News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Screenshots: A How to Guide

Started by Jmac, March 27, 2011, 02:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

Now, I know that many of you already know how to take screenies, but I've been seeing new players from the donation pool lately and I'd like everyone to know how to take them. So, here we go.

The process of taking screenies is extremely easy. The first thing you need to do is to find the key named "Print Screen" which is usually abbreviated "Prt. Scr." on most keyboards. If you are on a laptop, you may have to press the function key (Fn) along with Prt. Scr. to take a screenshot. You can also press Alt.+prt. scr. to only take a screen of the current windown you are in. (Thanks to Celson for that.)

After you have pressed the key, a picture of everything that was on your monitor at the time it was pressed is saved to your clipboard. Now what you need to do is open up Paint, or any similar program and press Ctrl+V or just click paste. Now you can see the screenshot that you took.

You can edit the picture however you want, and crop out any unnecessary parts. After you finish, click "Save As" and choose where you want to save the picture and what you want it to be named as. You can also choose to save it as a JPEG or PNG. In my opinion it's better to save as a PNG.

Now that you have your picture, you may want to upload it to Stick-Online, or anywhere else you may want a screenshot.  To do this, you need to upload your screen to a website such as www.photobucket.com or imageshack first.

After your image is uploaded, you can go to the screen that you want and find the image link and copy it.  Whenever you are posting something on the forums that you want that screenshot to go to, you can paste this link and the corresponding screenshot will appear in your post.

I hope that this guide has helped those who did not know how to take them. Thanks for reading!

sly 3 4 me

This guide doesn't cover Macintosh computers, for an informative guide for that, just go to this website for information on how to take the screenshot.

Jmac

Thanks for that Sly.  :P Didn't even think about Mac users! I'm not entirely sure if SO can even be played on a Mac though.  :o

T-Rok

Quote from: Jmacrules on March 27, 2011, 02:29:33 PM
Thanks for that Sly.  :P Didn't even think about Mac users! I'm not entirely sure if SO can even be played on a Mac though.  :o

Mac users can't play SO. lol

Jmac

Ahh, that's what I thought.  :P

Beastmode

i know this is off topic but justin im at the wall u should come

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: T-Rok on March 27, 2011, 02:31:44 PM

That would be kind of annoying then. Anyways, it's still there if someone has a mac computer and didn't know how to take a screenshot.

Jmac

Quote from: Beastmode on March 27, 2011, 02:38:44 PM
i know this is off topic but justin im at the wall u should come

Please refrain from posting off-topic remarks. If you wanna ask me something please send me a private message rather than posting randomly. Thanks, and I'll be there in a sec.  8)

Celson

Rather than cropping out unnecessary parts of the screenshot. You can just hold Alt and press print screen which will only screen shot the current window you have open.

11clock

Actually they can with Bootcamp. I'm a Mac user and I play SO.

T-Rok

Quote from: 11clock on April 02, 2011, 02:47:31 PM

Actually they can with Bootcamp. I'm a Mac user and I play SO.
Bootcamp is laaammme lol