News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat Guide (Poll for rating)

Started by Aqua, July 13, 2009, 01:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How helpfull was this?

One Star
2 (5%)
Two Stars
1 (2.5%)
Three Stars
1 (2.5%)
Four Stars
16 (40%)
Five Stars
8 (20%)
Five Stars and two Enthusiastic Thumbs Up!!!11!
12 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 39

sayers6

Good job Aqua, I had been calculating the vit, defense, hp bonus vs str for awhile now, and it seems you have already beaten me to it....all those days not paying attention to the teacher in math class and working on this type of thing for nothing.....Oh well lol.

Cactuscat222

Yes, nice guide. :)

I currently have 40/11/39/12, this is at level 99- I am unsure of what I will do at 100. I do like this build a lot, as it is balanced, but I can't say how good it is for PvP. I don't know anyone else with stats like these, but that is just my lack of knowledge. Some have said this would be a good build, others say this wouldn't be as effective. Considering I don't particularly partake in PvP often, I can't vouch for its use in it. I've done well sometimes, and horrible other times (mostly because of my PvP skill and lag; frustration)

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lingus

Not bad, but I'm mixed on some of the info you are providing. It just seems like you've made quite a bit of assumptions on certain calculations. I won't go into detail, but I just don't really like when people make assumptions (as I'm sure everyone is aware). Again, not a bad guide overall, I just wouldn't take every word and number in it as completely factual. Nothing wrong with giving opinions though, I would just rather have seen it stated as opinion or estimations instead of hard numbers and facts.

Aqua

Quote from: jonsploder on July 13, 2009, 06:42:01 PM
I read it all and gave 5 stars and a thumbs up. Excellent guide, allthough according to you 35/39/26/2 is a good 99 stat for overall?
Well, it's all opinion. I like the 39 for said reasons of 20, rather than 21. If you are pvping on the temple pillars, and don't want to jump on to the roof, then 39 is an advantage there. This really helps in lag when you have to jump really early, and still need time to get down and counter. 35 is decent strength, but with only 2 int you won't be getting far. 8 would be better for the situation. 26 is nice, built to be with DKH, and I got to 100 for it so I favor it.

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on July 13, 2009, 08:11:48 PM
Yes, nice guide. :)

I currently have 40/11/39/12, this is at level 99- I am unsure of what I will do at 100. I do like this build a lot, as it is balanced, but I can't say how good it is for PvP. I don't know anyone else with stats like these, but that is just my lack of knowledge. Some have said this would be a good build, others say this wouldn't be as effective. Considering I don't particularly partake in PvP often, I can't vouch for its use in it. I've done well sometimes, and horrible other times (mostly because of my PvP skill and lag; frustration)
If you aren't too concerned about PvP, I recomend adding two more to Int, allowing for the advantage of Fedora, and the rest in Vit so you always heal faster without wearing the DKH. 11 is good agility; you don't need to lose 65 hp changing to a hat to get up to the temple pillars, and the next 'tick' would be 15 (pillars from ground with BBE), but you'd have to give up on the Fedora bonus.

Lucifer

This is more of your opinions than a Guide. However it's very well written and provides a good amount of information (Even though much is speculative), so I'll go ahead and give it four stars.

scsox

aqwa i read you post... (wasn't that bad)... and i was wondering if you knew what the knockback tick was because i think u mentioned it in you post... thanks

EpicPhailure

Quote from: scsox on July 27, 2009, 02:36:05 PM
aqwa i read you post... (wasn't that bad)... and i was wondering if you knew what the knockback tick was because i think u mentioned it in you post... thanks

You have an answer in your own topic.

Aqua

Ahhh, that's something that I failed to mention. But I did ask Meiun about it a while back, and here's the answer: Knockback does NOT come in ticks. It is rather a formula probably based on a ratio of hspeed and vspeed. This is much more precise. However, the precision is lost in a rounding (I don't know what function, but doesn't exactly matter), which creates the impression of ticks. Each monster has probably a unique defense, which is plugged into the ratio, so you hit each monster further by 'ticks' at increasing ammounts required to have it rounded to the next interval.
Added to origional post.
~Aqua

Lingus

What do you mean by tick? I'm not sure you are using the term correctly. Tick normally refers to an interval of time. Such as the regen tick. You talk about how much HP you regen "per tick". The tick in that case refers to the interval from one point of regen to the next.

There is nothing about knockback that would use an interval of time. I believe you might be talking about something similar to how you gain a defense point every 3 vit. I think you're saying that you gain an additional amount of knockback every so many str points. Or that you reduce knockback every so many vit points. This would not be referred to as a "tick". As far as I'm aware, this doesn't actually have a term. From my knowledge, this mechanic is unique to Stick Online. Every other RPG I've played every stat point you add gives you some amount of bonus. I believe it is the rounding of numbers that causes this that other RPG's don't do. In any other game, instead of receiving an extra defense point every 3 vitality, your damage reduction would be modified for every point of vitality but your defense would stay the same. Something like that.

hartless!

Great job on the guide, 5 stars and 2 thumbs!