News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkflash

buffi

He's not afk for bosses, he's afk between bosses.

darkflash

oh Yaaaa He just lets other people spawn shit for him then get goes in and kills them I forgot :/

Forum

So we will able to see other peoples items but not pick them up unless certain amount of time. Lol :P
Officially quitted

Meiun

Quote from: Forum on August 23, 2011, 11:14:34 PM
So we will able to see other peoples items but not pick them up unless certain amount of time. Lol :P
This is a bit more info than I was originally planning on giving regarding drops. But what I will most likely end up doing is have it so that if it drops for you (assuming you have adequate inventory space, and are close enough) you will just automatically acquire it, but most likely do so in a way that lets others near you see what you got. If you are for whatever reason unable to acquire it right when it drops for you, it will go on the floor where everyone can see it, but with a set amount of time in which you are the only one able to pick it up. If that time expires and you still haven't picked it up, first person to try will get it.

This is subject to change of course, but that's the current plan.

darkflash

Quote from: Meiun on August 23, 2011, 11:18:55 PM
This is a bit more info than I was originally planning on giving regarding drops. But what I will most likely end up doing is have it so that if it drops for you (assuming you have adequate inventory space, and are close enough) you will just automatically acquire it, but most likely do so in a way that lets others near you see what you got. If you are for whatever reason unable to acquire it right when it drops for you, it will go on the floor where everyone can see it, but with a set amount of time in which you are the only one able to pick it up. If that time expires and you still haven't picked it up, first person to try will get it.

So lets say you hit it and you like die would the drop like be on the ground for ur hits? or you hit and get too far away would ur drop be availible for others just wondering.
So if you lose ur hits on a monster will your drop like still be availible for others?

Meiun

Quote from: darkflash on August 23, 2011, 11:31:10 PM

So lets say you hit it and you like die would the drop like be on the ground for ur hits? or you hit and get too far away would ur drop be availible for others just wondering.
So if you lose ur hits on a monster will your drop like still be availible for others?
If you "lose your hits" you would essentially then be taken out of the running for the drop.

darkflash

Oh ok so no one would get your drop you earned? Hmm I dont understand so its kinda like theres only guna be like 1 drop per monster if that?

Gho$t

Something else I am a bit curious about is you mentioned traits, can you tell us what kind of traits you had in mind and what they do or may do and how they do or may impact game play? And I of course fully understand if you can not reveal this information to us at this time I as stated am just curious on how the new mechanics may play out.

CherryPie

Quote from: Meiun on August 23, 2011, 11:47:44 PM
Quote from: darkflash on August 23, 2011, 11:31:10 PM

If you "lose your hits" you would essentially then be taken out of the running for the drop.

I think he wasn't referring to loosing hits while fighting the monster but after it died.

Example:
Player A & Player B both hit Monster X.
Monster X drops a Sword for Player A, but Player A dies while trying to get it.

Question 1: Will Player B be able to obtain the item directly after Player A died or will he still have to wait till that "amount of time" is over?
Question 2: Will Player A after respawning still see the item on the ground, if Player B didn't pick it up and will still be able to get it?

Hambone

So does this mean if you get a drop someone can try to kill you in pvp to steal it?

Lucifer

Try to stray as much as you can away from the details guys, the what is all that's important for now, the how and why are variables subject to change.

Lingus

I think that drop system sounds pretty cool actually. I like the fact that it would automatically go to your inventory. Kind of has a feel of an old school RPG (Which is a good thing.)

Hikarikuen

Quote from: Lingus on August 24, 2011, 08:05:16 PM
I think that drop system sounds pretty cool actually. I like the fact that it would automatically go to your inventory. Kind of has a feel of an old school RPG (Which is a good thing.)

Yep, that answered my question and then some. And for the record, yeah, I didn't mean drops would be entirely client-side, that would just be asking for trouble.

DR4N3

Battle system question:
Are we still only gonna be entitled to one hit per weapon, or are there gonna be combos? I would love to do some jugglin' with my enemies.