News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your favorite weapon?

Started by spike-balll, December 30, 2010, 04:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike-balll

hi I was just wondering what everyone's favorite weapon was and why it has to be something you own and/or used. mine is the katana because it is fast.

also can someone please post the new IS icon?

Thanks,
                                                                                                                                                           Spike-ball :)

Freeforall

Hmm... My favourite weapon would probably have to be the Spire Dagger. It is VERY fast and I can attack about 4 times in a second. That's about the equivalent to 2 GS hits per second. Although I stam in about 10-15 hits from it :/

Celson

It's gotta be inferno sword for sure. Very powerful, great range, hits up to three targets and it's looks f'in awesome!

spike-balll

Aqua

I don't quite like the fire effect on the new IS icon. The grey parts are pretty neat though, gives the impression of a frame containing napalm or something. Fire is something best done with animation/transparency, and I kind of prefer the old one's fire effect.

My favorites weapon that I have is Spire, but snowball is pretty cool. With IS/Slasher/LSB, I'm sure my opinion would change though.
~Aqua

Forum

Quote from: Celson on December 30, 2010, 05:45:19 AM
It's gotta be inferno sword for sure. Very powerful, great range, hits up to three targets and it's looks f'in awesome!

i liked old one better it looked cleaner..
Officially quitted

Forum

Officially quitted

Yankyal

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

spike-balll

ya forum I did not see that topic lol just keep posting here :P

Chaos

Will never understand what crack you people who complain about the new inferno icon are smoking.

Enlarged inferno icon for your viewage.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Yeah I enlarged it myself, it looks fantastic like that, but I can't help but say there's something about the white down the middle that bothers me when I look at it at its normal size.

Mr Pwnage

Well, clearly the point was made that it is too big for the inventory slot...so I'll list a few other problems of mine with it: (And let me just note before flaming starts, this is merely a critique of the sprite itself, and since I don't own, never will own, and even if I did own an IS, I would not care. Also not like my opinion as any bearing anyways as the sprite will remain as it is, but humor me while I throw this into open wind.)

*The dark and light gray portions of the blade do not blend well with the red/orange/flame color counterpart.
*It looks proportionally awkward in addition to being a bigger sprite in general because in actuality the weapon is just very slightly if at all larger than the GS, who's icon isn't nearly as bulky.
*The flame colors kind of dramatically change between red and very light orange. A contrast of colors more similar to the IS itself would probably look better.
*It's not necessarily bad that the flames dramatically flow out to one side, but seeing as it is an icon, some of the awkwardness may come from the aspect it was portrayed this way, though this I am not for certain.

While I do like the fact this new icon is bigger than it's smaller counterpart, making the IS look more like the significant weapon it really is, it appears to be more sloppy and awkward at eye-level. Fact of the matter is the sprite itself isn't necessarily bad once you zoom in and check it out, but the fact that you have to do that kind of resembles the lack of flow this one has that the old one did have.

Don't get me wrong, Chaos is a !@#$ing boss spriter, no doubt, I would just classify this as not not his best work?

So that would be my own personal comparison between the new and old icon, but in the end it's just an icon so it's like equivalent to a piece of dust, so if this turns out to be a topic that is going to turn into a flame war (no pun intended), I'm not interested, but I guess we will see what happens....
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Forum

Quote from: Chaos on January 04, 2011, 12:34:20 AM
Will never understand what crack you people who complain about the new inferno icon are smoking.

Enlarged inferno icon for your viewage.
I liked the the old one Chaos..the new one just looks way different.:(
Officially quitted

Mystery

The old icon was a faux Short Sword with crappy flames added, the new icon isn't completely representative of the IS, but is a fantastic sprite and suits it better than the old one. The old one was Horrible with a capital H.

I would've preferred Pwnage's version be added(heck, to all the icons that needed reworking that he made, wish he had done a Wooden Hammer one too) since that one was perfectly spot on & COMPLETELY the same as the actual sprite, but this works well, too.

Just be glad Chaos took the time to make a new icon at all.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.