News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What happened to the SO revival project? D:

Started by DeamonClawz, September 30, 2010, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeamonClawz

What happened to it? I know that I'm NOT the only one that is out there waiting for something new to make this game... entertaining for us loyal players once more. I was pretty excited about the whole movement thing, and as I logged on today, I just noticed that nothing changed. (I admit, I did leave for a while. D:)
I feel that if people are finally donating to play the game, they should find it worthwhile, not just "Oh look, 5 peeps online... D:"

I'm all up for more people playing, but I wish that we as the community also committed ourselves to playing more often, just as we ask the moderators to commit themselves to the game and Meiun to improve our gaming experience.

If I (Of all the failures at SO), can start playing more often and try to help bring back SO, gradually, can you all do it with me? It benefits us all. :D

Ceroblitz

The thing that brings back people are events, content updates, and such.

Usually only a lot of people come back if there is an update happening with actual content that interests the players to play SO more. However, since SO2 isn't really being worked on and its a donors only, people tend to play something else cause SO2 isn't really in progress.

From the idea section, it doesn't seem to have much of an effect unless the people who create the ideas make it perfectly suited to SO, or Meiun accepts it. However, since 99.99% of the ideas in the idea section never seem to be implemented no matter how good they seem, I guess that it shows that SO2 won't be seeing any big updates, till the release of SO3. The fact that theres nothing to come on for is what makes people play other games and do other things, hence, the fact why theres only 5 people online.

Even if you get like 25 people on at once, it wouldn't last long because theres not much to do other than PVP and item hunting (item hunting is fun,  don't get me wrong, its just that some people don't have the thought of actually getting the drop they desire). Maybe if some of the ideas would get implemented into SO2, that would definitely make the game more interesting, and definitely attract more players. However, at SOs current state, a repetitive Halloween event wouldn't really do much to entice the players to come back, unless something new was added.

foG

Well like having organized spawnpartys would be nice and not much effort for Meiun.

Also it was said the Clan- update was gonna be implemented along with a PvP- league recreated by Scotty. Don't know if they are still working on it.

And yes, I also wanna help bring back some life to SO!

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

HamsterPants

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't still support this. lol

I would love to see some more interesting things going on in the game.
Unfortunately tourneys never work without a moderator...

Mystery

Quote from: HamsterPants on September 30, 2010, 01:05:14 PM
I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't still support this. lol

I would love to see some more interesting things going on in the game.
Unfortunately tourneys never work without a moderator...
As soon as the clan update comes out, I'm planning to host a tourney.

And guys, the donor server was never intended to be active. It's just a thank you for donating.

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Aqua

Quote from: foG on September 30, 2010, 09:40:03 AM
Also it was said the Clan- update was gonna be implemented along with a PvP- league recreated by Scotty. Don't know if they are still working on it.
Quote from: Meiun on August 12, 2010, 11:36:48 PMI was hoping to get the clan update out within the next week, but it will have to wait.
Quote from: Meiun on August 21, 2010, 12:12:47 AM
I'm going to have to take a trip... to find my old computers backup that had all my programming stuff, etc. Either way this is probably gonna set me back a bit, seeing as I didn't have it with me to back stuff up for a few weeks prior to when my comp was stolen. Hopefully I'll manage to find it in the next day or so.
Quote from: Scotty on September 06, 2010, 10:05:37 AM
Progress is slow but certain.  I've been getting tangled up in multiple projects, and work is effectively draining me of motivation.  As of right now, the account system is complete, and I've begun working on 1vs1 battles.  Once I feel confident that that is completed and stable, I will be sending out invites to members via these forums for beta-testing of the application.  I'll send out invites to the GMs as well as a select list of a few members who I intend to offer staff positions to, for moderation purposes.
The topics are on the second page.
Anyways, yeah. It'd be nice for SO to have nice life, but it takes more than loyalists. Like said when you launch the client, Tell yer friends!
~Aqua

Yankyal

Quote from: Ceroblitz on September 30, 2010, 12:33:45 AM
The thing that brings back people are events, content updates, and such.

Usually only a lot of people come back if there is an update happening with actual content that interests the players to play SO more. However, since SO2 isn't really being worked on and its a donors only, people tend to play something else cause SO2 isn't really in progress.

From the idea section, it doesn't seem to have much of an effect unless the people who create the ideas make it perfectly suited to SO, or Meiun accepts it. However, since 99.99% of the ideas in the idea section never seem to be implemented no matter how good they seem, I guess that it shows that SO2 won't be seeing any big updates, till the release of SO3. The fact that theres nothing to come on for is what makes people play other games and do other things, hence, the fact why theres only 5 people online.

