News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

How did you find Stick Online?

Started by Celson, February 14, 2011, 12:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

my friend found it somehow, he played it, and now here i am today. love this game. and it's inhabitants.

Mr Pwnage

In related results on yoyogames for the game Slime Online. (which isn't ACTUALLY online)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Chaos

Quote from: Delicious on February 15, 2011, 11:16:15 PM
Yoyogames.com! Was looking for some awesome indie MMO's made in Game Maker, and so I picked the highest rated one.  :P

I believe that was about three or four years ago.

funfact: Stick Online was also the reason why I started pixeling. I wanted to be on the team and kept practicing, despite the rude comments when I posted my suggestions with pixels. :'(

Well, on the bright side, if I was one of those people, you can rub the fact that your pixel work easily outclasses mine in my face.   ;)
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

jonsploder

On yoyogames. I remember the review I read; "It's one of those games you will love or hate."

darkflash

Cerberus

Got obsessed with stick related games after playing StickArena and a few others and googled for a mmo stick game and this came up.

StickFan

Oh boy... Really testing my memory here...

In short, I really don't recall YoYo Games like the others! It's way too long ago!

It was nearly 5+ (we're maybe even talking about 8 years, I don't remember!!!) when I tried my hand at making RPG games. I experimented Flash, RPG Maker, RPG ToolKit, and of course Game Maker. I recall downloading Game Maker games and stumbled upon SO somehow... the black and white version!!! I remember it was as basic as ever, and for such a simple game, it had drawn me in completely. I remember I was PvPing players with no names cause they used alt code symbols to register!

It wasn't until shortly after when the coloured version was released, that easily had my brother and I completely hooked on it.

So, what I'm saying is, I lived the history of SO before, but I don't remember! Does anyone?

Kiegruen

Wow, I randomly stumbled upon this site again in my internet favorites... I haven't been here in years...

But I found out about SO many years ago from yoyogames, just as many here did. I stopped playing forever but I'm thinking of coming back.

I remember many of you guys from days past, and I think I may try to reactivate my account... if thats possible o.o

EDIT: I also played under the name of Zinx for a while in my later SO days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro

aedan

My friend FreeForAll, Came over to his house and he was playing it. Haha i remember when me and him made my account Rootbeer. He got me my first wooden hammer at level 4 xD

CherryPie

Quote from: aedan on March 10, 2011, 09:49:11 AM
My friend FreeForAll, Came over to his house and he was playing it. Haha i remember when me and him made my account Rootbeer. He got me my first wooden hammer at level 4 xD

Weird somehow i remember that name very well o.O

aedan

Quote from: CherryPie on March 10, 2011, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: aedan on March 10, 2011, 09:49:11 AM

Weird somehow i remember that name very well o.O
HAHAHA i remember you CherryPie! lol  ;D

Morgasm92

foG

Link annoyed me with it and I thought it was bullsh*t.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

T-Rok

Quote from: Celson on February 14, 2011, 12:14:51 AM
The topic interests me. So I thought it'd be worth asking you guys how you found Stick Online. This might also be useful for Meuin in the way that he can find out what methods are effective for advertising Stick Online

I personally found Stick Online on the GMC forums. I was reading about 39dll, and some guy compiled a list of games that make good use of it (something like that). He had 4 games listed, and one of them was Stick Online. The name caught my eye so I clicked on the link.

What he said.

bubba

Don't really remember how I found it, registered jun 06 and shitposted a lot. mostly cause i was a youngin'.
Also, if you remember this from the original post, you've instantly gained one internet: http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darulolhs9.swf&width=800

i might've found via onrpg, i don't really have a clue but i'd say i !@#$ing loved b&w in all of it's glory, hated how you needed a shader 2 compatible card to play though >:[

i do remember most people here though, artgames, chaos, meiun, jake, seifer, and a few others who have sticked with it throughout the years when I'd take an occasional break. And I'm pretty sure I was banned once or twice.

also i do remember the nonames, and some of the pvp tournaments. i also remember nutterz/nutemo (i don't keep in contact with him but him and i ventured off into san andreas multiplayer a few years back and he landed himself with somethingawful since the admins were all members, i think he might play eve with goon legion now. maybe. his brother draco is also pretty cool)
i had him on steam but removed him i think.

other than that hmmmm. i remember being spawn killed by chaos/trinity/etc back in bw stick online. was really mad at them for that >:[
i also remember artgames had the one of the few black helms in SO. I hunted for it every now and again but never found one. i also remember the frog clan i made. Rawr or something where the frog hat was our mascot or something. i never liked frogs, but that hat looked !@#$ing boss. i liked SO1's version more than SO2.
i _think_ i was here for so2 launch. i have lucid memories of us all being at blobs and rock mountain levelling and getting hats. it was kind of fun.

but yeah. mostly just posting my memoirs of stick online. i really miss the times we had, in a sense, i feel stick online has lost it's taste for me. after i left stick online i ventured to commercial-esque games like CS1.6 and a few other games. ive always wanted meiun to move up to something better. Stick Online 2 was good, yeah, sure. But hasn't it lost it's variety? I would've become unassertive after this long, it's been 6-7 years.