News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Very good looking so far, Meiun. My hope is renewed and there is finally another MMO I may just have to try when it comes out. You'll be charging $15 a month for membership though, right?  ;)

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on July 01, 2011, 12:42:29 AM
Very good looking so far, Meiun. My hope is renewed and there is finally another MMO I may just have to try when it comes out. You'll be charging $15 a month for membership though, right?  ;)

Wha-?

He told me it was $50 a month, but I needed to buy the $60 expansion and use 'SOCash' to be able to level up! (5 cents per point, 500 points per level up)

darkflash

HE TOLD ME that it wasn't not no free

CherryPie

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 01, 2011, 12:45:05 AM
Very good looking so far, Meiun. My hope is renewed and there is finally another MMO I may just have to try when it comes out. You'll be charging $15 a month for membership though, right?  ;)

Wha-?

He told me it was $50 a month, but I needed to buy the $60 expansion and use 'SOCash' to be able to level up! (5 cents per point, 500 points per level up)

Integrating a .net paypal component in a c# project should be possible somehow or realizable through a separated asp.net web ui, that accesses the players sql database, with the corresponding api, so I think we could really see something similar to a cash shop in v3 if meiun wants that ;)

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/paypal_c_aspnet.aspx#API

Bread

Quote from: CherryPie on July 01, 2011, 03:37:52 AM

Wha-?

Integrating a .net paypal component in a c# project should be possible somehow or realizable through a separated asp.net web ui, that accesses the players sql database, with the corresponding api, so I think we could really see something similar to a cash shop in v3 if meiun wants that ;)

No. That would make StickOnline like all the other "Free to play" MMO's that are based on cash shops. Whoever has the most money wins? No thank you. I can list many games that are simply a failure gameplay-wise because of this "perk".

CherryPie

Quote from: Bread on July 01, 2011, 05:29:45 AM

Wha-?

No. That would make StickOnline like all the other "Free to play" MMO's that are based on cash shops. Whoever has the most money wins? No thank you. I can list many games that are simply a failure gameplay-wise because of this "perk".
There is a difference between a very small choice of buyable ingame items that only change your characters look and a thousand of stupid stat reset, skillbook and rare weapon items. Keep that in mind. ;)

11clock

Wha-?

I'm pretty sure they're joking.

T-Rok

Quote from: CherryPie on July 01, 2011, 08:12:48 AM

Wha-?

There is a difference between a very small choice of buyable ingame items that only change your characters look and a thousand of stupid stat reset, skillbook and rare weapon items. Keep that in mind. ;)

1: Be like Team Fortress 2
2: Have 10GB of hats that do diddly squat
3: ???
4: Profit

Meiun

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 30, 2011, 09:06:31 PM
What is the icon between the crown and weapon on the UI bar?

I'm guessing the order of the 5 icons is Stats, Skills, Weapons, ???, and Hats.
The 5 icons currently represent stats, skills, weapons, friends, and clans. However, the GUI and it's associated buttons and functionality are still subject to change, so don't read too much in to it.

Quote from: stick d00d on June 30, 2011, 09:08:54 PM
Will you be adding more info/screenshots/videos to this same topic as you progress further in development?
That is the current plan, yes.

Wha-?

I totally agree. I have always hated games that use the concept of a cash shop in a way that has any sort of significant impact on success for the player. Stick Online itself will of course be free, as I have stated before. But I am not totally opposed to the idea of some sort of cash-shop-ish setup, as long as I can make sure that all the purchases made would be far more aimed around giving you cool or fun rewards, as opposed to ones that actually helped you succeed, made you more powerful, or otherwise gave you any sort of unfair advantage. I'm sure I dislike those kind of setups at LEAST as much as you do. But either way, profit isn't exactly my primary concern, so I am not worrying about any of this sort of thing too much yet.

Lingus

I can see Meiun figuring out this "cash-shop-affecting-gameplay" issue by putting in non-gameplay related perks of some sort, but at the same time being extremely catchy and desirable, and then within a year he's on the front cover of Fortune 500.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lingus on July 01, 2011, 01:16:07 PM
I can see Meiun figuring out this "cash-shop-affecting-gameplay" issue by putting in non-gameplay related perks of some sort, but at the same time being extremely catchy and desirable, and then within a year he's on the front cover of Fortune 500.
Hopefully, it doesn't end up like Eve Online ;)

Cactuscat222

Most games got it the formula correct at the start - but as the game progressed, they needed more and more attractive things to sell to players and you end up seeing more and more unfair advantages given to players who pay. Battlefield Heroes had it right when they started (cosmetic outfits and experience boosts), but eventually completely lost track and started selling powerful weapons only for paying players. -.-

Team Fortress 2 has the formula (mostly) down. While they may have items that are game-changing or boost a player that can be bought, you can eventually find or trade for them as a free player, and you don't hear much complaining!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

darkflash

Meiun do you still have that pic of that new RB? Could you show us?

Meiun

Bread

Quote from: darkflash on July 01, 2011, 05:35:22 PM
Meiun do you still have that pic of that new RB? Could you show us?
I would also like to see this, if anybody has the image. It sounds interesting.  ;)

Edit: Meiun posted it right before I posted this, lol.. It looks very cool. :D