News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SOv3 info. 2

Started by NotoriousM4^, May 29, 2011, 02:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkflash

yes cherrypie I played terraria for awile then had to go to florida then started playing SO again and like no one is on! Only like 1-3 player(s) are on it sucks cmon guys :(

havok

Quote from: CherryPie on June 01, 2011, 03:25:24 AM
"There are 1 player(s) online!"

This is what I got the last 5 days..
Instead of ranting and bitching on the forums, you could swing your asses back in V2? ;)

I'm with you. Instead of bitching about v3, why not play what you have all ready (v2).
-----------------------------------------------
I'm not going to go deep into my thoughts on this one tho. It simple ether wait or give up on it. There is no point in bitching about it.It wont make it come any faster!!.

As Meiun stated he is going to take his time and make sure the game is done right and enjoyable. That way there wont be as many Updates for one.
However i understand its been a long time waiting,but this is a privilege he have. Meiun host the game (most likly where are donations are going) free what more can you ask for.

All so its not like he (Meiun) has a big team sitting behind his working on it all night and day. As he stated he does it for fun.

then as Lingus stated its better for him to keep use in the dark then let us down. I'm sure when he is all most finished and about to release it he will show you something till wait and play v2 :p

one more thing@NotoriousM4

IT'S CALLED A DONATION!!!! (HINT ON THAT WORD) what he does with the donations we don't need to know. like i said it's most likely going to the donor server up atm (v2) and the same thing with v3.

and that's my $0.02 :p

Lingus

Quote from: havok on June 02, 2011, 11:02:29 AMIT'S CALLED A DONATION!!!! (HINT ON THAT WORD) what he does with the donations we don't need to know. like i said it's most likely going to the donor server up atm (v2) and the same thing with v3.
THat's not entirely true. While SO isn't a non-profit or anything, typically when people donate, they are donating for some particular purpose. In this case, it's for SO. So there is at least some expectation that Meiun isn't taking the donations and spending it all on beer or strippers (although if he were that would be pretty awesome.) On some level, people who have donated are doing so with the expectation that there will be some money set aside to host the SOv3 server when the need arises. Btw, the donor server that is up right now supposedly does not cost Meiun any money.

havok

Quote from: Lingus on June 02, 2011, 03:24:39 PM
Quote from: havok on June 02, 2011, 11:02:29 AMIT'S CALLED A DONATION!!!! (HINT ON THAT WORD) what he does with the donations we don't need to know. like i said it's most likely going to the donor server up atm (v2) and the same thing with v3.
THat's not entirely true. While SO isn't a non-profit or anything, typically when people donate, they are donating for some particular purpose. In this case, it's for SO. So there is at least some expectation that Meiun isn't taking the donations and spending it all on beer or strippers (although if he were that would be pretty awesome.) On some level, people who have donated are doing so with the expectation that there will be some money set aside to host the SOv3 server when the need arises. Btw, the donor server that is up right now supposedly does not cost Meiun any money.

idk how he is hosting it atm, but if he owns his own server. Then he would have to pay internet bill plus the elc.I mean you have to look at it that way.
The only way i can think of it being free is a friend or family member hosting it for him.

Then again idk but he all so has to buy software like gamemaker for v2 ect. With the donors money.

THen again idk i left my 2cents on it and im leaving it at that.

and its still a donation its just a gift to play v2 on top of it :p

Meiun

Btw, the donor server that is up right now supposedly does not cost Meiun any money.
Don't know where that rumor started, but not entirely true. It is not hosted in a data center as it use to be when public, but nor is it hosted at my house or anywhere "free." The connection/network, and machine it is running on (while not a super high end server hosting line per say), is still dedicated purely to SO about 98% of the time.

As for the donations in general, don't worry. Donations absolutely help to fuel and maintain Stick Online. There are actually a number of crucial V3 related transactions/purchases that I will be needing to make in the near future (aside from just server stuff), which have only been made possible due to the generous donations of all of you =)

havok

Quote from: Meiun on June 02, 2011, 04:13:30 PM
Btw, the donor server that is up right now supposedly does not cost Meiun any money.
Don't know where that rumor started, but not entirely true. It is not hosted in a data center as it use to be when public, but nor is it hosted at my house or anywhere "free." The connection/network, and machine it is running on (while not a super high end server hosting line per say), is still dedicated purely to SO about 98% of the time.

As for the donations in general, don't worry. Donations absolutely help to fuel and maintain Stick Online. There are actually a number of crucial V3 related transactions/purchases that I will be needing to make in the near future (aside from just server stuff), which have only been made possible due to the generous donations of all of you =)

haha and amazingly i was half way right :p

Lingus

Ah my bad. Not sure why I thought that either.

Scotty

I like rumors!  Can I start one?  Yes?

A little birdie told me Stick Online v3 will be released on the biggest gaming day of 2011 - 11/11/11.  There, rumor started, everyone get your hopes up!

ARTgames

Same bird also said it will be the first mmo with official Kinect support.

Lucifer

Quote from: Meiun on June 02, 2011, 04:13:30 PM
There are actually a number of crucial V3 related transactions/purchases that I will be needing to make in the near future (aside from just server stuff), which have only been made possible due to the generous donations of all of you =)
By demon law I am required to inform the SO community that the "generous donations" Meiun speaks of are infact your souls, as was stated clearly in the terms and conditions agreed upon during forum registration. The good news is, Stick Online v3 is coming! The bad news is, Hell has terrible internet connection.

igufed

Quote from: Lucifer on June 03, 2011, 12:17:13 AM
The bad news is, Hell has terrible internet connection.

*gasp* We all have to live like Europeans now? :O

;)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Seifer

Does anyone here actually doubt Meiuns word that a great amount of progress has been made?

ARTgames

Did he even say that?

Freeforall

Meiun, thank you for creating this game, it's been loads of fun for all of us. I wish you guys would realize that it takes time to do this kind of stuff, don't rush him. I am probably going to get my head flamed off, but let's all just be a little more patient? You guys have to remember, if I am correct, he does this for a hobby.

Thank you Meiun!

krele

Quote from: Seifer on June 03, 2011, 09:39:39 AM
Does anyone here actually doubt Meiuns word that a great amount of progress has been made?
Honestly, I do. I develop in same software he does, and I know a game like SOv2 isn't anything special code-wise. But then again, who knows how SOv3 will look, and how poorly was SOv2 written.