News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR4N3

Quote from: Celson on August 04, 2011, 06:25:02 AM
I don't like the fact that you've let a stick online player into your clan because he is a friend. He's still a regular player but he's got that fancy clan title under his name. Give a child a lolly and the other kids are sure to protest.

But hey you do what you want.. It's your game. Just saying I don't like you making a distinction between Havok and other players because of your personal friendship with him.
We aren't kids anymore. I'm sure we're mature enough to understand bros come first.
Not that I wouldn't like that fancy title though but whatever <.<

Celson

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 04, 2011, 06:28:38 AM
I don't like the fact that you've let a stick online player into your clan because he is a friend. He's still a regular player but he's got that fancy clan title under his name. Give a child a lolly and the other kids are sure to protest.

But hey you do what you want.. It's your game. Just saying I don't like you making a distinction between Havok and other players because of your personal friendship with him.
We aren't kids anymore. I'm sure we're mature enough to understand bros come first.

It's purely an example. And I believe bros do not come first in this case. I'm a strong believer that every player should be treated equally. Only exception being GMs.

DR4N3

Quote from: Celson on August 04, 2011, 06:32:38 AM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 04, 2011, 06:28:38 AM

It's purely an example. And I believe bros do not come first in this case. I'm a strong believer that every player should be treated equally. Only exception being GMs.
Well, I don't really see how a fancy tittle can affect your gameplay really, it's not like he was given a GM weapon or something.
But I do understand what you mean, just because you haven't gotten to be friends with the GM's doesnt mean you should be treated diferently than any other player. But I do realize Meiun has the clear intention not to make the game unbalanced, or give any unfair adavantages to any regular SO player.

CherryPie

Please stop going off-topic. Others still want to receive relevant info about SOv3!

Scotty

Oh please.  It's his game, he can damn well do anything he likes with it.  I'm sure your opinion will be noted (and then duly disregarded).

Celson

Quote from: Scotty on August 04, 2011, 08:16:17 AM

Oh please.  It's his game, he can damn well do anything he likes with it.  I'm sure your opinion will be noted (and then duly disregarded).

Thanks for repeating what I already said. Contribution appreciated.

Scotty

Quote from: Celson on August 04, 2011, 08:21:28 AM

You're welcome.  Your shallow minded approach to sharing your opinions on how others should run their games, then contradicting yourself completely ruins any credit your opinion may have held.  "Hey, I think you need to not do that with the game you created, but I'm going to make it sound like it's OK, when I really think it's not.  I just want to plant the seed, but feel free to dig it out of the ground and piss on it, I'll just insert a generic obligatory ass covering statement that really doesn't reflect what I think, I just need that for leverage should anyone try and rebuke my potentially inflaming point that you shouldn't do that with your game."

If it's going to ruin your experience or invoke jealousy at not being given the opportunity yourself, no one's forcing you to stick around.

DR4N3

Quote from: Scotty on August 04, 2011, 09:00:49 AM

You're welcome.  Your shallow minded approach to sharing your opinions on how others should run their games, then contradicting yourself completely ruins any credit your opinion may have held.  "Hey, I think you need to not do that with the game you created, but I'm going to make it sound like it's OK, when I really think it's not.  I just want to plant the seed, but feel free to dig it out of the ground and piss on it, I'll just insert a generic obligatory ass covering statement that really doesn't reflect what I think, I just need that for leverage should anyone try and rebuke my potentially inflaming point that you shouldn't do that with your game."

If it's going to ruin your experience or invoke jealousy at not being given the opportunity yourself, no one's forcing you to stick around.
I had this incredible sensation of d?ja vu after reading this.

Celson

Quote from: Scotty on August 04, 2011, 09:00:49 AM
Quote from: Celson on August 04, 2011, 08:21:28 AM

u mad bro?

Meiun

Quote from: CherryPie on August 04, 2011, 03:15:32 AM
Have you guys started with the basic level design already. The main thing I am wondering about is, if the SOv3 areas will just be connected together after they have been created separately with the level creator tool, or if there is a huge worldmap, similiar to other 2d mmo platformers (e.g. MapleStory) thats being made first and that allows levels to be connected meaningful (maybe also with a (very basic) story)?
I personally have mainly been focusing on providing the tools and features needed to create a robust set of levels, via the level editor and whatnot. The level editor allows you to link together levels as you see fit, and allows you to place wherever you want in whatever quantity you want (could be multiple forks to take from any give level for instance). As for the actual design of the world as a whole, I've mostly just been working with a series of test levels so far, as I'm not the greatest designer in the world. I'm still planning on recruiting a level designer or two at some point, and once they join I'd imagine we would figure out all the details of exactly how the world as a whole will be designed. I just don't want to get too ahead of myself with having levels created when there are still more tilesets and background related graphics that aren't quite finished yet. The level editor allows for fairly quick level creation, so once some people are recruited I'd imagine things could move fairly swiftly.

