News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crozier

Quote from: DivineLegend on February 03, 2012, 02:02:12 PM
If there were ample enough donations, then I'm sure it would work. But I'm assuming that would be thousands of dollars. You have to include utilities, and rent, and food, and gas, and insurance, and school, and food again....
And multiply that by 3-5, cause Meiuns not the only one on the Stick-Online crew.

Meiun

It would take a lot of donations to replace a full time job (of any kind), let alone have them be stable enough of a source to actually be able to confidently quit or lower my hours :P So I wouldn't count on that plan anytime soon. I appreciate the thought though!

Quote from: crozier on February 03, 2012, 06:36:20 PM
If there were ample enough donations, then I'm sure it would work. But I'm assuming that would be thousands of dollars. You have to include utilities, and rent, and food, and gas, and insurance, and school, and food again....
And multiply that by 3-5, cause Meiuns not the only one on the Stick-Online crew.
The programming side of V3's development (my job) has been the only real bottleneck so far. That's not to say that all the graphics are done or anything, but thus far they have managed to come plenty fast enough, and rarely has their been a time where I've had to hold off on something due to a lack of graphics. Sure would be awesome if someday SO could become a real company though huh? ;D One can dream.

Bread

If that ever happens, I will be applying for a job there. I don't care what position. Hell, I'll even be a janitor!   ;D

T-Rok

Quote from: Bread on February 03, 2012, 10:20:11 PM
If that ever happens, I will be applying for a job there. I don't care what position. Hell, I'll even be a janitor!   ;D

HELL TO THE YES.

BlackDemonX

Sounds to me like we need investors. ;)

havok

Quote from: Meiun on February 03, 2012, 06:56:31 PM
It would take a lot of donations to replace a full time job (of any kind), let alone have them be stable enough of a source to actually be able to confidently quit or lower my hours :P So I wouldn't count on that plan anytime soon. I appreciate the thought though!

The programming side of V3's development (my job) has been the only real bottleneck so far. That's not to say that all the graphics are done or anything, but thus far they have managed to come plenty fast enough, and rarely has their been a time where I've had to hold off on something due to a lack of graphics. Sure would be awesome if someday SO could become a real company though huh? ;D One can dream.

there will be with v3 and you know it :p any how  i can tell you now Meiun is not big on taking big donations from people lol. plus why quit a job you just got a degree for :p

Sorry for my slag/grammer.

Meiun

Quote from: havok on February 09, 2012, 09:26:34 AM
Quote from: Meiun on February 03, 2012, 06:56:31 PM

there will be with v3 and you know it :p any how  i can tell you now Meiun is not big on taking big donations from people lol. plus why quit a job you just got a degree for :p

Sorry for my slag/grammer.
I like to think that my degree has helped just as much (if not more) with V3 than for my actual job :P

uberzleet

:D *excited*

I can't wait for V3! :D

2 Questions:

1. Will donators get any benefits?
2. Could donators maybe get to beta-test a little bit once you're closer to releasing it?
Bandits

darkflash

I say release it now and just keep updating it :P

Matty_Richo

Quote from: uberzleet on February 19, 2012, 07:21:13 AM
:D *excited*

I can't wait for V3! :D

2 Questions:

1. Will donators get any benefits?
2. Could donators maybe get to beta-test a little bit once you're closer to releasing it?

I believe both of these questions have been answered numerous times during this topic however:

1. I believe Meiun would like to do something to say thank you to the donators, however it most likely won't do anything that would actually give anyone an advantage in the game, it would probably just be something there simply for aesthetic purposes.

2. I think Meiun mentioned this as a definite possibility, however don't necessarily base the rest of you life around this happening, because there is every possibility that Meiun will decide against it and just have a closed beta with a small group of people. But I would think that there is a very good chance of having the donators beta testing so as he can test out the game with larger groups of people.

MrMota

Oh man!

I dream with this game. I never play it.

I just keep watching videos on youtube of this game.

Dreedo

As this is made in XNA, would it be ever possible to see an Xbox 360 release via XBL Indie Games?

Meiun

Quote from: Dreedo on May 13, 2012, 01:41:24 PM
As this is made in XNA, would it be ever possible to see an Xbox 360 release via XBL Indie Games?
It's somewhat possible in theory, but i certainly wouldnt count on us actually doing it. I dont much like the idea of people not being able to type in most cases. Also, the extent to which im relying on xna is pretty minimal, and i havnt really looked in to how all the other custom stuff ive written would do compatability wise with the xbox (id imagine it would be fine, but not entirely sure). Itd certainly be a bit more of a restrictive way to go about it either way. But you never know! Its certainly nice to have as an option.

SantaClaws

Looks amazing, I definitely cant wait to see the game in its final stages and hear about some sort of beta. Can't wait to play SoV3. I'm sure most are wondering, as am I but will there be any more progression updates being posted? I'm sure it has been asked already, but I thought I'd ask again. Anyway looks great Meiun, and I wish you the best of luck on finishing it on time and on schedule (That is... If there is a schedule :P) But looks like an amazing game!

ARTgames

I'm asking too much but I think it would be cool if Meiun did a screenshot a week with a blurb about the game. Just to keep interest.