News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krele

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 15, 2011, 06:36:03 AM
Quote from: krele on August 13, 2011, 10:25:58 AM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 13, 2011, 06:17:30 AM
Has a pet system been discussed yet? I'd love to have a partner to fight along side me or to buff/heal me. A pet who would LITERALLY grow has he leveled up. Just throwin' some stuff out there.
Jesus I'm so against pets like that. Being all useless, just standing there pumping you with invisible steroids, not giving a !@#$ about fights and helping you out. Just no, if the pet doesn't fight alongside, screw it.
Yea, maybe one that fights AND pumps you with invisible steroids would be much better. Meiun, anything to say about this?
No steroids, keep it real. MMO's have it because of lazy coders, since it's easy to program while still being cool and attractive feature to kids...

Scotty

If I get a pet dog, it had better piss on everything that resembles a tree or fire hydrant (although trousers are accepted in moderated doses), and I want it to hump Luci's leg on command.
If I get a putty-tat, I want it to chase laser pointers and roll out yarn while remaining relatively useless until it attempts an assassination on a GM, at which point I will let the lack of sympathy/apathy play out and see what comes from it.
If I get a polar bear, I want to be able to ride it.
If I get a Unicorn, it had better shit skittles at the snap of a finger.
If I get a Krele, I wanna see him bitch-slap every immature turd while simultaneously putting on a razzle-dazzling display of Parkour.

Gho$t

Quote from: krele on August 15, 2011, 11:44:02 PM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 15, 2011, 06:36:03 AM
Quote from: krele on August 13, 2011, 10:25:58 AM
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 13, 2011, 06:17:30 AM
Has a pet system been discussed yet? I'd love to have a partner to fight along side me or to buff/heal me. A pet who would LITERALLY grow has he leveled up. Just throwin' some stuff out there.
Jesus I'm so against pets like that. Being all useless, just standing there pumping you with invisible steroids, not giving a !@#$ about fights and helping you out. Just no, if the pet doesn't fight alongside, screw it.
Yea, maybe one that fights AND pumps you with invisible steroids would be much better. Meiun, anything to say about this?
No steroids, keep it real. MMO's have it because of lazy coders, since it's easy to program while still being cool and attractive feature to kids...

I wouldn't mind a temporary stat boost here or there or maybe a heal/stamina regen at times. But I don't think it should be the main idea behind the pets. I feel they mostly need to be combat oriented.

Lingus

I want a pigeon that will pick up coins and items for me. Would also be nice if I could click on people and have it swoop down and peck them for like 2 damage. Now that's the ultimate pet.

Lucifer

Whatever the pet, I want it to hop on top of my head when I idle while sitting.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lucifer on August 16, 2011, 03:58:47 PM
Whatever the pet, I want it to hop on top of my head when I idle while sitting.

>elephant pet

ouch

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on August 16, 2011, 03:57:11 PM
I want a pigeon that will pick up coins and items for me. Would also be nice if I could click on people and have it swoop down and peck them for like 2 damage. Now that's the ultimate pet.

You're missing the best part!  For the taunt, have it circle overhead while dropping a downpour of poo on the victim!

Meiun

Quote from: Scotty on August 16, 2011, 04:25:45 PM

You're missing the best part!  For the taunt, have it circle overhead while dropping a downpour of poo on the victim!
All of those things both you and Lingus mentioned are certainly very reasonable possibilities. All of those are useful/fun things, but wouldn't take away from the skill of playing or throw off any balance as I was mentioning earlier haha. There may very well end up being some pets that actually do a lote more than that in terms of combat assistance, but like I said, I will have to see.

krele

Even if pets would be useless in combat I would still buy them just for this.

Mystery

I'd like it if you could have the ability to obtain aesthetic partners(not just pets) that are usable just for the sake of being awesome(as mentioned above).

I.E., a shadow of yourself that followed you around and copied your actions, appearing the same except in a darker/purplish tint or something. It would have about a second's delay between your own actions and its actions, but it wouldn't be able to actually affect anything or die(unless you died). It would disappear into the player when idle. Not sure if that would be viable on the server, though.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Hikarikuen

Quote from: Meiun on August 16, 2011, 05:04:35 PM

All of those things both you and Lingus mentioned are certainly very reasonable possibilities. All of those are useful/fun things, but wouldn't take away from the skill of playing or throw off any balance as I was mentioning earlier haha. There may very well end up being some pets that actually do a lote more than that in terms of combat assistance, but like I said, I will have to see.

Do what Lingus and Scotty said, then duplicate it about 300 times and make them explode into a bunch of feathers the moment they touch anything. Jake has experience with programming things like that, so you can ask him for help.

I wonder if I still have my copy of A.C.E. around, now I want to play that...

stick d00d

Quotehave it circle overhead while dropping a downpour of poo on the victim!

Yes, and the poo must be visible on the other character, and doesn't disappear for a couple minutes.
The attack is called 'poo shower'

Dragx_Rage

I want a pet moth called Brian, that is all.

Edit: And cake, I like cake.

Gho$t

I want a giant pet bat.... that causes blood to engulf opponents dealing around 10-20 dmg depending on my stats/pets level?

krele

I want a bulimic woman pet which I wouldn't have to feed. I would also name her "Fatina". Ar'n't I the best pet tamer eva?