News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery

Quote from: Hambone on August 20, 2011, 02:23:42 PM
I actually had it saved... Here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks, Ham. That Rasta Hat looks nice.

Getting rid of the template head and shade, this is what it looks like.

It looks more like a hat I would expect to see in v2, but I digress.

I'm all for Hambone having this in v3 if Meiun or the other GMs would allow it. It wouldn't be the first time a prize carried over into another version of SO.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Gho$t

the hat looks pretty nice, Ciro does some amazing work. Wouldn't mind seeing it in v3, eventually as an obtainable item.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Hambone on August 20, 2011, 02:23:42 PM
I actually had it saved... Here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Shouldn't Fatso technically get the hat since you won it on him :P
But yeah, I see no issue with it, but I won't be surprised if it's not put in, or possibly it'll be put in for aesthetic purposes only.

Gho$t

Meiun, you mention the ability to trade in v3, I was wondering if you could give a little information on it. Such as are there any limitations on what can be traded and to whom/by whom. Do players need to be close to the same level? A few things like that. I would greatly appreciate the info and I am sure others would appreciate the insight as well.

Meiun

Quote from: Gho$t on August 22, 2011, 04:39:38 PM
Meiun, you mention the ability to trade in v3, I was wondering if you could give a little information on it. Such as are there any limitations on what can be traded and to whom/by whom. Do players need to be close to the same level? A few things like that. I would greatly appreciate the info and I am sure others would appreciate the insight as well.
Trading at first will most likely just be a simple way to drop items for others to pick up. Obviously there are some risks at doing safe trades with this, so I will almost certainly add in a more full featured trading method soon after. Trading wouldn't be restricted by level, but there may end up being some untradeable items. I also have a few potential ideas for some other forms of selling/trading items for those players who really want to player the role of merchant. However, I do not plan on doing any form of your traditional automated market/auction house, as I feel that does too much of the work for you as well as making the whole economy and trading process way to non-personable and stale.

Gho$t

Quote from: Meiun on August 22, 2011, 04:49:03 PM
Trading at first will most likely just be a simple way to drop items for others to pick up. Obviously there are some risks at doing safe trades with this, so I will almost certainly add in a more full featured trading method soon after. Trading wouldn't be restricted by level, but there may end up being some untradeable items. I also have a few potential ideas for some other forms of selling/trading items for those players who really want to player the role of merchant. However, I do not plan on doing any form of your traditional automated market/auction house, as I feel that does too much of the work for you as well as making the whole economy and trading process way to non-personable and stale.

Thanks a lot for clarifying :) Im a little weary on the drop trading method but you state it will probably be temporary until a more stable method is implemented so thats fine. I have to agree on the auction house deal simply because it can take forever sometimes and I don't think it would be worth the time to code it honestly. I feel merchanting will be a far more effective manor as you stated. Thumbs up :)

Hikarikuen

Allowing players to drop items means there will be server-side drops - are standard drops still just going to be client-side?

krele

Quote from: Hikarikuen on August 23, 2011, 10:39:19 AM

Allowing players to drop items means there will be server-side drops - are standard drops still just going to be client-side?
Can you imagine every drop being accessible to anyone? AGI = win

Meiun

Nothing of that nature will be performed on the client side. Even if I were to have the same drop system that the game currently uses, it would still all be done on the server end. The new drop system should allow everyone to see all the same items dropped, but each item will initially be locked so that it can only be picked up by the person it is dropped for (which will be determined in a similar manner to how it is for individual clients getting their drops in V2).

Lucifer

Oh that... that's ultimate cruelty.

"OMFG, INFERNO SWORD!"
*screenshots*
*runs to pick it up*
"This item belongs to Danimal"

*CRY TEARS OF BLOOD*

igufed

Quote from: Lucifer on August 23, 2011, 01:06:45 PM

"OMFG, INFERNO SWORD!"
*screenshots*
*runs to pick it up*

*CRY TEARS OF BLOOD*

Heh, exactly..  Would drops that are for other people have a bit of transparency or anything to distinguish them from your own drops?  If not, that would just be cruel.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

CherryPie

Quote from: Meiun on August 23, 2011, 12:42:08 PM

Nothing of that nature will be performed on the client side. Even if I were to have the same drop system that the game currently uses, it would still all be done on the server end. The new drop system should allow everyone to see all the same items dropped, but each item will initially be locked so that it can only be picked up by the person it is dropped for (which will be determined in a similar manner to how it is for individual clients getting their drops in V2).
Stick Online has just become as much Maplestory-like as possible. :x

edit: what happens when the player that the item has been dedicated to, disconnects? Will the item be obtainable by everyone (first one gets it) or will it just disappear. And will these items automatically disappears after a while when they aren't picked up, because the "owner" is afk? could be pretty ugly if you have 10 drops lying in front of you can't pick them up.. I think you should be able to pick up someone elses items if he/she is stupid enough to go afk after hitting a boss monster..

Meiun

Quote from: igufed on August 23, 2011, 01:42:23 PM

"OMFG, INFERNO SWORD!"
*screenshots*
*runs to pick it up*

*CRY TEARS OF BLOOD*

Heh, exactly..  Would drops that are for other people have a bit of transparency or anything to distinguish them from your own drops?  If not, that would just be cruel.

"OMFG, INFERNO SWORD!"
*screenshots*
*runs to pick it up*

*CRY TEARS OF BLOOD*

They will be distinguishable between a drop that isn't for you. Your idea is actually possibly better than the way I was planning on, so thanks!

@CherryPie after a certain amount of time, if the person doesn't pick it up, it would become available to other people.

darkflash

*hits SG* *goes afk* someone gets your LSB.! xD

Gho$t

Quote from: Meiun on August 23, 2011, 07:42:12 PM

"OMFG, INFERNO SWORD!"
*screenshots*
*runs to pick it up*

*CRY TEARS OF BLOOD*

"OMFG, INFERNO SWORD!"
*screenshots*
*runs to pick it up*

*CRY TEARS OF BLOOD*

They will be distinguishable between a drop that isn't for you. Your idea is actually possibly better than the way I was planning on, so thanks!

@CherryPie after a certain amount of time, if the person doesn't pick it up, it would become available to other people.

<3 Teach you afker's a lesson :P