News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

LSS theory

Started by TheLegendTamer, September 09, 2010, 01:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegendTamer

Ok, I'm just speculating here. This idea is so crazy, it just might be true.

Myth: SG drop LSS.

I'm thinking "Why would it be dropped by something SOO obvious?". When I think sand sword, I think of those guys (and their smaller counterparts).

So I'm thinking, "Hey, if it's so powerful, why hide it behind something that would be everyone's first guess?". Yah, I mean, so many people hunt SGs now, why hide an ultra rare drop with something hunted down by 10-15 players at once?

So then I think, "Where would I hide it then?" I know! How about something NOBODY hunts?

Blobs!

Think about it. The current SO, even new players fight a few blobs before heading over to places like bandits or temple where other players hang out! The current player probably faces like only 200ish blobs at best on their grinds to level 100!

Even BBBs are hunted more! So many blobs, why would a level 90-100 waste their time on it when it gives so little drops that are available cheap in store and offer so little exp? Easier to drown em (get nothing) and hope a BBB spawns if you're hunting for hammers. Even cacti are hunted more for hammers!

Say you're level 90ish and you kill a blob in like 1 hit. Only 1 person gets past damage threshold to get a drop. Chances of that 1 person getting a super rare drop. LOW. Unlike higher level monsters that get ganged up on and everyone has a chance of getting a low drop.

So, if I were to hide LSS drops, strategically I'd hide it in blobs! Then no one would find out!

Anyone feel like hunting a bazillion blobs?

Seifer

Is this serious? Because it feels like spam...

Cactuscat222

Quote from: TheLegendTamer on September 09, 2010, 01:19:07 AM
Ok, I'm just speculating here. This idea is so crazy, it just might be true.

Myth: SG drop LSS.

I'm thinking "Why would it be dropped by something SOO obvious?". When I think sand sword, I think of those guys (and their smaller counterparts).

So I'm thinking, "Hey, if it's so powerful, why hide it behind something that would be everyone's first guess?". Yah, I mean, so many people hunt SGs now, why hide an ultra rare drop with something hunted down by 10-15 players at once?

So then I think, "Where would I hide it then?" I know! How about something NOBODY hunts?

Blobs!

Think about it. The current SO, even new players fight a few blobs before heading over to places like bandits or temple where other players hang out! The current player probably faces like only 200ish blobs at best on their grinds to level 100!

Even BBBs are hunted more! So many blobs, why would a level 90-100 waste their time on it when it gives so little drops that are available cheap in store and offer so little exp? Easier to drown em (get nothing) and hope a BBB spawns if you're hunting for hammers. Even cacti are hunted more for hammers!

Say you're level 90ish and you kill a blob in like 1 hit. Only 1 person gets past damage threshold to get a drop. Chances of that 1 person getting a super rare drop. LOW. Unlike higher level monsters that get ganged up on and everyone has a chance of getting a low drop.

So, if I were to hide LSS drops, strategically I'd hide it in blobs! Then no one would find out!

Anyone feel like hunting a bazillion blobs?

The point behind putting it in the drop table of a large powerful monster is just that... the monster is harder to defeat, and thus yields better equipment. Having more players fighting a boss doesn't increase or decrease the chance that single person will find it - the chance a single person will find it will always be the same. Just statisically, you might see more people with it since it is hunted more, but that is not guaranteed.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

TheLegendTamer

Not spam. Just crazy speculation.

I didn't make this thread as a joke.

How many blobs are killed by 1 player in a day? How many players keep killing blobs? How many get drops in a day?

NOBODY hunts blobs anymore. NOBODY bothers with blobs. NOBODY would know that it drops it because NOBODY hunts them long enough to get such a drop. That's my reasoning, though flawed and naive. NOBODY is in caps intentionally for dramatic effect.

Is it worth a shot or not? I wanna know what others think.

Epsilon72200

What an odd coincidence...
Just earlier today, I decided I'd go on a blob killing spree for BBBs on my newer account, since I've been having trouble getting a hammer, and well...
I'd say I killed at least 100 blobs, and 7 BBBs, so, while I haven't really killed that many, I haven't gotten an LSS yet, heh.
But who knows... Personally, I think the LSS is a unique item, but I'm hoping it isn't.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

TheLegendTamer

I hope so too :D. I might go on a blob killing spree.

If they do drop LSS, then lucky whoever-gets-it-first. Because then they get to claim they figured out what drops it... till they read this thread :D.

Ko3rMiT

Well, i wondered why i've never seen somebody getting a gs from an sg.
Sure, there are people, who got one, but that was long time ago, actually.
First thing that I thought was that it may have been replaced. You know there are other items, that probably got replaced by a different one:
Rb dropped ss before but during the whole time i tried getting a dkh i never got one. So the dkh probably replaced the short sword.
Since the dagger isn't that rare you should be able to get it easily. But since im playing on the donor server it never dropped from cacti for me, which is kinda strange. So the froggy hat probably replaced this.
so as the ss and the dagger, the gs may have been replaced like this.
I'm not sure whether it got replaced by this sand sword or whatever, but im pretty sure there is a new drop...

Seifer

If we went by your idea, than all it takes is one person to get the LSS from a blob, which would eventually happen, and then everyone would easily get one, as blobs are much too easy to kill. So in the end, LSS becomes a very common weapon. I don't think we want this.

ARTgames

Nice hypothesis there TheLegendTamer. Test it out and come back to say how it when.  ;)

Prosper

Quote from: Ko3rMiT on September 09, 2010, 05:02:07 AM
First thing that I thought was that it may have been replaced. You know there are other items, that probably got replaced by a different one:
Rb dropped ss before but during the whole time i tried getting a dkh i never got one. So the dkh probably replaced the short sword.
Since the dagger isn't that rare you should be able to get it easily. But since im playing on the donor server it never dropped from cacti for me, which is kinda strange. So the froggy hat probably replaced this.
I'm not sure whether it got replaced by this sand sword or whatever, but im pretty sure there is a new drop...

I would think this would explain why Ive spent lvl 15-90 in desert not getting a GS but unfortunately is just bloody rare...

Pawz got a GS from SF in the past 2-3 weeks.

TheLegendTamer

We won't ever know for sure till people start killing blobs again right?

But wishful thinking aside, everything said, LSS probably really isn't the monster that would drop it, if it were available as drop anyhow. Though once again, until someone actually goes hunting these blobs, we won't know for sure if they do or do not drop it. Problem is, I'd would too find it more favorable to kill SGs for LSS...

Anyways: Myth yet to be confirmed or denied, that monsters drop LSS at all and that those monsters are SG or Blobs.

If anyone gets an LSS drop post on forums. If anyone gets an LSS from a blob... I dunno, do what you want XD.

Seifer

Theres nothing I love more than watching you mortals.

Aqua

Quote from: Ko3rMiT on September 09, 2010, 05:02:07 AM
The Cacti do drop daggers. I hunted Froggy, and I've gotten 1 frog, 3+ whips, 2+ daggers, 1+ hammers during that time.
Will edit later with thoughts on the theory (which I also share Seifer's above standpoint).
~Aqua

Mystery

Quote from: Seifer on September 09, 2010, 05:29:50 PM
Theres nothing I love more than watching you mortals.
If Meiun would just tell us outright we wouldn't have to guess.  :-\ Obviously this theory is BS, just wishful thinking. If it does drop, it drops from either the SF or SG, likelier the SG, with a chance of dropping LSS similar to the BBB's chance of dropping GS. Most likely, it doesn't drop at all and Meiun enjoys toying with us.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

I say it drops from FoG.