Even if you get like 25 people on at once, it wouldn't last long because theres not much to do other than PVP and item hunting (item hunting is fun,  don't get me wrong, its just that some people don't have the thought of actually getting the drop they desire). Maybe if some of the ideas would get implemented into SO2, that would definitely make the game more interesting, and definitely attract more players. However, at SOs current state, a repetitive Halloween event wouldn't really do much to entice the players to come back, unless something new was added.
This this this this. I know a lot of old members just quit because they were fully sure SO2 was never going to be released. There's only so much you can do in the game right now, and it's also donor only. Even if you tell your friends, many of them might not like the idea of having to donate to play. A lot of the times people really do have the money, but do not have a reliable method of donating over the internet.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Aqua

Well, if they don't have a reliable way, they can pay me and I pay for them. Done before.
~Aqua

Lucifer

What happened to the SO revival project? Here's your answer. It's not easy to reinvigorate a game that lacks many of the core aspects that define a good MMO, while also requiring a donation for access. These two elements combined aren't helping to nourish a new flow of players, and thus we're more or less left with the current population. As Mystery pointed out, the game was never meant to be active, it's no longer being developed. That being said, you're correct, it's up to us to keep it active if we wish it to be.

So Deamon, the question is, what's your solution? I mean, if Snakeman's "PLAY MOAR" approach didn't work, do you think you repeating the same thing will do anything? If you want a change to happen, don't wait around for other people to agree with you, go ahead and do something. Organize events, tournaments, grinding parties, donate for new players, perhaps help look for an alternative to the shout-box we lack. If you're not actually willing to make a change yourself, why is anyone else going to be motivated to play the same game they've been playing for years?

That's my 2?.

Outa curiosity Aqua, what's the Latin under your avatar translate to?

Prosper

Quote from: Lucifer on October 01, 2010, 01:06:37 PM
Organize events, tournaments, grinding parties,

Here is my attempt to organize something : http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=1355.0

It was of 'some' interest for the first few days but ive been the only one updating my data for a good while now and its about to be off the first page.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Prosper on October 01, 2010, 02:41:05 PM

Here is my attempt to organize something : http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=1355.0

It was of 'some' interest for the first few days but ive been the only one updating my data for a good while now and its about to be off the first page.
Actually. I'm interested in that...
I'll help out.
It'll be motivation for me to get back into the game.

Prosper

Quote from: HamsterPants on October 01, 2010, 06:22:21 PM
Quote from: Prosper on October 01, 2010, 02:41:05 PM

Actually. I'm interested in that...
I'll help out.
It'll be motivation for me to get back into the game.

Cool :D tnx ! I'm the only one who got a rare drop since it started. We must prove that IS have not been removed from the drop list  :-\

DeamonClawz

So Deamon, the question is, what's your solution? I mean, if Snakeman's "PLAY MOAR" approach didn't work, do you think you repeating the same thing will do anything? If you want a change to happen, don't wait around for other people to agree with you, go ahead and do something. Organize events, tournaments, grinding parties, donate for new players, perhaps help look for an alternative to the shout-box we lack. If you're not actually willing to make a change yourself, why is anyone else going to be motivated to play the same game they've been playing for years?
I asked myself the same thing. I really have nothing to say right now, as I can't promise changes or updates.
But. I all I can do is try, and I will. Normally, I don't post much, or anything of that matter (I'm unrelible unless you look for me on MSN), but I'll stick around more often to see what ideas spark in my head.

bubba

All events do is have admins give players fish, players need to just be taught how to fish themselves, and problem solved
And by fish I mean entertain

Really, the core idea behind my original post with Honesty was to be rude and truthful, and tbh it didn't work very well but I don't think it matters, SO2 is now a dead game.

IMO personal opinion I think Meiun needs to release some design templates for what SO3 will look like so that the community can design their hats around that idea, etc, I don't mean a full fledged screenie, just a picture of what a hat WOULD look like, nothing else. This can rev up the community in the art department
Next we just need to do more events (even though I said not to), to simply allow a little warcry that the game isn't dead yet, and that SO3 is coming!

Draxx

I'd play if I didn't have to donate.  Budget it too tight to pay for a game right now...even $10.  Living off of a $35 a week food budget so...not any wiggle room...

Wish I could play T_T