News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online Revival?

Started by Snakeman, June 26, 2010, 06:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 05, 2010, 03:28:36 PM
Buy WHAT with money?

So he can buy SO3, for all of us to play, of course.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 05, 2010, 05:17:10 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 05, 2010, 03:28:36 PM
Buy WHAT with money?

So he can buy SO3, for all of us to play, of course.

Oh right, on sale on Steam for 30% off, right?

king

lol it cost money to uprgaid the version to version 3

Scotty

Quote from: king on July 05, 2010, 08:30:25 PM
lol it cost money to uprgaid the version to version 3

To simply upgrade costs nothing in a monetary sense.  Rather, it costs effort, ambition, and dedication to get it done.  Other assets such as dedicated servers are what hit the developer(s) in the wallet.  To try and draw a larger crowd here, especially from a community which is renowned for being immature and underage to the unseen third degree would do nothing but cause a lot of discontent in this already well moderated corner of the world wide web.  If I were a developer at this point in development, I would advise... No, I would beg to not have people go to places like runescape and encourage their community to bring their fan-base over here, as it is well known that the biggest downfall to that game is the player-base.

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Lucifer on July 05, 2010, 02:10:56 PM
Please, for the love titties, don't do such a wretched thing. As far as I know, although more is always appreciated, money is not a problem. To Meiun and the SO team, this is a hobby, to which their lives take priority over. Inviting horrible communities like Runescape here would only take more time away from their lives to moderate, which is why they closed the server down in the first place, so they actually had time to work on new and improved things for stick online. SO3 will come when it comes, and there's nothing we can do to speed up the process.

King, perhaps you missed those parts of his post, so I bold-faced them just for you. He's not paying to create the game. As far as I know, he has the programs and knowledge that he needs to advance the new version of Stick Online. Money is not a problem, as Lucifier said. Try to read into a post more carefully.

king

ok fine. he doesn't need money but don't u want more people on SO?

EpicPhailure

Depends on what kind of people, as said in many, many debates about things like this.

If they're mature and cool, and can present themselves as neat and refined, yes. But if they're going to whine about Stick Online costing a monetary fee, then no. We don't.

Lucifer

Personally, I'm fine with the amount of people playing. This is a game I enjoy relaxing in, talking to a few people if they're around, but in a very soothing environment. When the server was public, there was constantly drama going on at every single part of the map. This was largely due to the old PvP system, but definitely effected by the amount of players. But that's just me.

Lingus

There's enough player base in the current community. I'm certain a lot of people here are inactive due to being bored with the game. I know it sounds bad, but I'm positive people feel this way. I may be wrong, but it can't be denied that the gameplay gets stale after a while. And for some of us, it has been a long while.

With that said, Meiun has mentioned he will be implementing some form of a clan system to SO2 in the forseeable future. Along with that I think will be a renewed interest in the current community (myself included). If that is the case, you will start to see a lot more people actively playing the game.

And aside from that, when SO3 comes out, there will be tons of interest. There will be enough word of mouth as well as (I assume) some kind of official advertising by Meiun. I don't doubt that the player base for SO3 will far exceed the height of SO2's success.

Forum

Was gonna make a new topic but decided to bump this.

EDIT: Where are yall!?!!?!ffs
Officially quitted

Turkey

I'm just going to say, it was a very good choice to bump this instead of your initial plan.

Aqua

Igu and I have been very active at the Bandits, and Seifer has been a branchwarmer for the most part.
~Aqua

tehrozzy

I was playing yesterday at the temple and wall and got 2 dark sages in about 1 hour :P
After that i had to log off coz i wasnt at home.
But i was going to bandies when i found the second one.