News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat Guide (Poll for rating)

Started by Aqua, July 13, 2009, 01:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How helpfull was this?

One Star
2 (5%)
Two Stars
1 (2.5%)
Three Stars
1 (2.5%)
Four Stars
16 (40%)
Five Stars
8 (20%)
Five Stars and two Enthusiastic Thumbs Up!!!11!
12 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Aqua

Here is my Stat Guide, as I have had great experience on accounts specialized in each field (Str: +(lll_-)+; Agi: Fabi619; Vit: JoEL; Int: Aqua).

Str- This is decent, and can be very effective for training. It is a good deal of help for me to be able to hit Skeleton damage threshold in a single GS hit- allows me more time to heal stanima. Also nice to be able to keep monsters 'at bay,' sitting and hammering (even able to use this on the new Bandit Boss on +(lll_-)+). Later on with greater strength (which can bore your build), you can have plenty of fun with knockback. For instance, it takes about 40 strength to hammer cacti onto the wall with Stone Hammer. If you're naughty and nasty like me, you use this to kill people. Same with SH'ing Skeletons onto the temple pillars- takes 72 strength exactly. Strength can be useful in PvP against tanks, as others can't hit them far enough to prevent hits. For example, if you hammer a tank, likely as is not, they will GS as soon as they land, and still hit you. Also, weaker newbs will attempt to hammer them out. Big mistake: almost impossible, without strength (but extremely difficult with strength).
I suggest a good 35+ strength, as it is the basic strength for 1 hitting blobs, 'baying' monsters, and hitting skeletons up to the second step (emotional help).
Regarding knockback "ticks:" I asked Meiun about it a while back, and here's the answer: Knockback does NOT come in ticks. It is rather a formula probably based on a ratio of hspeed and vspeed. This is much more precise. However, the precision is lost in a rounding (I don't know what function, but doesn't exactly matter), which creates the impression of ticks. Each monster has probably a unique defense, which is plugged into the ratio, so you hit each monster further by 'ticks' at increasing ammounts required to have it rounded to the next interval.

Agi- Gives a decent boost in PvP, and easier to dodge monsters. I always found it agrivating that Gotest could be falling into my hit, and pop out at the last step (GM term). This also gives a tremendous advantage over slower players that few fast ones realize: cooldown. When attacking first, you can typically get 2 hits per 1 hit, and then overpowering the strength/defence advantage that the other player has. Agility has some kicks like faking, but I can't stand those, and never used them. Also very fun.
A minimum agility level would have to be 5, for me. It allows you to get onto pillars with Black Bunny Ears, as well as other things. 6 is a big difference, as you can get to the temple roof without switching hats. The next ammount you want is 11- to get to pillars with any hat of your choice and to roof with frog from central pillar, and to roof with only a minor agility bonus. 20 and 21 are close; 20 gets you to roof with frog hat from outer pillars, and is just under jumping to pillars from the ground. This is good for pvp/ds fighting. You can dodge, and not be stuck on the pillar, giving you time and oppertunity to strike back. Above these gives fun, and some pvp advantages, if used well. Still, none of this is needed with good items. Frog Hat gives all the jump you need, Bandit Cover gives all the speed you need, and Slasher adds a bit to both. Tanking can remove the agility disadvantage if used correctly (countering first hit and hiding on second). A very great disadvantage of being fast is the jump overkill. Very useful in platform pvp, you can just jump up, and down with a slow character, while the opononet spends much time in the air. You can also get un-counterable hits as the other player jumps up, or fakes it. (Dangerous on stanima though).

Vit- Prior to the Easter updates (and stream of vit-str stabalizing updates), vit was 9.665...% better than str. After the Easter update, it was still better, but I didn't calculate the percent. However, it is now stabalized with strenth, and in my opinion, str/vit all comes down to personality. It's good to have vit in a way. Tanking can bring a great advantage when training, and helping others.
I recomend at least 26 vit, as 6 hp per tick is good for me. The more, the better; as it makes for easier training. Despite the fact that it is unlikely to get a DKH, you still should plan your healing around it, staying 4 vit levels below the next tick. It's good to have it especially for regain when there are bosses, such as the SG, since you get few chances to attack.
The healing gives a great advantage in whatever your purposes. Without vit, your HP gradually increases, but you still heal as slow as before if you have 1 vit the entire leveling process. Despite other character's ability to destroy HP, it is still a great disadvantage to heal hp at 1% a tick. Quick healing can be used immensly, by sitting first, getting one tick, and scaring the other player (if sitting) out of sitting, who therefore gets no hp. Rumor has it that the hp per tick cap is 15.

