News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDemonX

Found Stick Online when i was about 14 years old, So much time has passed since then now im 18, got a job and have been distracted from the whole internet gaming habits for a long time, currently got a job working as a server at a hibachi restaurant, Still looking every here and there because deep down in my heart the little kid in me still anticipates S.O, My number one favorite game. <3 Hope everything is going well! Been a long time.

MarioSonicFan2001

This looks sick! (in a good way!)  ;D
I hope that the developers finish this soon and make it free, like mentioned.
i really don't want to have to donate.  :-[

DNH

I wonder if there will be any News from Meiun?

Meiun

Without mentioning anything that would give anything else I haven't shown you guys yet away...

So someone was asking about performance enhancements on the server end for V3 recently. As I mentioned earlier to them, CPU was always the biggest bottleneck with the V2 server engine. Here is a little test I performed recently with V3.

Onscreen in the following picture alongside Danimal and I is exactly 1000 Rock Demons. There are also 1000 other perfectly active ones in each of 5 other neighboring areas (for a total of 6000), all being controlled on a server located halfway across the country from where I was playing from, and nearly halfway across the world from Danimal:

As you can see, my ping is still super solid. As was Danimals. There was litteraly not even the slightest hint of lag for either of us, neither in terms of network or framerate.

How demanding was this task on the server end that was managing all of this? (remember, the server has the entire game engine built into it minus the graphics, handling all the AI, monster/players motion and collision and all that just as the client does, etc. Not to mention that it is doing all this for every game level simultaneously at that):

Prosper

;D I am so proud of you !

The work and effort put into it is showing this project to become a jewel of a game. I know you are not in it for the money but hopefully someday you can get your game publicised on steam or something and become a millionaire over night like notch did.

DNH

i guess with the right contacts he would become rich if he public it :))

Torch

That's pretty damn efficient props to you!

sly 3 4 me

Impressive, I'm glad to see some of the difficulties with version two will be a thing of the past.

tehrozzy

I dropped my phone when I saw this. Nice work Meiun.

House

Quote from: Meiun on December 15, 2011, 11:58:28 PM
Without mentioning anything that would give anything else I haven't shown you guys yet away...

So someone was asking about performance enhancements on the server end for V3 recently. As I mentioned earlier to them, CPU was always the biggest bottleneck with the V2 server engine. Here is a little test I performed recently with V3.

Onscreen in the following picture alongside Danimal and I is exactly 1000 Rock Demons. There are also 1000 other perfectly active ones in each of 5 other neighboring areas (for a total of 6000), all being controlled on a server located halfway across the country from where I was playing from, and nearly halfway across the world from Danimal:

As you can see, my ping is still super solid. As was Danimals. There was litteraly not even the slightest hint of lag for either of us, neither in terms of network or framerate.

How demanding was this task on the server end that was managing all of this? (remember, the server has the entire game engine built into it minus the graphics, handling all the AI, monster/players motion and collision and all that just as the client does, etc. Not to mention that it is doing all this for every game level simultaneously at that):

now i want to play :( cant wait until it comes out

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on December 15, 2011, 11:58:28 PM

[snips]

[snails]

Feature confirmed for stick online 3

• No lag

:P

Prosper

nicks1993

I've literally been waiting for years for this game is there any predicted release date yet?

TANK

i would buy this if i could, i know your trying to be a nice guy by making this free, but man you could make some serious money out of this. I say you try selling it man you could really make a mark and make alot of money. There are plenty of people into solid platform mmorpgs and i think stickonline would cater to the younger and to the older nerdier generation like us.

Meiun

Quote from: TANK on January 28, 2012, 01:30:16 PM
i would buy this if i could, i know your trying to be a nice guy by making this free, but man you could make some serious money out of this. I say you try selling it man you could really make a mark and make alot of money. There are plenty of people into solid platform mmorpgs and i think stickonline would cater to the younger and to the older nerdier generation like us.
It may be possible to make some revenue from it, but I don't think I'd want to force people to have to pay to play. That would filter out a big chunk of the players I'd think.

Quote from: nicks1993 on January 28, 2012, 12:29:58 PM
I've literally been waiting for years for this game is there any predicted release date yet?
A release date is honestly almost impossible for me to give, even if I wanted to. Not only am I terrible at making estimates like that, but because I do this as a hobby, I never am able to know in advance when I will have time to work on it, or how much time I will end up having to do so when I do find time. Sometimes I will have a whole week where I can get a number of things done, and other times I will go long stretches with getting very little. Stick Online is also not really the type of game I'd consider to have a point where it is totally "complete," as I hope to keep it something I can keep working on and adding to over time, so it will basically be released when I reach a point I feel it is ready for the public.