News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krele

Jesus, no wonder he's afraid of releasing any information at all. I wouldn't be surprised if one of you trolls kidnapped and forced him to tell you more... Use your brains and fix your lives already, you're not helping him with all the fuss about the release date.

king

Quote from: Meiun on July 08, 2011, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: king on July 08, 2011, 04:17:14 PM
Quote from: Seifer on July 07, 2011, 10:34:36 PM
Quote from: king on July 07, 2011, 10:30:41 PM
Quote from: Seifer on July 07, 2011, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: king on July 07, 2011, 10:00:49 PM
Question! This is for meiun or any mod/GM. Estimated time for when SOv3 will be released to the SO community?

When it is ready.

Thanks. I don't know if your mad or just saying that...can't tell.

No one, not even Meiun knows when it will be released.
ok thats why i said estimated time. not exact. right?
I honestly am not comfortable even giving much of an estimate yet. I don't want to get peoples hopes up until I can at least have a bit of certainty. There are way too many factors that would effect a release date, but I will let you guys know as soon as I can do some with some bit of certainty.

thanks that was all i asked... gee seifer was it that hard to do what he did?

Lingus

Quote from: king on July 08, 2011, 05:37:11 PMgee seifer was it that hard to do what he did?
It's different coming from Meiun directly. Having been one, I know the mods basically have a set of predetermined directives and common responses. Whenever anyone asks anything about the game progress, the common response is always "We know nothing." The reasoning behind this is so that they can avoid having said something that should not have been said. Although, in some cases (as in this one) it's because the knowledge is unavailable.

The difference when you ask Meiun directly is that he knows everything there is to know. If he's not giving you information it's because he's uncertain.

king

Quote from: Lingus on July 08, 2011, 06:52:55 PM
Quote from: king on July 08, 2011, 05:37:11 PMgee seifer was it that hard to do what he did?
It's different coming from Meiun directly. Having been one, I know the mods basically have a set of predetermined directives and common responses. Whenever anyone asks anything about the game progress, the common response is always "We know nothing." The reasoning behind this is so that they can avoid having said something that should not have been said. Although, in some cases (as in this one) it's because the knowledge is unavailable.

The difference when you ask Meiun directly is that he knows everything there is to know. If he's not giving you information it's because he's uncertain.

oh okay. sorry seifer ;) luv ya

Freeforall

When S.O v1 (Black and White version) was up, did it go down like V2 did for the next version of the game?

Seifer

It's not even just that. I can make a logical conclusion based on what I do know, and that I know Meiun. The answer I have was perfectly acceptable, because it was the truth, it was as exact as your going to get, which is to say not exact at all.

Meiun isn't a paid developer working 9-5 on the game with a team, this is still untimatly his hobby. One can not estimate on a game when they have no true designated hours or time schedual with which to work on the game. A million factors come into how long the game is going to be released, and all those factors are influenced by Meiuns personal life and his alotment of his time. How much he parties in the summer, goes to the beach, goes on trips, sees his girlfriend, how hard his classes in school are, how much homework he gets, what sort of job he is working, all of these things will certainly influence the amount of time it takes to make the game, which is why I say no one knows.

Freeforall

I sure hope that this topic doesn't get locked. That would be pretty sad.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the game. In the mean time, I am going to try and get rid of this stupid pop-up that is stuck on my desktop.
Thank you stick-online team for creating a cool game for everyone. :D

Forum

Officially quitted

CherryPie

Quote from: Meiun
-More intricate combat and gameplay, while still keeping many of the familiar and simple aspects of the original.

Can you tell anything more specific about that point by now? Is agi becoming a more useful stat in combats now because you have more complex dodging or even counter abilities or how do we have to understand that point?

Lingus

Quote from: Seifer on July 08, 2011, 09:12:07 PM

It's not even just that. I can make a logical conclusion based on what I do know, and that I know Meiun. The answer I have was perfectly acceptable, because it was the truth, it was as exact as your going to get, which is to say not exact at all.

