News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Quote from: pieman on July 02, 2012, 11:39:12 PM
QuoteSo3 will most likely run better than So2 on the same hardware.

Hardware isn't an issue for me. I play Crysis 2 at its highest settings. ;D
But don't C# programs require some kind of dopey run-time (like Java)? I hate Microsoft's .NET junk, so I removed it from my computers. I will reinstall it if that's necessary to play Stick Online 3!

Quotev1 Had the black and white graphics and V2 had the color.
Oh, I was definitely playing V2 then.
It utilizes the Microsoft .NET Framework, yes. The .NET Framework is actually a pretty pivotal part of pretty much all windows OS's nowadays, so it would be rather foolish to try to remove any pieces of it. Any updates to it are typically automatic through windows update, and a lot of it probably can't be removed even if you wanted to (depending on your OS). If you did, a whole hell of a lot of stuff wouldn't run anymore. Many many programs use/require it, as well as a lot of core windows applications... Not sure what there is to dislike about it, it is quite solid. JIT compilers (like used for C#) are quite a brilliant and effective way to do things really.

ARTgames

@pieman
This is also goin to require the XNA addon.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on July 03, 2012, 11:52:13 AM
@pieman
This is also goin to require the XNA addon.
That simply comes in a small redistributable package though (less than 7MB). Similar sort of concept as the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables you might have noticed getting installed when you first play many other commercial games out there. If you've played games like Terraria or Magicka (among many other) you likely already have it.

pieman

I compile with MinGW. Anyway, this is no problem. I have no issue with it.

tehrozzy

Not sure if this has been asked, but will v3 be released in segments like v2?
ie. A small amount of areas and items to start, and slowly expanding over time?

Also, seeing as this thread has 37 pages, maybe a Q&A list is in order so questions don't get asked more than once.

Twinky

Quote from: YayForLife on July 08, 2012, 09:11:41 AM

Also, seeing as this thread has 37 pages, maybe a Q&A list is in order so questions don't get asked more than once.
Being the boring person I am, I read the whole thread yesterday, and Meiun said he has created an easy to use level editor that will be given to certain people so they can design levels, which can be easily connected to other areas in the game. So with that I'm assuming yes, the game will expand over time.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Twinky on July 08, 2012, 11:53:17 AM
Quote from: YayForLife on July 08, 2012, 09:11:41 AM

Being the boring person I am, I read the whole thread yesterday, and Meiun said he has created an easy to use level editor that will be given to certain people so they can design levels, which can be easily connected to other areas in the game. So with that I'm assuming yes, the game will expand over time.
Oh, I knew about that. I was just asking if it would start off relatively small, like SO2 before Desert updates and all that.

Hi756

Wow, I finally decided to read the SO V3 sneak peek topic. I spent the past few hours reading all the posts, and I have to say I'm really excited about the progress being made so far! All my questions I had have already been asked and answered by other people, so I guess this is all I have to say for now! I'm excited!
This is my signature.....great.

jackel1994

This topic has started to slow down so I thought I'd try and get something going again.

I'm probably going to get a smack on the wrist for asking, but would it be possible for us to get a detailed update as to how the process is coming along, and changes that have been made since the original topic has been posted? The last edit said July of last year as was hoping to get some more info for us eager children to settle with :b.

Thanks in advance Meiun!

Meiun

So one thing that we have yet to officially reveal to you guys (that has been going on for quite some time), is that Ceroblitz has officially joined the team as an animator (primarily for the player and weapon animations thus far). I know many of you had been impressed by some of his early ideas for V3 weapon animations posted in the ideas section, but much of his new work since he has officially joined us blows the socks off of most of what you guys have likely seen :) He has really cranked out a ton of awesome stuff for the game, and done a fantastic job of working off the feedback from the rest of the team.

So far he has already fully sprited/animated enough weapons to more than double the number that were present in V2 (and that includes all of V2's GM weapons and tournament prizes). Each of these new weapons also follow the traditional SO pattern of being highly unique (both in terms of the weapon itself, as well as how the character is animated using it).

Also, each and every weapon has its own aerial attack animation :)

Stay tuned and we may give you a sneak peak of one or two of the new weapons.

Jmac

Quote from: Meiun on September 08, 2012, 01:17:06 PM
So one thing that we have yet to officially reveal to you guys (that has been going on for quite some time), is that Ceroblitz has officially joined the team as an animator (primarily for the player and weapon animations thus far). I know many of you had been impressed by some of his early ideas for V3 weapon animations posted in the ideas section, but much of his new work since he has officially joined us blows the socks off of most of what you guys have likely seen :) He has really cranked out a ton of awesome stuff for the game, and done a fantastic job of working off the feedback from the rest of the team.

So far he has already fully sprited/animated enough weapons to more than double the number that were present in V2 (and that includes all of V2's GM weapons and tournament prizes). Each of these new weapons also follow the traditional SO pattern of being highly unique (both in terms of the weapon itself, as well as how the character is animated using it).

Also, each and every weapon has its own aerial attack animation :)

Stay tuned and we may give you a sneak peak of one or two of the new weapons.
That's awesome! Cero is a very talented animator, and I have to admit, I'm pretty pumped up to see the work that he has done.

Also on a side note, aerial attacks? Wow, that's going to add a huge new element for PvPing.

TANK

DarkBlade325

Aye- I looked back on Ceroblitz's animations; Holy Hell that FGS animation is like habrhbdfhsbfgb (in other words, good).

He deserves to be working with the team. Look how smooth!

Now all ye need are some slaves who are proficient in programming and giving back massages on stressful days. I'm on it, Meiun.

sly 3 4 me

His animations do indeed fit nicely with version two and version three. Aside from the weapons, the monsters are what interest me currently. I always enjoyed when new bosses were added to version three, since weapons came along with them. I wonder who is spriting and animating the monsters .  :P

I thought Cero was announced as an active spriter in SO3 months ago, lol.

Meiun

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on September 08, 2012, 02:18:36 PM
His animations do indeed fit nicely with version two and version three. Aside from the weapons, the monsters are what interest me currently. I always enjoyed when new bosses were added to version three, since weapons came along with them. I wonder who is spriting and animating the monsters .  :P

I thought Cero was announced as an active spriter in SO3 months ago, lol.
It may have been mentioned, but never quite officially enough for my liking. Venuse has done a bit of work with monsters, but that is actually one area we are lacking in quite a bit. I am hoping to find someone dedicated almost specifically to monsters somewhere down the road. In the mean time i've still been able to code monster stuff fine without all the related graphics though, so it hasn't been the highest of priorities yet.