News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loksmith

The one and only

venuse

i made a walk that can also be used as an idle.

Ceroblitz

Zario777

Not even a month and Cero's already adapted -.-
Can you stop with the amazement for 5 minutes?! X)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

thekolla

Oh my god ceroblitz, its sooo sexy i hope this gets put in the game :D!

venuse

man dude that is some great animation. its so fluid
ps try for fewer frames like round 7 to 10

Ceroblitz

Quote from: venuse on July 03, 2011, 03:48:38 PM
man dude that is some great animation. its so fluid
ps try for fewer frames like round 7 to 10
Hmm fewer frames, didn't know. It's about 53 or so frames, 27 unique ones.

thekolla

I dont see why it would have to be fewer frames?

darkflash

it looks like his sword just explodes O_O And im pretty sure venuse knows what he's talking about :P  And I'm not sure but I think there's to much time when he's just holding the sword before he swings

Delicious

Quote from: thekolla on July 03, 2011, 05:02:19 PM
I'd assume because too many frames would cause lag and a larger file for SO... But yea, sweet animation.
<3

Freeforall

Quote from: Ceroblitz on July 03, 2011, 03:29:19 PM
I made this.
psst hint hint

mmmhmm
You could probably get that ingame :O
What did you use to sprite that? It looks really amazing.

darkflash

venuse

most games only use about 8 to 11 frames because the more frames you use the greater the amount of memory used which with alot of things on screen could cause a decrease in fps. however it is about the amount of work that is needed and the gain frame the said number of frames. if you can you can accomplish in 8 frames what you did in 50 you are cutting your work load down by close to 1/5. even games like wario land shake it only used around 12. in addition if you need to alter the animation it is far easier to alter 8 frames then 50+

also i have some constructive criticism first your feet loose proportion when they move so on the right foot when it rotates  you might add a few pixels to the right side of the right foot when it is rotated to keep proportion and on the back, because the back foot looses size when you lean forward. also the last few frames the character seems alittle to off balance, making it seem like he is kinda floating on his foot on the swing. so you my shift his weight back alittle on the last frames

Meiun

Quote from: Bread on July 01, 2011, 10:10:03 PM

Meiun, looking at this picture makes me wonder if our equipped weapon will always be visible? I'm looking at this sprite as if it's my character standing idle in town or whatnot, with a sword equipped. Will there be running animations and such for every weapon? I hope I made my question clear.  :P
Not likely. That would add a great deal more complication to things, and ultimately restrict our ability to animate things easily and freely.

Quote from: crozier on July 02, 2011, 11:52:55 AM
QuoteCiro is not actively involved in the V3 development at this point in time.
http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=741.0
:-\

Also, Meiun, now that the So3's head sprite has been released to the public will people be able to submit sprites to you?
Note that the topic you linked to was from well over a year ago :P All I'm saying is that she has not been actively involved in V3 thus far. I haven't really been in contact with her for some time now.

As for taking submissions, In general I will not be accepting graphics from non team members for V3. That is not however to say that creating or posting graphics for V3 is pointless. Pretty much all of the current artists, as well as ones from the past have all been recruited due to their graphical postings on these forums. But for consistency purposes, proper coordination with the team, professionalism, as well as potential (although unlikely) legal complications, I would much rather keep all the art for the game made by the games development team. If we need more people to do graphics, we will recruit more people to do the graphics. In other words, if you want to post stuff, feel free (who knows, it may even get you a spot on the team some day). Just don't expect us to be taking all sorts of individual submissions from multiple random people.

Quote from: thekolla on July 03, 2011, 05:02:19 PM
Efficiency is the biggest reason. Additionally, most the animations move fast enough so that once you have more than a certain amount, it really starts starts giving you diminishing returns in terms of how much smoother it makes it look. Typically (and depending on how long the animation is of course), you should only need a fraction of that number of frames to have a nice and fluid looking animation.

Quote from: Ceroblitz on July 03, 2011, 03:29:19 PM
I made this.
psst hint hint

mmmhmm
Looks pretty cool. However, in addition to the critique that Venuse gave (which I also agree with), I feel like the characters follow through on the swing is a bit off. He starts off very nicely, but once the animation begins to finish he seems a bit off balance and almost like he's left in a bit of a flail with his body. Also (this part is a touch hard to notice), but it seems like his front knee sort of spazes about 3/4ths of the way through the animation. Overall a really nice animation with a lot of potential, just needs some polish.

Freeforall

Meiun, when you say that there will be customization, what do you mean? Like... on some RPGs, when you start, you can change your player's apperance. (Faces, Skin Colour, Hair, ect.) Is that what you mean? Sorry if this has already been asked.