Meiun isn't a paid developer working 9-5 on the game with a team, this is still untimatly his hobby. One can not estimate on a game when they have no true designated hours or time schedual with which to work on the game. A million factors come into how long the game is going to be released, and all those factors are influenced by Meiuns personal life and his alotment of his time. How much he parties in the summer, goes to the beach, goes on trips, sees his girlfriend, how hard his classes in school are, how much homework he gets, what sort of job he is working, all of these things will certainly influence the amount of time it takes to make the game, which is why I say no one knows.

I think we're talking about the same thing. I'm sure you say "No one knows" instead of getting into Meiun's personal life because it's not your life, it's Meiun's. Which is exactly what I'm saying. It's different when it comes directly from him.

But anyways...

On a similar note. Meiun, do you plan to put together a development schedule? If not a timeline then maybe features you plan to add, that kind of thing? Or is the list you put up pretty much that? Would you be getting into more detail as you solidify the designs?

sly 3 4 me

Not quite sure if this was addressed, but will it be possible for the characters to fall through platforms? Not sure how to word it, but on platforms which have ground or walking areas below them will it be possible to drop down to the lower level by pressing down? I know this isn't currently implemented in version 2, but I think it'd be cool to be able to on version 3 for convenience purposes at certain areas. It'd be at certain areas like the clubhouse, the arena, the branch area in the forest, the wall, etc. I think it'd be a nice ability to have available.

Meiun

Quote from: CherryPie on July 09, 2011, 10:10:45 AM
Quote from: Meiun
-More intricate combat and gameplay, while still keeping many of the familiar and simple aspects of the original.

Can you tell anything more specific about that point by now? Is agi becoming a more useful stat in combats now because you have more complex dodging or even counter abilities or how do we have to understand that point?
This is one thing you will have to wait until a later point to see/hear more about. Combat should still certainly feel familiar, but there will be more to it than just one standard attack and nothing else to assist you in combat situations, at least in many cases.

Quote from: Lingus on July 09, 2011, 12:34:08 PM
On a similar note. Meiun, do you plan to put together a development schedule? If not a timeline then maybe features you plan to add, that kind of thing? Or is the list you put up pretty much that? Would you be getting into more detail as you solidify the designs?
I really don't have a schedule at this point, for many of the reasons you and Seifer already outlined. As for a timeline, I have sort of a rough one mapped out in terms of big picture things, but for everything else I just tend to play it by ear and do whatever I feel makes the most sense at the time. There is always plenty to be done, and with the way I do things each step almost always ends up sort of flowing right into the next one, so there is hardly ever a time when I am unsure what the next step would be. But as for what 10 steps down the road would be, I sometimes only have a general list of possibilities in my head for that at any given time. If I wasn't the only programmer on the team I'd probly have a bit more organized system, but for just myself it tends to work fine.

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on July 10, 2011, 10:17:33 PM
Not quite sure if this was addressed, but will it be possible for the characters to fall through platforms? Not sure how to word it, but on platforms which have ground or walking areas below them will it be possible to drop down to the lower level by pressing down? I know this isn't currently implemented in version 2, but I think it'd be cool to be able to on version 3 for convenience purposes at certain areas. It'd be at certain areas like the clubhouse, the arena, the branch area in the forest, the wall, etc. I think it'd be a nice ability to have available.
Yes, way ahead of you =)

king

Q:When we log out on SOv3 while we still spawn at a checkpoint (like flag on SOv2) or stay where we were when we logged out?

Meiun

Quote from: king on July 11, 2011, 09:01:02 PM
Q:When we log out on SOv3 while we still spawn at a checkpoint (like flag on SOv2) or stay where we were when we logged out?
It will still use a form of checkpoints. I could see too many possible abuses and other potential issues otherwise, particularly with certain pvp scenarios. Not to mention it is too convenient ;)

House

are i dont know if any one has asked this or this is on topic or not but meiun are you gonna take more intrest in the ideas and seggestions after SO3 is out???