News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king

IDEA/Q:I was thinking maby different colors of weapons..if that hasnt been thought of or added yet it would be a good idea.I made these in 30minutes and they still do the same thing as normal gs maby different name and color but does the same. :) The Q is has it been added already?

Prosper

Will an early version of the Map editor be released to at least select people who are eager to create areas to populate the first release of V3 ?

I for one would really like to work on making new areas.

Mystery

Quote from: Prosper on August 28, 2011, 03:46:11 PM
Will an early version of the Map editor be released to at least select people who are eager to create areas to populate the first release of V3 ?

I'd be quite interested in something of the sort, too, but I'm positive that Meiun will only allow access to some people he hand-picks and/or already knows well in addition to Seifer and Danimal.

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 27, 2011, 07:10:18 AM
Battle system question:
Are we still only gonna be entitled to one hit per weapon, or are there gonna be combos? I would love to do some jugglin' with my enemies.

Multiple attack per weapon/weapon combos are definitely something I'd expect to see in v3. At least, I HOPE to see.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Meiun

The map editor has already been available to a select group of individuals for a while. More for testing, messing around with, and for giving me feedback on than for actual final-product level development though. Once I get around to finding some actual designated level designers then I will make it available to them as well. I have no plans on making it available to the general public though.

Battle system question:
Are we still only gonna be entitled to one hit per weapon, or are there gonna be combos? I would love to do some jugglin' with my enemies.
As i've stated before, the combat system will indeed be more advanced, but more info on that later. The changes are not just as simple as adding in combo's though.

Quote from: king on August 27, 2011, 01:22:22 PM
IDEA/Q:I was thinking maby different colors of weapons..if that hasnt been thought of or added yet it would be a good idea.I made these in 30minutes and they still do the same thing as normal gs maby different name and color but does the same. :) The Q is has it been added already?
As I was discussing a while ago, we always try to make most of the weapons unique in style and mechanics (at least to some extent). I feel like this would be going against that a bit and perhaps spoiling the original styling of the weapons. I appreciate the thought though :)

king

Quote from: Meiun on August 28, 2011, 09:59:13 PM

The map editor has already been available to a select group of individuals for a while. More for testing, messing around with, and for giving me feedback on than for actual final-product level development though. Once I get around to finding some actual designated level designers then I will make it available to them as well. I have no plans on making it available to the general public though.

Battle system question:
As i've stated before, the combat system will indeed be more advanced, but more info on that later. The changes are not just as simple as adding in combo's though.

Quote from: king on August 27, 2011, 01:22:22 PM
As I was discussing a while ago, we always try to make most of the weapons unique in style and mechanics (at least to some extent). I feel like this would be going against that a bit and perhaps spoiling the original styling of the weapons. I appreciate the thought though :)
Know promblem! Thanks for answereing me too. :)

TE4L

Mystery

Quote from: TE4L on September 14, 2011, 10:33:25 AM
OMG ?O? nice Graphics ^^
Wait, are you really promoting yourself as the creator of that game? REALLY?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, look at this topic:

http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=1820.0

Then look at the website in his sig and some of the things ripped DIRECTLY from Stick Online.

I'm sorry, but that was WAY too obvious to be let go.

Prosper

Lol T34L just changed his description to "Criminal" after you posted that because in fact he had "World of slayer - Creator" written instead of "Criminal". Smells like a potential ban ... but anyways It shouldn't really be dealt with in this topic/forum.

Mystery

Quote from: Prosper on September 14, 2011, 05:50:06 PM
Lol T34L just changed his description to "Criminal" after you posted that because in fact he had "World of slayer - Creator" written instead of "Criminal". Smells like a potential ban ... but anyways It shouldn't really be dealt with in this topic/forum.
Well, I'm sure Meiun will be able to check his action history and still see what he did anyway. I just thought that was profoundly stupid. He also had a sig that said "World of Slayer- FREE MMORPG" and a link to the main site of his game. Unfortunately for him, I still remember the URL of his link.

[link removed]

But yeah, I'm getting back on-topic now.

Meiun, do you have an idea of how the progression to and from 'levels' will work, and at what time/how we access them? I could see this system being very flexible in terms of clan areas, 'secret' areas, and heck, maybe even an actual 'Jesusland' (mod-only area).

Meiun

Quote from: Mystery on September 14, 2011, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: Prosper on September 14, 2011, 05:50:06 PM
Well, I'm sure Meiun will be able to check his action history and still see what he did anyway. I just thought that was profoundly stupid. He also had a sig that said "World of Slayer- FREE MMORPG" and a link to the main site of his game. Unfortunately for him, I still remember the URL of his link.

[link removed]

But yeah, I'm getting back on-topic now.

Meiun, do you have an idea of how the progression to and from 'levels' will work, and at what time/how we access them? I could see this system being very flexible in terms of clan areas, 'secret' areas, and heck, maybe even an actual 'Jesusland' (mod-only area).
Each level can vary immensely in size and design, and are each treated as independent (but connected) instances. Basically levels can just be thought of as different segments of the world, and you can (for the most part) travel between them freely. They are connected together at specific locations in which you will see a small indicator that you are able to switch to a different area (if you so choose). Each individual level is able to connect to a potentially unlimited number of other levels, so it will really offer for some elaborate and creative world design, as well as exploration opportunities that V2 was lacking in.

ARTgames

Will there be teleporting between parts of the map that are far from one another?

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on September 14, 2011, 06:35:52 PM
Will there be teleporting between parts of the map that are far from one another?
All the fine details on this will not be fully determined until the world is big enough for there to be more of a need for it. I do have some plans for some fast travel methods to specific locations, but have always had a distaste towards games that make it overly convenient for you and let you travel pretty much anywhere you want instantly and with ease. So any forms of automated transit will likely only be to select major areas, will likely cost something, and probably won't be quite as simple as "instant" transport. But, we will have to see how things shape out to know for sure =) The world is going to be big, and so I plan on having people actually utilizing its man different areas, not just skipping over them.

ARTgames

I'm wondering Meiun have you played Maple story? Its just that some things your adding to the game reminds me of it.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on September 14, 2011, 07:39:40 PM
I'm wondering Meiun have you played Maple story? Its just that some things your adding to the game reminds me of it.
I tried it briefly long, long ago. But if your referring to the way levels are traversed between, I hardly think it is unique to Maple Story (or SO for that matter). You can also trust me when I say that I have no intention of modeling anything in V3 after Maple Story.

ARTgames

Yeah your completely correct about that. Its just Maple story being one of the biggest 2D mmo's its just must feel like a lot of false correlations are happening. Making links that don't really exists. My bad.