

God-I-Suck

Alright everyone, I think that's about enough. I just wanted this to be a simple idea, not a big war. Someone please lock this topic!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: God-I-Suck on August 22, 2009, 09:29:39 PM
Alright everyone, I think that's about enough. I just wanted this to be a simple idea, not a big war. Someone please lock this topic!
If I am not mistaken you started this topic? A topic creator can lock his/her own topics...there should be a button somewhere...take a look.

God-I-Suck

Hm, I don't see a lock button anywhere. Care to enlighten me?

EDIT: I found it nvm.