News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V3 Official Sneak Peak!

Started by Meiun, June 29, 2011, 12:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Regardless of the actual game content itself, I'm sure I''ll be overwhelmed with satisfaction regardless...however I do have just one sole request:

PLEASE never get rid of the bouncy, hard to click buttons on the login menu. Logging in is always so fun - trying to click those damn buttons before the begin to slow down and ultimately stop. I' take great pride in my ability to catch the login button within the first second and look forward to perfecting this act in v3 also.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Foly

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 10, 2012, 12:24:34 AM
Regardless of the actual game content itself, I'm sure I''ll be overwhelmed with satisfaction regardless...however I do have just one sole request:

PLEASE never get rid of the bouncy, hard to click buttons on the login menu. Logging in is always so fun - trying to click those damn buttons before the begin to slow down and ultimately stop. I' take great pride in my ability to catch the login button within the first second and look forward to perfecting this act in v3 also.

You do know that you can quickly press the enter key to skip the clicking?

Cause i didnt and i always clicked the wrong button :(

God-I-Suck

I thought I was the only one... lol

sayers6

I think EVERYONE does that. I hated it at first, but it grew on me. If it was gone, I'd probably miss it.

Meiun

You do realize I'm completely recording the entire game from scratch right? Absolutely nothing from the first one is being re-used (I'm not even programming it in the same language this time around). So any similarities or between V2 and V3 would need to have been made that way very deliberately. So that would mean I would need to deliberately program that entire mechanic all over again to be just as obnoxious as before :P

Lingus

Quote from: Meiun on September 10, 2012, 05:45:58 PM
So that would mean I would need to deliberately program that entire mechanic all over again to be just as obnoxious as before :P
Thank god... I hated that bouncy menu.

Btw, this is a great update. Glad to hear Ceroblitz is on the team. While I haven't always thought his work would fit in exactly with V2, since V3 is going to be entirely different that is no longer a concern. It has also been a few years since I've seen anything from him so in all likeliness he's doing something totally different.

Meiun

Quote from: Lingus on September 10, 2012, 09:13:59 PM
Quote from: Meiun on September 10, 2012, 05:45:58 PM
So that would mean I would need to deliberately program that entire mechanic all over again to be just as obnoxious as before :P
Thank god... I hated that bouncy menu.

Btw, this is a great update. Glad to hear Ceroblitz is on the team. While I haven't always thought his work would fit in exactly with V2, since V3 is going to be entirely different that is no longer a concern. It has also been a few years since I've seen anything from him so in all likeliness he's doing something totally different.
He has worked fantastically with the feedback of both myself and Venuse. So a lot of his newer stuff really surpasses (and fits in better than) the stuff that many of you saw him post a while ago. At least in our opinions :P

darkflash

I think  we need another sneak peak :P

CherryPie

RainbowDash

In the new SO will there be more than two sound effects? And maybe even bgm?

Jmac

Quote from: RainbowDash on October 05, 2012, 03:38:58 PM
*cough*Four sounds...*cough* But anyways, I feel that simplicity was a big part of the original Stick Online experience, and even though I would love unique weapon sounds, I personally wouldn't mind if they stayed the same as they are now.

Meiun

Quote from: RainbowDash on October 05, 2012, 03:38:58 PM
There will be more sound.

ARTgames

I have read this topic before but I don't remember this being asked but is there going to be more flexibility in the controls allowing your own key mapping? Also if it fits with the game play controller support?

CherryPie

Quote from: ARTgames on October 05, 2012, 09:32:49 PM
-snip-
Also if it fits with the game play controller support?

you could always realize that with keystroke emulators such as autohotkey, anyway (I played SOv2 with a Nintendo Wii remote, once ;) )
I don't think Meiun should put effort into such configuration features for the first public version, there are at least 20 factors, I could think of that are more important ( one is more sound :D )

RainbowDash

Its not too hard of a thing really. As for the controller I know its always possible to use 3ed party tools to do this sort of thing but its nice having it built in. It really helps when the game has multi-action buttons or context sensitive buttons (such as buttons that change what they do depending on whats going on in the game. This helps maps games with many keys to a controller which has less buttons than on a keyboard.) as these things that are harder to configure with mapping software or really requires to be built in to the game. Also things like analog support doesn't transfer well to the binary action of a key. But this is only if the game really supports this kind of game play.