News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Hello, I'm a professional level designer and I'd like to work with you on designing levels in Stick Online 3. I heard you're in need of level designers and I'd like to offer my assistance.

If you're wondering about my skills, here is a screenshot of one of the games I helped make.

I'm 100% responsible for the fantastic level designing of this game.

Please email me if interested.

PS: This is in no way trolling.

Mystery

Quote from: 11clock on June 30, 2011, 07:46:47 PM
Hello, I'm a professional level designer and I'd like to work with you on designing levels in Stick Online 3. I heard you're in need of level designers and I'd like to offer my assistance.

If you're wondering about my skills, here is a screenshot of one of the games I helped make.

I'm 100% responsible for the fantastic level designing of this game.

Please email me if interested.

PS: This is in no way trolling.
ಠ_ಠ

One thing I think I'd like to see, if possible, would be a dumbed-down level editor for v3. That would be extremely nifty, if you're going about the route of 'levels'.  :)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

crozier

First off clock, you are not professional.
Quotefollowing an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.
, says dictionary.com.
And I'm not entirely sure if that screenshot is a good interpretation on your skills of a programmer/level designer.

Well anyway, I have worked with Clock for a while now (as a pixel artist, for his company TwinGames) and I can vouch for him. (if he is being serious) Two games in particular, Alphatext and Tomato Potato, are excellent interpretations of his work. I suggest you check them out below if you are intrested in a level designer position.
http://www.twingamesco.com/games.html

Meiun

Quote from: CherryPie on June 30, 2011, 07:36:11 AM
Rewriting parts of the XNA framework only because you think there is room for improvement?
You really want to create one hell of a quality game!
I originally started off for a short while just using straight C#, utilizing it's standard GDI+ libraries for graphics. But it quickly became apparent that performance with it was not really intended for games, so I began to look for some alternate methods for displaying the graphics. XNA seemed like both the best and most practical option, so I went with that. But I really ended up not needing it for much more than loading in and displaying the graphical resources. I am by no means opposed to using stuff from elsewhere if there is a real good reason to do so, but if not, I usually jump at the opportunity if I think I can do a more suitable job for what my needs are.

Quote from: foG on June 30, 2011, 07:42:10 AM
Oh btw, didn't venuse resprite the RB into SOv3 style once? It looked awesome, I can't find the link though.
Yes he did. That is actually one monster I'm really hoping that we will be able to use along side whatever graphics we end up with for monsters down the road.

Quote from: mikkelet on June 30, 2011, 01:39:41 PM
Looks truely amazing! :)

Few questions:
1. Have you considered any marketing/publishing (if Terraria can sell, so can this;))?
2. Are you introducing any quick-travel method (not that I necessarily want this, but still..)?
3. Is the combat animation based, or will there be projectiles (arrows, bullets, magic missiles)?
3. Will the mysterious newspaper guy return? :P
1) I haven't really considered it too much, as financial success is not exactly my #1 goal for the game. But realistically speaking, with me having just graduated college (with a Computer Science degree, which is essentially exactly what youd want if you were going to pursue programming games like I do with SO), I'm going to need to be able to support myself financially somehow. If I could find some way to (even partially) do so by working on Stick Online, that would really be a dream come true. So while I certainly still intend to make the game completely free to play, if I could find some other way to still see a bit of profit off of it, that would definitely be nice too.

2) Most likely there will be some forms of quick transportation once the game world starts getting particularly large, but it will probably be fairly limited, as I really want world exploration and adventuring to play an important and fun role in the game.

3) It will be primarily close combat and "animation" based (if I'm interpreting what you mean by that properly), but I do plan to have some projectile based weapons and attacks as well. Just more as sort of secondary means of attack in most cases.

4) Perhaps :P You will just need to wait and see.

Quote from: Mystery on June 30, 2011, 08:26:18 PM
One thing I think I'd like to see, if possible, would be a dumbed-down level editor for v3. That would be extremely nifty, if you're going about the route of 'levels'.  :)
Not quite sure what you mean by a "dumbed-down" level editor. As I said in my first post, I've already written a fully functional and fairly easy to use level editor for it, and I'm not really sure what I could do to make it any easier to use without limiting it's functionality :D

11clock

Quote from: crozier on June 30, 2011, 08:32:30 PM
First off clock, you are not professional.
Quotefollowing an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.
, says dictionary.com.
And I'm not entirely sure if that screenshot is a good interpretation on your skills of a programmer/level designer.

Well anyway, I have worked with Clock for a while now (as a pixel artist, for his company TwinGames) and I can vouch for him. (if he is being serious) Two games in particular, Alphatext and Tomato Potato, are excellent interpretations of his work. I suggest you check them out below if you are intrested in a level designer position.
http://www.twingamesco.com/games.html
You actually took my post seriously? O.o It was supposed to be a joke. I can make levels a lot better than what I posted above (that game actually looks terrible).

I do appreciate the link to my website, though. :)

Mystery

Quote from: Meiun on June 30, 2011, 08:38:32 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by a "dumbed-down" level editor. As I said in my first post, I've already written a fully functional and fairly easy to use level editor for it, and I'm not really sure what I could do to make it any easier to use without limiting it's functionality :D
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you had made one. That's great! I had meant one that was usable by those who have limited knowledge of coding.

v3's looking fantastic so far, just more great stuff after the next.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

What is the icon between the crown and weapon on the UI bar?

I'm guessing the order of the 5 icons is Stats, Skills, Weapons, ???, and Hats.

stick d00d

Will you be adding more info/screenshots/videos to this same topic as you progress further in development?

Prosper

First off, 11clock you plagiarized commander keen 4's over world sprite  :o shame on you !

Second, Meiun.. you're not making this easy on me :(. I was almost 2 months in a trip back to sanity and social living. I had succesfully stopped spending 12-14 hours a day playing SO v2 but now.... v3 looks so tempting !

Semi-kidding... (You should sell stuff.. you make things so addictive ;) ).

Excellent work, and you definately will earn my quality game time back. Lets hope I can keep it under 4-5 hours a day this time.

My break is officialy over :)

Jmac

Quote from: Prosper on June 30, 2011, 10:07:51 PM
First off, 11clock you plagiarized commander keen 4's over world sprite  :o shame on you !

Second, Meiun.. you're not making this easy on me :(. I was almost 2 months in a trip back to sanity and social living. I had succesfully stopped spending 12-14 hours a day playing SO v2 but now.... v3 looks so tempting !

Semi-kidding... (You should sell stuff.. you make things so addictive ;) ).

Excellent work, and you definately will earn my quality game time back. Lets hope I can keep it under 4-5 hours a day this time.

My break is officialy over :)
Haha, aren't you married? Your wife was probably happy you weren't spending so much time on the computer, and Meiun just dragged ya right back in. ;D Ahh, the pure addictiveness of Stick-Online never gets old.

Siedge

11clock

Quote from: Prosper on June 30, 2011, 10:07:51 PM

lol, I have no idea what Commander Keen 4 is. I just grabbed a random picture from Google. Blame the guy who made the game. ::)

Bread

Quote from: Mystery on June 30, 2011, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: Meiun on June 30, 2011, 08:38:32 PM
One thing I think I'd like to see, if possible, would be a dumbed-down level editor for v3. That would be extremely nifty, if you're going about the route of 'levels'.  :)
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you had made one. That's great! I had meant one that was usable by those who have limited knowledge of coding.
You don't need any knowledge of coding to use a level editor.. This is an example of a level editor. Simply drag and place, for the most part.  :D

Bella

Bread

Her first post ever, and it's an epic Borat pic. VERY NIIIICE!!!  :D