News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online Revival?

Started by Snakeman, June 26, 2010, 06:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snakeman

Stick Online's practically dead. The forums get barely any posts, the donor server gets nowhere near 5 players on at a time, and it seems as if everyone just sorta went somewhere else.

Well let's all get readdicted to Stick Online again. It's quite simple. Considering the amount of accounts activated on the donor server, and number of people able to access them, you could easily get a good 20 people playing at once. That's lively enough, surely. That's around the same number of people that were around on SO2 before the desert update. It's a fairly good enough number to at least have some interesting and good company whilst playing.

Of course, say you've basically done everything you could. Level 100, have all the items you've wanted, etc etc. Well go buy up another account! Try a different build! $10 ain't a lot, folks. That's an easy 2 hours of work (at minimum wage practically anywhere (as far as I know) if some of you kiddies were tossed that), or a week of allowance. If you don't have a job or get allowance, then offer to do extra chores for some money. It's not hard to gather a couple of bucks if you did a couple of favors for people. (And I know what most of you are thinking. It's not that. Get your head out of the gutter.)

If you don't feel like aimlessly killing monsters for no gain, then whip up a new account and pump that one up. I, myself, want to get back into Stick Online, because it's a GREAT game to screw around in and have some fun. But there's no fun if there's nobody around (not to mention it's awfully hard to get some decent leveling in if you're stuck soloing everything).

So blow the dust of your SO folder, boot up that old .exe, and start playing again. Let's get some liveliness pumped back into this game.

tehrozzy

I fully agree. we should definately have more people playing this.
In fact, Im gonna start right now.

EpicPhailure

Right on. Unfortunately, I'm gotten so sick of S.O., that I don't even want to open up the folder anymore.

Snakeman

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 26, 2010, 06:52:32 PM
Right on. Unfortunately, I'm gotten so sick of S.O., that I don't even want to open up the folder anymore.

Seriously? I haven't touched it ever since like, 2009, and playing it right now just seems so much more fun. I can understand your reasoning if you played it when only like 2 people were on. That's why I'm trying to respark interest.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Snakeman on June 26, 2010, 07:06:38 PM

Seriously? I haven't touched it ever since like, 2009, and playing it right now just seems so much more fun. I can understand your reasoning if you played it when only like 2 people were on. That's why I'm trying to respark interest.
Nah, I'm just spoiled with modern MMORPGs. S.O. seems so much more unappealing, and the simplicity factor doesn't really tilt the scales.

Snakeman

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 26, 2010, 07:24:23 PM
Quote from: Snakeman on June 26, 2010, 07:06:38 PM

Nah, I'm just spoiled with modern MMORPGs. S.O. seems so much more unappealing, and the simplicity factor doesn't really tilt the scales.

Ahhh. Same happened to me, but eventually I've started to get fed up with the combat, since it's not really as, like, "live action" as SO. That's the main force that drove me back.

Titan

If someone posts the download link here I might play again a bit, but I'm not gonna bother meiun about it.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Meiun

Quote from: Titan on June 26, 2010, 07:47:06 PM
If someone posts the download link here I might play again a bit, but I'm not gonna bother meiun about it.
Please don't post the download link anyone, as I'd prefer it not be publicly accessible to people who have not donated. I have PM'd you the link Titan.

As for the rest of you guys interested in starting up playing again, you will be happy to know that I have done a number of server upgrades enhancements over the last month or so to the donor server. It still isn't anything nearly as fancy as what it was (and will be again) when the game was public, but still should be plenty sufficient for our current needs.
    Also, I'll take this as an opportunity to inform you all that I have been working a bit on a new implementation of the clan system for the current version of the game. I plan to make this new implementation available to you all in the not too distant future (don't ask me about specific dates though, as I do have plenty of other stuff on my plate seeing as my parents are moving and building a new house this summer). As this is more of an added bonus to the current version than anything else, don't expect much in terms of a graphical interface or GUI's for the clan system, but when completed you all should have everything you need to create, join, and manage your own clans.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Meiun on June 26, 2010, 08:31:16 PM
    Also, I'll take this as an opportunity to inform you all that I have been working a bit on a new implementation of the clan system for the current version of the game. I plan to make this new implementation available to you all in the not too distant future (don't ask me about specific dates though, as I do have plenty of other stuff on my plate seeing as my parents are moving and building a new house this summer). As this is more of an added bonus to the current version than anything else, don't expect much in terms of a graphical interface or GUI's for the clan system, but when completed you all should have everything you need to create, join, and manage your own clans.
Sweet! I'm gonna have to tell Grim about this, he doesnt visit the forums anymore

Phenom

:-\
i would love to play but atm i dont have a paypal

nor visa but im able to send money by mail
you dont have to but
if you could give me an address for me to send the money in by postal mail it doesn't
necessarily have to be your personal home
???

just send me an email

Meiun

Quote from: Phenom on June 26, 2010, 09:47:34 PM
:-\
i would love to play but atm i dont have a paypal

nor visa but im able to send money by mail
you dont have to but
if you could give me an address for me to send the money in by postal mail it doesn't
necessarily have to be your personal home
???

just send me an email
zerohex1@yahoo.com
I don't accept donations via mail, sorry bud. You could try getting a prepaid via card, they sell them at a lot of gas stations or other grocery stores. It basically just works like a credit card that only has a set amount of cash on it then you throw it out.

Lingus

Quote from: Meiun on June 26, 2010, 08:31:16 PM
See that's the kind of thing that makes you awesome. It's also the kind of thing that would get me interested in the game again. Clans was a major community activity. Creating them, gathering members, fighting with other clans. I think it would be great for the resurgence of the donor server.

sk8terboi

well the game is ganna still be dead ive been on when im bored and im always the only one on......... People keep getting to lvl 99 or 100 and hate they have to donate for another acc to play and lvl again. thats what im thinking
[SSSS]

Scotty

Then it's as easy as requesting Meiun to drop and recreate your account and you can start over, maybe even transfer over items from your old to your refreshed account.

Looperpuck

Props for making this topic, Snakey. I don't know how many people go on the game a day, but I know who are on the forums, and in the past couple months, its been like 13 on at a time, to 5. I havent even taken a glance at my stick online folder in about a year now. (considering I cant play) If I could play, I would be on as often as I could. But the thing is with stick online, you cant really do anything out of the ordinary, because it has already been done, or you just can't do it. Like all the variety the game had a long time ago, is gone... People have tried out all the stat builds, all the monsters have been defeated, everyone knows how to get items, everybody knows everybody, etc... It is very hard to keep people interested without anything new. I'm not saying that Meiun is lazy and wont do things for us, he is probably coding his ass off non stop getting stick online V3 ready for the public so we become interested again. The donor server was just to keep stick online alive as he developes V3, if he never would have put that up, I'm pretty sure nobody would remember how to play the game.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected