News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Guide on Strength and Damage

Started by Jmac, April 28, 2011, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did I do on my first guide?

Great!
7 (63.6%)
Good.
4 (36.4%)
Alright.
0 (0%)
Bad.
0 (0%)
Terrible.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Jmac

I'm not really much of a guide writer, but I shall attempt to make this one at least half decent. So, here it goes:

Strength is the first of the four stats in Stick-Online and is used to increase damage dealt to monsters and fellow players, as well as increase knockback dealt by the two hammers and the LSS.

Strength is commonly misunderstood as a damage additive, but this is far from true. Strength is actually a damage multiplier. This can be shown in the damage formula (not sure if it's been confirmed):

{1+[(Str*4)/100]}Weapon Damage=Damage Dealt
Strength times four, divided by one hundred, plus one, times weapon damage, is equal to the damage dealt.

When this formula is simplified and you leave strength as a variable, you can see that each Str. point is a 4% (or .04) increase to your damage multiplier.

For example, a person with 25 strength would have a full 100% increase to their damage multiplier, increasing it to 200% (the 1 in the equation is the base percent) and they would do two times the amount of weapon damage then normal, meaning that, if they were using the Great Sword, (has a base damage of 40) they would do 80 damage.

Now that I've clarified that to the best of my ability, you can see (possibly) that every 25 strength points is another 100% added to your damage multiplier, eventually reaching a max of 496%, (you can only have 99 strength) or a 4.96 damage multiplier when you have max strength.

How does this affect you? Well, unfortunately, since we don't know if monsters have a set defense value, and we don't even have their accurate health data, you can't really use this as accurately as you'd like. Fortunately, JesusLand has fairly accurate health data (unlike other things...) and this can help you know how much more strength you need to kill a monster in one less hit and conserve stamina.

For example, (oh no, not another one) I know that it takes exactly 76 strength to kill a bandit in one hit with a great sword, which is a 4.04 damage multiplier, and a 40 base damage weapon. This means, that if you don't count monsters as having defense then bandits have approximately 162 health (greater than 160, and less than or equal to 161.6), so you can use this info with another weapon to find out how close to getting one less hit on a bandit then you already are.

Here are some fun facts about strength:
1) It takes 72 strength to stone hammer skeles onto the pillars at the temple
2) A 99 strength character hitting a 99 agility character (with a frog hat on) with a wooden hammer can fly about the distance from the first bandit pit to the end of the clubhouse.
3) The snowball, when used by a 99 strength character, does about as much damage as the scythe will for a person with 1 strength.
4) Pure strength accounts are unlucky. (Proven fact...by me :( )

Weapon Damage for each weapon:
Snowball 5
Punch 8
Candy Canes 10
Kick 12
Branch 13
Whip 13
Dark Gauntlet 13
Hatchet 14
Dagger 14
Katana 15
Lantern 15
Spire Dagger 19
Short Sword 20
Scythe 25
Wooden Hammer 31
Slasher 37
Great Sword 40
Inferno Sword 47
Stone Hammer 50
Legendary Sand Blade 55

Annnnndd thanks to everyone who's ever contributed anything toward finding out the damage formula and weapon damage, which would be Seifer I believe, and Prosper, for putting it all together a while back. Hope my first guide didn't suck to bad, thanks for reading! XD

Jmac

Hate to double post, but is my guide too long and unhelpful to even vote in the poll?!? :( Lol, at least I tried.

Lingus

Not bad. The explanation for the damage formula is well thought out and helpful. Good job.

Nothing new, but it's laid out it a easy to understand way.

Jmac