News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Quote from: House on July 12, 2011, 06:04:37 PM
are i dont know if any one has asked this or this is on topic or not but meiun are you gonna take more intrest in the ideas and seggestions after SO3 is out???
Probably. But that depends 100% on how much we actually like the ideas and suggestions that are posted there, as well as what kind of desire there is for them within the community in some cases.

House

Quote from: Meiun on July 12, 2011, 06:06:39 PM
Quote from: House on July 12, 2011, 06:04:37 PM
are i dont know if any one has asked this or this is on topic or not but meiun are you gonna take more intrest in the ideas and seggestions after SO3 is out???
Probably. But that depends 100% on how much we actually like the ideas and suggestions that are posted there, as well as what kind of desire there is for them within the community in some cases.
ok thanks for answering

Jackabomb

I took one look at the title and here is a (rough) outline of my following thoughts:

QuoteNO WAY! No, no meuin doesn't do this sort of thing. He doesn't release information, he doesn't release updates, he doesn't comment on the progress of the game, he doesn't elaborate on what he's currently working on, he doesn't give out deadlines, and he most certainly does not release sneak peeks. Therefore, this is probably a joke thread like the earlier "SO3 release date" or maybe a warning about another hoax email like the one that promised people a chance for the SO3 beta which couldn't have existed at the time. So I will not, I will not, I will not get my hopes up. What? Me? Hopeful? No. Well if there is a hoax, I should know about it. Better safe than sorry.
*Click!*
*pause*
*seizure*
OHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESSOHMYGOODNESS!
IT'S REAL!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY SUPER-AMAZING!
THANK YOU MEIUN THANK YOU!
I think this game might actually be released before I'm too old to care!!!!!

For a rough outline, that was pretty darn near accurate. I'm still psyched about it. Wow. Oh, yeah, looks great, but...wow.

Titan

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on adding ranged weapons?

I know that bows and throwing stars have been suggested many times.
Livin' in a lonely world.

CherryPie

Quote from: Titan on July 13, 2011, 12:36:07 PM

even if he is not adding ranged weapons, i'm pretty sure there will be ranged skills :o

Meiun

Quote from: CherryPie on July 13, 2011, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: Titan on July 13, 2011, 12:36:07 PM

even if he is not adding ranged weapons, i'm pretty sure there will be ranged skills :o

Quote from: Meiun on June 30, 2011, 08:38:32 PM
... but I do plan to have some projectile based weapons and attacks as well. Just more as sort of secondary means of attack in most cases.
Hopefully that answers your question somewhat.

RainbowDash

This is not related so much to game play but its something important. Will passwords be handled differently in stick online 3? And by that i mean will the user be able to change there password on there own if they feel it might be compromised. And I know this second part is way too involved but some kind of second factor authentication?

Meiun

Quote from: RainbowDash on July 13, 2011, 01:17:42 PM
This is not related so much to game play but its something important. Will passwords be handled differently in stick online 3? And by that i mean will the user be able to change there password on there own if they feel it might be compromised. And I know this second part is way too involved but some kind of second factor authentication?
I don't want to get too deep into any details on this seeing as the details are all still heavily subject to change, but the short answer is yes. Passwords should be handled much more effectively this time, and you should be able to change them if needed.

Lingus

Quote from: Meiun on July 13, 2011, 01:27:47 PM
I don't want to get too deep into any details on this seeing as the details are all still heavily subject to change, but the short answer is yes. Passwords should be handled much more effectively this time, and you should be able to change them if needed.
Link email address for authentication. Do it!

CherryPie

Quote from: Lingus on July 13, 2011, 01:42:05 PM
Quote from: Meiun on July 13, 2011, 01:27:47 PM
Link email address for authentication. Do it!

c'mon do it, do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4npR4QZp_5M

(sry, couldn't resist :x)

Scotty

Heck, if the accounts are SQL based, it wouldn't be hard to synchronize forum accounts to game accounts.  Change your password on the forums, and you change your password in the game.  Best of all, we would all already have our accounts set up for the game right off the bat if there was a batch import.

Tidus

Quote from: Scotty on July 13, 2011, 03:32:41 PM
Heck, if the accounts are SQL based, it wouldn't be hard to synchronize forum accounts to game accounts.  Change your password on the forums, and you change your password in the game.  Best of all, we would all already have our accounts set up for the game right off the bat if there was a batch import.

I'd like to see this, but instead of just creating a character it would create an account in which you log onto and can create or choose multiple characters within the account. Since many people will eventually want more than one character, if they were forced to make a new forum account in order to get a new in-game character, there would be a lot of unnecessary forum account....Just my idea :)

Scotty

Quote from: Tidus on July 13, 2011, 03:39:15 PM

I'd like to see this, but instead of just creating a character it would create an account in which you log onto and can create or choose multiple characters within the account. Since many people will eventually want more than one character, if they were forced to make a new forum account in order to get a new in-game character, there would be a lot of unnecessary forum account....Just my idea :)

I sort of viewed that as the route he was going to go with it.  One login, many accounts.  Makes more sense at least I would think.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on July 13, 2011, 04:06:14 PM
Quote from: Tidus on July 13, 2011, 03:39:15 PM

I sort of viewed that as the route he was going to go with it.  One login, many accounts.  Makes more sense at least I would think.

I would be very much in favor of this. 1 account and multiple characters per account would be convenient and hopefully discourage all the account sharing.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Crazy9090

Just looking at the pictures was eye candy. I can't wait to see more details about over the years.

The background is similar to Lingus's game.