News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 07, 2011, 11:05:28 AM
Quote from: sayers6 on August 07, 2011, 09:23:34 AM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 07, 2011, 05:53:40 AM
Quote from: Forum on August 06, 2011, 07:42:08 PM
Guys its probably gonna come in 2 yrs
If V2 stays up for those 2 years, I can wait.
That's what I thought.....years later....I'm a forum scanner now. I used to be a fairly active member, and I was somewhat known, now I don't even think people recognize me :/
I remember you. If that counts for anything.
I still have too much to do in V2 to be looking forward to V3.
There's still anything to do in V2?

JK, but seriously why are you guys always off-topic..

DR4N3

Quote from: CherryPie on August 07, 2011, 11:26:53 AM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 07, 2011, 11:05:28 AM
Quote from: sayers6 on August 07, 2011, 09:23:34 AM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 07, 2011, 05:53:40 AM
Quote from: Forum on August 06, 2011, 07:42:08 PM
Guys its probably gonna come in 2 yrs
If V2 stays up for those 2 years, I can wait.
That's what I thought.....years later....I'm a forum scanner now. I used to be a fairly active member, and I was somewhat known, now I don't even think people recognize me :/
I remember you. If that counts for anything.
I still have too much to do in V2 to be looking forward to V3.
There's still anything to do in V2?

JK, but seriously why are you guys always off-topic..
Rule 25 of the internet: Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.
Its not intentional really, it's human nature.

Now, get back to topic FAST!

king

Freeforall

I still hope we have this feature:

CTRL+Down Arrow let's drop down from a platform. Anyone else?

havok

Quote from: Freeforall on August 07, 2011, 12:46:26 PM

i think meiun said something about that if you look in past post i could be wrong tho

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: havok on August 07, 2011, 12:54:24 PM
Quote from: Freeforall on August 07, 2011, 12:46:26 PM

i think meiun said something about that if you look in past post i could be wrong tho

I had mentioned it to him around a month ago in this thread. He said he was already planning to do so, or he had already figured out it'd be the best way for the platforms.

krele

Quote from: Meiun on August 05, 2011, 08:54:32 PM
Quote from: Scotty on August 05, 2011, 08:24:35 PM
Quote from: Meiun on August 05, 2011, 03:55:21 PM
Quote from: krele on August 05, 2011, 03:23:59 PM
Excuse the wall of text =/

Come to think of it, have you ever thought about SO being a competitive title with guild wars, wider pvp possibilities, team deathmatches, and so on? What I loved about SO was the freedom of player killing, and the pvp system update took all the fun out of it. It used to be a really chaotic game, where you would train, train and train just to be stronger than people that used to kill you for nothing. Now it just became too peaceful, it's constant grinding for items and the PvP aspect was pretty much eradicated. Nobody mention the pvp league that has only like 2 active players. Don't know about the others, but that update really killed all the fun. I'll never forget the attitude Dragan (first player to hit the max level) showed after he lost the tournament against lvl 60 player. A real whiny b*t*h he was, and that's what made us all continue to fight our best at the tournament. 4th chaos tournament was without a doubt the turning point for SO towards becoming a really popular game. A server hosted at your home was barely alive, holding 100+ players at the time, and during it we fought our hearts out because the game was truly competitive, you could almost feel it behind the monitors haha. It was a true game destined to be a PvP based.

So to sum it up, I think you should consider bringing the old chaotic PvP system. I have no doubts that you're currently really focused about what's best for future of SO and that you already considered many options. I know the decision can't be brought up by considering only one person's preference, but let's face the facts, SO went downhill from the moment that update was added. That of course isn't the main reason, but it is a contributing factor. For all the faggotry that I should expect from some people here, please read carefully that this is only my own opinion.
In short, I agree. I was always a pretty big fan of the chaotic PvP nature of the game right from the start, and that really was an intended component of the game. The only real reason it was removed was in preparation for the clan update, which would still allow for fairly free pvp, but do so with a bit more organization. It was really only due to the unexpected loss of that work that caused things to remain in a non-pvp based lull. I suppose I could update V2 back to the old mechanics, but at this point I'm much more concerned with juts progressing with V3.

PvP is and always will remain a key component in SO to me. That being said, I definitely do plan on bringing back the somewhat chaotic PvP oriented gameplay to V3. To start, I fully intend to include the clan based pvp system I had originally come up with for V2. Essentially, anyone in a clan can attack anyone in another clan without their consent (and otherwise, you both must have PvP on). There should eventually be much more to it than just this, as partially indicated in my last post here about PvP, but that is what I currently have planned as the starting point.

Speaking of "unexpected loss of that work", have you considered off-site revision backups for the v3 server and client?  Might prove the best part! ;D
Ever since that happened I made sure to get a solid (off-site) backup system going for all my code and important files. Funny thing is, when I did lose all that work, I had it all safely stored on 3 different devices in-case such a thing happened, I just never assumed that I'd get robbed and have all 3 of those taken at once X_X
It must be destiny. The new clan PeeVeePee system is evil, I'm telling you! ?_?

king

ok Q:When SOv3 comes out and we make accounts, most likely people will start charing accounts. Then they would want to keep the account safe. Will there be a password/character name changer? Maby not character changer..that would be kinda stupid.

sly 3 4 me

Meiun had mentioned a system which would allow connection between the game and the site, which would allow changing of the player account passwords. I think it will work nice, unless the person using your account tries to change the password on you, then it might become ugly. There will probably be a recovery question to use for these cases or something, perhaps a way to only have the new password sent to your email, and then having the ability to change it from there. This would probably be the best bet, a system which utilizes an email address too.

king

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on August 07, 2011, 05:09:57 PM
Meiun had mentioned a system which would allow connection between the game and the site, which would allow changing of the player account passwords. I think it will work nice, unless the person using your account tries to change the password on you. :o
Yeah that would kinda suck lol :) thanks

Matty_Richo

Quote from: king on August 07, 2011, 04:23:35 PM
ok Q:When SOv3 comes out and we make accounts, most likely people will start charing accounts. Then they would want to keep the account safe. Will there be a password/character name changer? Maby not character changer..that would be kinda stupid.

Easiest way, don't share accounts, it has been stated multiple times that this game does not encourage nor support sharing accounts, however, if for whatever reason you feel so incredibly compelled to throw your account around, only give it to those you know you can trust, and then suffer the consequences if it goes pear shaped.

Gho$t

Quote from: Matty_Richo on August 08, 2011, 07:39:59 AM

Easiest way, don't share accounts, it has been stated multiple times that this game does not encourage nor support sharing accounts, however, if for whatever reason you feel so incredibly compelled to throw your account around, only give it to those you know you can trust, and then suffer the consequences if it goes pear shaped.

Lol'd

I have to agree though I am a strong believer in hard work when it comes to life and games. I don't thing sharing accounts is the smartest thing to do especially with so many people in this day and age just looking out for themselves....

king

Quote from: Gho$t on August 08, 2011, 09:24:07 AM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on August 08, 2011, 07:39:59 AM

Lol'd

I have to agree though I am a strong believer in hard work when it comes to life and games. I don't thing sharing accounts is the smartest thing to do especially with so many people in this day and age just looking out for themselves....

yeah im not going to be sharing my account"s".

EpicPhailure

In another game, I remember a system where you could set someone's character name in a special box, and they could use your character name and their password to log in. But I don't think we should be sharing accounts anyway.

CherryPie

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 08, 2011, 12:34:49 PM
In another game, I remember a system where you could set someone's character name in a special box, and they could use your character name and their password to log in. But I don't think we should be sharing accounts anyway.

The basic idea is much simpler. The main problem with account sharing is, that someone could delete/sell your drops. Solution would be: Create 2 passwords, a private one for only yourself where you can lock/unlock your items to sell/trade them and a second one for read-only mode, where the locked items can not be sold.

Even though this is a very easy to implement idea, I don't think Meiun likes it - neither do I, actually. Hackers could always find a way to abuse that, even when most item-handler-logic is outsourced in the server and account sharing with someone else but your best friend is not a good idea in general.

Let's get back on topic: Meiun, when will you be sharing an example screenshot of a full scene(all of the mentioned gfx layers included)?