News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Why forum etiquette is essential to Stick Online

Started by Scotty, June 29, 2010, 03:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyco-RC

Quote from: JninjaJ on October 28, 2010, 09:17:38 AM
IGN: JninjaJ
LEVEL: 99
PREDICTED LEVEL: 99

FOG FTW LOL

I think you've posted it in the wrong topic.
- 2nd Place Finish in Danimals 6th Tournament -

RayRay

Quote from: Tyco-RC on October 28, 2010, 09:27:15 AM
Quote from: JninjaJ on October 28, 2010, 09:17:38 AM
IGN: JninjaJ
LEVEL: 99
PREDICTED LEVEL: 99

FOG FTW LOL

I think you've posted it in the wrong topic.
I'm glad someone is taking account of this topic and applying it on that post. +rep... Oh wait, it's gone now. lol

Scotty

I would like to add a bit more to this:

There is a certain attitude and temperament that is all too often abused not only on this communicative forum, but throughout the web that most people push off as "the 'norm'" or "that's just how it is", and that is your demeanor towards others.  A common stance taken when communicating across a set of pixels on a monitor is the perception of invincibility.  The thought that you can say what you want, accuse however you please, attack however you think you can, and demean others in ways that you would never do to their face should you ever meet the person outside of this monitor you currently read my words on.

As of lately, I've noticed that there is an over-abundance of what a lot of you might refer to as "troll-baiting" or "flame-baiting".  There are users on this forum, that for whatever reason, get their jollies off of attacking other people for no good reason what-so-ever.  They feel that it is their duty to make others feel like crap on this forum, and to be quite frank, I am !@#$ing tired of it.  Seriously, I grow weary of logging into the forums and seeing topics locked because individuals feel that they have the right to sit there and take other people's words, slant them, and turn them against the original poster, all for the purpose of nothing more than "because I can", or "my opinion out-weighs yours".

Grow up.

Seriously, Grow three more inches, hit puberty, sit back and ask yourself, "Wow, is this something I'm going to look back on in 5-10 years and regret?"

Why does anyone feel compelled to come on this forum and make others feel like dirt, take their words and snuff them into the ground?  I have no idea.  The level of personal attacks that have taken place on behalf of a very select few as of late are nothing short of astonishing.  The amount of locked topics are ridiculous, yet nothing has been done to correct the issue.  I'm not even looking at the perpetrators themselves, even the moderators who are supposed to keep the community serene sit idle as the attackers let loose the rabid dogs, refusing to put an end to the stupidity through bans or whatever means necessary!

Is this the "norm"?  Is this tolerable?  Since when is it normal to allow others to come into a community, disrupt the peace intentionally, and get away with it!!!  When has this become acceptable?  Not only that, but NUMEROUS TIMES!

Seriously, every man and woman here grab your junk, and ask yourself, is this how you want online communities to be?  Is this how you want to interact with others, constantly coming onto a forum where it is acceptable without punishment to attack others and get away with it?

I'll get off my pedestal, I just need to get this out into the open, hopefully for the consideration and God-forbid, digestion, of the community.

krele

Quote from: Scotty on December 27, 2010, 01:51:22 AM
Why does anyone feel compelled to come on this forum and make others feel like dirt, take their words and snuff them into the ground?  I have no idea.  The level of personal attacks that have taken place on behalf of a very select few as of late are nothing short of astonishing.  The amount of locked topics are ridiculous, yet nothing has been done to correct the issue.  I'm not even looking at the perpetrators themselves, even the moderators who are supposed to keep the community serene sit idle as the attackers let loose the rabid dogs, refusing to put an end to the stupidity through bans or whatever means necessary!

Is this the "norm"?  Is this tolerable?  Since when is it normal to allow others to come into a community, disrupt the peace intentionally, and get away with it!!!  When has this become acceptable?  Not only that, but NUMEROUS TIMES!
Because it's counter proportional.

Scene:
- Newbie makes a topic asking for a release date.
- Pro bashes him to death, covers him in dust, makes him eat dirt and whatnot.
- People suddenly feel scared of Pro, since they don't want to undergo such treatment.
- They suddenly start doing it too, since people "respect" Pro on the surface.

That's clearly the reason why. By making other people feel like dirt, they feel less dirty themselves. This community used to be much less "noob-friendly" than it is now, I actually think we're setting a real example here. I know these things for a fact because such treatment was applied to me, and I applied it back. That's also the reason why I wasn't really accepted back then. With all due respect, Scotty, not even you managed to put up a good example of behavior.

You can't really expect everyone to respect you, much less like you. So this kind of behavior is expected. Not only on the internet, but in our everyday lives. Making someone else eat dirt leaves less dirt to be eaten by you. Majority of people are like that, and only the best of human race will stand up to what is right. There is nothing else we can do but do our best following the golden rule. It's not true that people don't grab their junk. Even I did.

~

TANK

your both wrong people insult otheres because they want to make those "stupid nerds cry", they want their sweet tears not respect

krele

Quote from: TANK on January 05, 2011, 03:56:52 PM
your both wrong people insult otheres because they want to make those "stupid nerds cry", they want their sweet tears not respect
Such a baseless assumption. They want them to cry, what for? What do they gain? I seriously considered thinking through this, but even on paper it looks ridiculous.

TANK

well thats the only conclusion i can come to, only a nerd would bash people for respect on the internet and none of you are nerds as far as i can see.

krele

Quote from: TANK on January 05, 2011, 04:44:45 PM
well thats the only conclusion i can come to, only a nerd would bash people for respect on the internet and none of you are nerds as far as i can see.
If none of us (the community) is a nerd, then how come this problem also affects our community as well?... You sort of pinned the last nail at your conclusion's coffin =/
It's clear we're not nerds, but a part of community still does it... I think you're missing the point.

TANK

Quote from: krele on January 05, 2011, 05:59:54 PM
If none of us (the community) is a nerd, then how come this problem also affects our community as well?... You sort of pinned the last nail at your conclusion's coffin =/
It's clear we're not nerds, but a part of community still does it... I think you're missing the point.
you just answered your own question some of you must be nerds that look like good looking people

Forum

Quote from: TANK on January 05, 2011, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: krele on January 05, 2011, 05:59:54 PM
you just answered your own question some of you must be nerds that look like good looking people
To my uderstanding your a nerd because you call others it now.. GET BACK OIN TOPIC NO MORE ARGUING/ BRING TO PM.
Officially quitted

TANK

just had to bash me didnt you, well you got your respect at the cost of my feelings

TANK

Danimal