News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Quote from: Titan on August 05, 2011, 09:05:55 PM
I can't remember if this has been posted, but here it goes.

SO3 sounds a lot more in depth than SO2, will you be adding some sort of tutorial when players first start the game?
Maybe? No idea yet really. Certainly could be a nice addition, but I'm much more concerned right now with actually implementing all of these new in depth features them teaching people how to use them :P There should be a good bit more depth to the game, but it still shouldn't be overwhelmingly complicated. Although Venuse did come up with a fairly cool idea for how players could be taught stuff a while back, so we will see.

Titan

Quote from: Meiun on August 05, 2011, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: Titan on August 05, 2011, 09:05:55 PM
I can't remember if this has been posted, but here it goes.

SO3 sounds a lot more in depth than SO2, will you be adding some sort of tutorial when players first start the game?
Maybe? No idea yet really. Certainly could be a nice addition, but I'm much more concerned right now with actually implementing all of these new in depth features them teaching people how to use them :P There should be a good bit more depth to the game, but it still shouldn't be overwhelmingly complicated. Although Venuse did come up with a fairly cool idea for how players could be taught stuff a while back, so we will see.

:0 Sounds promising, thanks for the answer.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Freeforall

I think it's time for some new screenshots.

Just kidding. But Meiun, would you say that it would be atleast half-way done by this Christmas?
Sorry for asking about this, I know you don't like these kind of questions, but I'm just
a little curious.

havok

Quote from: Freeforall on August 05, 2011, 10:45:55 PM

Just kidding. But Meiun, would you say that it would be atleast half-way done by this Christmas?
Sorry for asking about this, I know you don't like these kind of questions, but I'm just
a little curious.

I will answer that for you.

SO is a hobby of his not a job, what time he puts in is for fun. But with that said. It all depends how much work he puts into it between now and xmas :p

that's the short sum of what he is about to post.

Freeforall

Quote from: havok on August 05, 2011, 11:43:51 PM

a little curious.

SO is a hobby of his not a job, what time he puts in is for fun. But with that said. It all depends how much work he puts into it between now and xmas :p

Oh, alright, I'm sorry.

darkflash

He said it would most likely be done this year. But he can't promise anything.

Meiun

Quote from: darkflash on August 06, 2011, 12:38:44 AM
He said it would most likely be done this year. But he can't promise anything.
I did? I may have said something in regards to my hopes for V3 and things happening with it this year, but I doubt I said that it would "most likely be done" this year. I'm not saying it's totally out of the realm of possibility, but I certainly wouldn't count on it either. If I were to end up being able to spend significant amounts of time on it fairly frequently between now and then I'd say it could be possible to have it reach some sort of alpha/beta by then, but seeing as I am going to need to be starting with a real job in the near future, that might end up being more difficult than I would like.

@Freeforall, Havok pretty much answered the question for me.

darkflash

Maybe not most likely but something along the lines :P like hopefully or possibly whatever the case I have hope :P.

Josh

Short question, those who where banned in SOv2, will they be given another chance in v3? Unbanned?

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Josh on August 06, 2011, 05:20:18 AM
Short question, those who where banned in SOv2, will they be given another chance in v3? Unbanned?

My guess is that it depends on the reason they were banned, if someone was banned a couple of years ago for something, then since then, the person may have matured more or gotten to a point where they aren't stupid enough to get themselves banned, being that the case Meiun may let them back in, however, if someone was banned for a significantly bad offence (Of which only Meiun can decide) then I would guess there is a chance they would stay banned. However it's Meiun's decision, he may decide to give everyone a second chance, my opinion is that only people with really bad offences will stay banned, but we'll see what happens.

king

Quote from: Matty_Richo on August 06, 2011, 07:30:54 AM

My guess is that it depends on the reason they were banned, if someone was banned a couple of years ago for something, then since then, the person may have matured more or gotten to a point where they aren't stupid enough to get themselves banned, being that the case Meiun may let them back in, however, if someone was banned for a significantly bad offence (Of which only Meiun can decide) then I would guess there is a chance they would stay banned. However it's Meiun's decision, he may decide to give everyone a second chance, my opinion is that only people with really bad offences will stay banned, but we'll see what happens.
True. This is my word not Meiun's (he might think of something else). I would let them play but keep an eye on them because ^ he said is right, they might have matured. But this is meiun's decision.

havok

Quote from: Freeforall on August 06, 2011, 12:05:21 AM

a little curious.

Oh, alright, I'm sorry.

there is no need to be sorry i know you are ready for it. We all are crazy ready for it :p

king

Quote from: havok on August 06, 2011, 03:04:27 PM
Quote from: Freeforall on August 06, 2011, 12:05:21 AM

a little curious.

Oh, alright, I'm sorry.

there is no need to be sorry i know you are ready for it. We all are crazy ready for it :p

im crazy ready for it too but everyone is going to have to wait ;)

havok

Quote from: Matty_Richo on August 06, 2011, 07:30:54 AM

he basically said it all^^^
But yes i do think everyone should have a 2nd chance.UNLESS they !@#$ed up really bad. However i do think some of them might have grown up a little bit, but then some will all ways be the same. With that said it's kinda hard to hand pick them out lol it could go ether way however the bad offenses should get to and the once that have all ready had more then one shot at it.

king

ok kinda to ask meiun a question: Are u going to make a SOv3 video for the next sneak peek? I think that would be a good idea or do what u did last time. :) What ever you want to do.