News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

I hope you stick with your drop system, Meiun, I believe you know what you're doing. Rarely did I see a complaint in V2's days of activity, nearly all of which would have been solved by the implementation of trading and skills. The donor server has simply brought into light the missing aspects of the game, and I don't believe we should remember V2 as it is but as it was when it had a future we looked forward to as a family.

I can't stand to play these MMOs that constantly throw loot in your face with slightly different stats. This concept of quality over quantity is what has kept my interest over the years, and I hope V3 continues to make obtaining items actually mean something to the player. Keep up the good work.

havok

Quote from: Lucifer on August 04, 2011, 02:48:46 PM
I can't stand to play these MMOs that constantly throw loot in your face with slightly different stats. This concept of quality over quantity is what has kept my interest over the years, and I hope V3 continues to make obtaining items actually mean something to the player. Keep up the good work.

^that right there^ is one of the things i love most about SO. thank you for saying that i couldn't word it :p

king

I hope you stick with your drop system, Meiun, I believe you know what you're doing. Rarely did I see a complaint in V2's days of activity, nearly all of which would have been solved by the implementation of trading and skills. The donor server has simply brought into light the missing aspects of the game, and I don't believe we should remember V2 as it is but as it was when it had a future we looked forward to as a family.

i almost cried when i read this  :'(.

Lucifer

To bring up something new to discuss, I noticed there isn't much information about clans other than the fact that they will exist. With the addition of your rooms system I can see a world of possibilities for clans to play a major factor in V3.

I could totally imagine rooms in the world that clans could claim and battle over, either for some kind of clan bonus or simply showing clan superiority. Rooms could also represent a huge opportunity for clan bases, perhaps even allowing the clan leader to participate in the creation of his clan room with the tools you've been discussing.

Those are just a couple ideas that have been floating around my head, if you don't mind, could you delve further into any plans you might have for clans?

Cactuscat222

If you are talking actual uniqueness to the items (as they were in v2), then yeah, totally keep with that style. That being said, I wouldn't mind a lot more items though. :P

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

king

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 04, 2011, 06:30:09 PM

If you are talking actual uniqueness to the items (as they were in v2), then yeah, totally keep with that style. That being said, I wouldn't mind a lot more items though. :P

They're going to be alot more items:different, same, wierd..ect

Zario777

I'd love to have terrible traction in the (possible) ice land in SOv3  8)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

king

Quote from: Zario777 on August 05, 2011, 01:55:08 AM
I'd love to have terrible traction in the (possible) ice land in SOv3  8)

Yeah nice idea..I was thinking maby some light blue ice blobs that if you kill them enough you spawn a snowman.  :)

Meiun

Quote from: Lucifer on August 04, 2011, 06:18:40 PM
To bring up something new to discuss, I noticed there isn't much information about clans other than the fact that they will exist. With the addition of your rooms system I can see a world of possibilities for clans to play a major factor in V3.

I could totally imagine rooms in the world that clans could claim and battle over, either for some kind of clan bonus or simply showing clan superiority. Rooms could also represent a huge opportunity for clan bases, perhaps even allowing the clan leader to participate in the creation of his clan room with the tools you've been discussing.

Those are just a couple ideas that have been floating around my head, if you don't mind, could you delve further into any plans you might have for clans?
I've got a bunch of ideas (many of them still a bit rough) that I am pretty excited about for clan related features/pvp. I don't want to go too deeply into them seeing as they are still pretty far off in terms of any sort of implementation, but all the things you mentioned there are certainly things I have thought of and considered in some form or another =)

krele

Excuse the wall of text =/

Come to think of it, have you ever thought about SO being a competitive title with guild wars, wider pvp possibilities, team deathmatches, and so on? What I loved about SO was the freedom of player killing, and the pvp system update took all the fun out of it. It used to be a really chaotic game, where you would train, train and train just to be stronger than people that used to kill you for nothing. Now it just became too peaceful, it's constant grinding for items and the PvP aspect was pretty much eradicated. Nobody mention the pvp league that has only like 2 active players. Don't know about the others, but that update really killed all the fun. I'll never forget the attitude Dragan (first player to hit the max level) showed after he lost the tournament against lvl 60 player. A real whiny b*t*h he was, and that's what made us all continue to fight our best at the tournament. 4th chaos tournament was without a doubt the turning point for SO towards becoming a really popular game. A server hosted at your home was barely alive, holding 100+ players at the time, and during it we fought our hearts out because the game was truly competitive, you could almost feel it behind the monitors haha. It was a true game destined to be a PvP based.