Int- Intelegence is good, but it takes a bit to get you going. With strength, you don't need int (around 50). However, 2 would be best for minimum, as you can heal faster with Fedora, which becomes basicly a stronger, more defensive Wizard Hat; minus 30 stanima. Higher levels lead to exciting grinding, as I learned on Aqua. He has 44 int currently, and I can get damage out on SG faster than anyone else, and gernerally throughout the entire event.
7 is probably all you will ever need, but 13 allows for spammed attacks, and is very useful in spawn parties. This is also useful in mass pvp, and you can spam attacks, and when killed, continue to spam attacks (Aqua spawns with over 100 stanima easily). Rumor has it that the stam per tick cap is 15 standing, 30 sitting. This is still enough to never run out of stanima on Great Sword, Stone Hammer, Wooden Hammer, 6 stanima deficit per use of IS, 11 stanima deficit per use of Slasher, 1 stanima deficit per use of Scythe.

My stats on +(lll_-)+ are 70/8/28/1 (but this is a secret). 70 strength is good for grinding, and fun, from hammering people to monsters. 70 strength is good for skeletons, for instance, sinse most hats give 2 strength; which allows me to hit the next 'tick' of knock back- hitting them further and higher (up to pillars). I already mentioned the details on Agility, in the agi section. My vit is decent, and sorta built around DKH. Even without DKH, it's pretty much the best for when I decided to get it. I stopped at 70 strength, and put the rest in vitality. With all the damage I do, I don't need intelegence, as I kill even foG in 7 hits.

The typical player now-an days has about 40 str, 40 vit, and rest spread around through the stats. I can think of several players off the bat with these stats. People find no use for agility, or even intelegence. I think that the perfect build would be 69/1/35/2 with decent hats. With no hat, the player would have 305 hp. Using Green Beret, the play would have 370 hp. Wearing a Dark Knight Helm, the player would touch the Soft Cap (Which doesn't necessarily matter as things are evened out). A Fedora would give just as much defense as a Skull Mask, the healing of any vit bonus, and the stanima recovery of a Wizard Hat. Weapons do a great ammount of damage regardless of the target. With Dragoon Helm, you can hit Skeletons onto the Pillars with Stone Hammer, and with Slasher you can get to the pillars yourself without using a Frog Hat (which you can use from the floor). Bandit Cover, Frog Hat, and Slasher cover agility, as mentioned before, with ease. Other items make up for stat problems. As a side bonus, with an Inferno Sword, you may 1 hit 3 bandits in a single swing.

I have just revealed the majority of my knowledge (and will probably soon release my pvp tactics), and you may wonder why. The truth is, I have lost my interest in Stick Online for a variety of reasons. My purpose now is to support the Stick Online team in as many ways as I am able to, and to enhance current Stick Online devotee's experience in this game.
~Aqua

Bo-sox

Danimal

mikkelet

Good over all guide =) ( I still wonder how'd you got the time to write this.. you must had been ?ber bored :P)

Since I got 13 intelligence (unfortunatly @_@), I can say that although with high stam/regen I still tend to get stam'd. And spamming attacks is still difficult due to high recharge/use time. You can basicly only spam fast weapons, but most people can, and high ints still get stam'd quickly :/

Aqua

I remember when I hit 13 int, and it seemed to make a greater difference than the previous levels, despite the first tick being a 50% stanima regain increase. It is somehow better to gain 10 per tick sitting with Wizard Hat, than 8 per tick without the Wizard Hat, or 7 int + Wizard hat.

A thing about Intelegence is that it is Exponential. The more stam you have w/ the more regain you have, the more you benifet. A 1 int can swing GS about 11 times, a 6 int maybe 12, a 12 int maybe 15. On Aqua, 44 int (without Wiz), I'm at 39. With Wizard, I get about 46. I could do a ton of calculations for this, but frankly, I don't have time. My stat guide was built long ago when I did have time, I only just updated it now with a few modifications and addition of a paragraph or two.
~Aqua

ARTgames

What were the stats of the other accounts?

Aqua

JoEL has 67 vit, Fabi has at least 97 agi (haven't checked in a while), Aqua has 44 int, and +(lll_-)+ has 70 str.
~Aqua

CherryPie

pretty good and correct info, mixxed with personal expierence = win. 4 stars from me and rep up :)

Mystery

You showed a thorough explanation of all the stats, and added in people who used them and for what. Nicely done, 5 stars for you.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

wish you talk more about defense.

Aqua

Ahhh, I'll research that on the next SG which I visit. To my knowledge, it has 100 base damage. Fabi619 has 0 def, and a great variety of hats which have different def/vit levels, and I might be able to patch that with other accounts to find out the degrading percent of damage taken via defense.
~Aqua

yottabyte

tl;dr :-X

Just scummed it and from what I read, it looks bvery good!  ;D

Good job

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

jonsploder

I read it all and gave 5 stars and a thumbs up. Excellent guide, allthough according to you 35/39/26/2 is a good 99 stat for overall?

ARTgames

good work Aqua. it sould be pined

Dragx_Rage

Good job, 5 stars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~