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 04, 2011, 05:16:43 AM
Quote from: CherryPie on August 04, 2011, 03:15:32 AM
Have you guys started with the basic level design already. The main thing I am wondering about is, if the SOv3 areas will just be connected together after they have been created separately with the level creator tool, or if there is a huge worldmap, similiar to other 2d mmo platformers (e.g. MapleStory) thats being made first and that allows levels to be connected meaningful (maybe also with a (very basic) story)?
Kicking ass isn't a good enough story?

Getting back to the dungeon idea, I think it could be solved like the Barrows in Runescape. You finish it, but you can't be sure that you're getting the item you want. You might get couple other items, meaning you have to do it again. This would probably give the users that feeling of uniqueness I'm sure. Although, I'm more up for grinding if the combat system changes a little. It woud make item hunting more pleasurable imo.
That is sort of what I am hoping to have happen with the game having significantly more items in it. Each person will have a relatively good chance at getting some good gear in many scenarios, it just might not always be the exact gear they want (which is where trading will also help out).

Quote from: Meiun on August 03, 2011, 10:56:21 PM
Quote from: king on August 03, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
that EDIT makes me feel happy in side :) btw what is with havok's name...and if anyone asks "what do you meen?" well get havok to show you.
If you are referring to him being in my newly renamed clan, Seraphym, then that is because he has become a good friend (outside of just the game) with both myself, as well as a couple of the other GM's.

If Stick Online were strictly a business (or even much of a business at all), I would agree with you. But Stick Online is a personal hobby of mine, and I enjoy playing it with friends just as much as the next person. My clan has never been a GM only clan either, as there have been a few others in it since its start who are non GM friends that I know personally. To be somewhat fair, I've always had the somewhat strict standard that I would never add someone just because they became chummy with me or some other GM's within the game, as there needs to be some reason outside the realm of SO as well in order to consider adding them. Also, it's not like he is receiving any kind of unfair advantage or "free stuff," seeing as clans really do little more than help filter PVP in V2.

I do understand the frustration in the sense that clans were never fully implemented, and you guys are not able to create them for yourselves. So for that, I do apologize. Hopefully V3 will help remedy that once the time comes.

I'm a strong believer that every player should be treated equally. Only exception being GMs.
I agree, which is why I wouldn't have done it if had actually gave him any sort of genuine advantage over others.

havok

Quote from: Meiun on August 04, 2011, 12:24:19 PM
I'm a strong believer that every player should be treated equally. Only exception being GMs.
I agree, which is why I wouldn't have done it if had actually gave him any sort of genuine advantage over others.

It's a clan lol. What does it offer me truly to make a big deal out of it? isn't the point in a clan to have friends in it? or strong members(which im not lol).

Sorry to get off topic i just dont see why its a big deal all it is,is a word under my gamer name lol

DR4N3

Taking of advantage of the already off-topic topic for a while, don't mean to rush Meiun, but I already sent you an email regarding my account. I've been refreshing pages from 5 to 5 minutes for the past 6 hours, more or less.

Meiun

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 04, 2011, 12:36:59 PM
Taking of advantage of the already off-topic topic for a while, don't mean to rush Meiun, but I already sent you an email regarding my account. I've been refreshing pages from 5 to 5 minutes for the past 6 hours, more or less.
Done.

Let's all try to work our way back on to topic please.

Prosper

Quote from: havok on August 04, 2011, 12:29:22 PM
Quote from: Meiun on August 04, 2011, 12:24:19 PM

It's a clan lol. What does it offer me truly to make a big deal out of it? isn't the point in a clan to have friends in it? or strong members(which im not lol).

Sorry to get off topic i just dont see why its a big deal all it is,is a word under my gamer name lol

You can kill Seifer when he is afk !

And to make this back on topic :

V3 Official Sneak Peaks are cool. Let's keep it this way.

king

EDIT:I was off topic. sorry but to be back on topic i wanted to ask you a question "meiun" or anyother gm are we going to get something for donating? i am sure people probaly asked you that but I can't find it in the topic.