So to sum it up, I think you should consider bringing the old chaotic PvP system. I have no doubts that you're currently really focused about what's best for future of SO and that you already considered many options. I know the decision can't be brought up by considering only one person's preference, but let's face the facts, SO went downhill from the moment that update was added. That of course isn't the main reason, but it is a contributing factor. For all the faggotry that I should expect from some people here, please read carefully that this is only my own opinion.

Meiun

Quote from: krele on August 05, 2011, 03:23:59 PM

Come to think of it, have you ever thought about SO being a competitive title with guild wars, wider pvp possibilities, team deathmatches, and so on? What I loved about SO was the freedom of player killing, and the pvp system update took all the fun out of it. It used to be a really chaotic game, where you would train, train and train just to be stronger than people that used to kill you for nothing. Now it just became too peaceful, it's constant grinding for items and the PvP aspect was pretty much eradicated. Nobody mention the pvp league that has only like 2 active players. Don't know about the others, but that update really killed all the fun. I'll never forget the attitude Dragan (first player to hit the max level) showed after he lost the tournament against lvl 60 player. A real whiny b*t*h he was, and that's what made us all continue to fight our best at the tournament. 4th chaos tournament was without a doubt the turning point for SO towards becoming a really popular game. A server hosted at your home was barely alive, holding 100+ players at the time, and during it we fought our hearts out because the game was truly competitive, you could almost feel it behind the monitors haha. It was a true game destined to be a PvP based.

So to sum it up, I think you should consider bringing the old chaotic PvP system. I have no doubts that you're currently really focused about what's best for future of SO and that you already considered many options. I know the decision can't be brought up by considering only one person's preference, but let's face the facts, SO went downhill from the moment that update was added. That of course isn't the main reason, but it is a contributing factor. For all the faggotry that I should expect from some people here, please read carefully that this is only my own opinion.
In short, I agree. I was always a pretty big fan of the chaotic PvP nature of the game right from the start, and that really was an intended component of the game. The only real reason it was removed was in preparation for the clan update, which would still allow for fairly free pvp, but do so with a bit more organization. It was really only due to the unexpected loss of that work that caused things to remain in a non-pvp based lull. I suppose I could update V2 back to the old mechanics, but at this point I'm much more concerned with juts progressing with V3.

PvP is and always will remain a key component in SO to me. That being said, I definitely do plan on bringing back the somewhat chaotic PvP oriented gameplay to V3. To start, I fully intend to include the clan based pvp system I had originally come up with for V2. Essentially, anyone in a clan can attack anyone in another clan without their consent (and otherwise, you both must have PvP on). There should eventually be much more to it than just this, as partially indicated in my last post here about PvP, but that is what I currently have planned as the starting point.

Scotty

Quote from: Meiun on August 05, 2011, 03:55:21 PM

In short, I agree. I was always a pretty big fan of the chaotic PvP nature of the game right from the start, and that really was an intended component of the game. The only real reason it was removed was in preparation for the clan update, which would still allow for fairly free pvp, but do so with a bit more organization. It was really only due to the unexpected loss of that work that caused things to remain in a non-pvp based lull. I suppose I could update V2 back to the old mechanics, but at this point I'm much more concerned with juts progressing with V3.

PvP is and always will remain a key component in SO to me. That being said, I definitely do plan on bringing back the somewhat chaotic PvP oriented gameplay to V3. To start, I fully intend to include the clan based pvp system I had originally come up with for V2. Essentially, anyone in a clan can attack anyone in another clan without their consent (and otherwise, you both must have PvP on). There should eventually be much more to it than just this, as partially indicated in my last post here about PvP, but that is what I currently have planned as the starting point.

Speaking of "unexpected loss of that work", have you considered off-site revision backups for the v3 server and client?  Might prove the best part! ;D

Meiun

Quote from: Scotty on August 05, 2011, 08:24:35 PM

Speaking of "unexpected loss of that work", have you considered off-site revision backups for the v3 server and client?  Might prove the best part! ;D
Ever since that happened I made sure to get a solid (off-site) backup system going for all my code and important files. Funny thing is, when I did lose all that work, I had it all safely stored on 3 different devices in-case such a thing happened, I just never assumed that I'd get robbed and have all 3 of those taken at once X_X

darkflash

Meiun will you please update SOv2 to the old pvp system thanks.

Titan

I can't remember if this has been posted, but here it goes.

SO3 sounds a lot more in depth than SO2, will you be adding some sort of tutorial when players first start the game?
Livin' in a lonely world.