News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SOv3 info. 2

Started by NotoriousM4^, May 29, 2011, 02:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Meiun on June 05, 2011, 07:23:31 PM
Quote from: darkflash on June 05, 2011, 06:32:25 PM
Ok from what I'm reading SOv3 is going to be like an ENTIRELY NEW GAME! Like for b&w to SOv2 is was just color more monsters and stuff but SOv2 to v3 is like everything and holy cow might as well call it something different ! This is just what its sounding like to me lol :P soo excited
Trust me, it is an entirely new game, built entirely from the ground up. Far more of a new game than the differences between V1 and V2 for sure.

Like.

11clock

I'm guessing that the new SO is 3D? :P

(Actually, I wouldn't like this.)

Meiun

Quote from: 11clock on June 05, 2011, 07:51:22 PM
I'm guessing that the new SO is 3D? :P

(Actually, I wouldn't like this.)
No 3D, lol. But all around significantly higher quality graphics than V2, yes.

darkflash

YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! :D!!! Soooooo Excited I cannot wait!! So it will most likely come out THIS year right?

Scotty

Quote from: darkflash on June 05, 2011, 08:28:56 PM
YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! :D!!! Soooooo Excited I cannot wait!! So it will most likely come out THIS year right?

If I had a dime for every time this question was asked.   ;)

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Scotty on June 05, 2011, 08:41:02 PM

If I had a dime for every time this question was asked.   ;)

How many dimes would you have exactly?

darkflash

You'd have what maybe a dollar?

Meiun

I would like to say that there is a strong possibility, but I'm not going to say that (DID NOT SAY IT!) as I do not want to mislead or give false hopes/promises. It depends on a number of factors, including whether I am able to continue working on it at the desired pace that I have been recently, whether things continue to go as smoothly as they have been, what sort of additional features, functionality, or changes I decide to make, and ultimately just how far I end up deciding to develop it before starting it in a public alpha/beta test (because as it stands, it is still definitely in the development stage). It's really hard for me to judge stuff like that, and there is no official public release date set at this point. I'm hoping to take a bit more time with things this time around and do more of the initial development behind closed doors (as I'm sure most of you have already become aware of) before making it publicly available. I usually work faster this way (at least until I start really needing testers to help with the polishing). But we will see.

At the least, I'd certainly imagine there will at least be a version made available to a select/small group of testers by that point. There already sort of is a very limited but playable test setup I have going on for myself and a select few individuals, but that is much more for development purposes than anything else. Either way, don't start applying to any of this, because I am not taking new testers yet.

But as for all of the statements and potential implications I just made, I make no promises about any dates or time frames yet! So don't hold me to any of this.

darkflash

thank you :P So in the info your releasing soon will there be screenshots?

ARTgames

Ok from what I'm reading SOv3 is going to be like an ENTIRELY NEW GAME! Like for b&w to SOv2 is was just color more monsters and stuff but SOv2 to v3 is like everything and holy cow might as well call it something different ! This is just what its sounding like to me lol :P soo excited
Trust me, it is an entirely new game, built entirely from the ground up. Far more of a new game than the differences between V1 and V2 for sure.

Well there still going to be pvm stuff you can do and pvp is still a big part of it at least. right?

Meiun

Quote from: darkflash on June 05, 2011, 09:46:03 PM
thank you :P So in the info your releasing soon will there be screenshots?
That is my current intention, yes. Something along those lines at least.

Quote from: ARTgames on June 05, 2011, 10:11:43 PM

Well there still going to be pvm stuff you can do and pvp is still a big part of it at least. right?
There will be both monsters and all that, as well as a strong focus on PVP for those who want it. My current intention is to have it use my previously intended clan system approach to PVP, where players in opposing clans can PVP each other freely, whilst players who are not in any clan must be engaged by having both participants be in PVP mode. I also have a few other potential ideas in mind for some fun and unique PVP features and experiences.

ARTgames

Ok, I think this is a stupid question but ill ask anyway. Its still going to be a real time 2D platformed fighting game? Just to be sure how far the differences is.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on June 05, 2011, 11:50:55 PM
Ok, I think this is a stupid question but ill ask anyway. Its still going to be a real time 2D platformed fighting game? Just to be sure how far the differences is.
It is still going to be the same general genre as the current one, yeah. There will be a bit more of an emphasis on the platformer aspect in some cases this time around though (not that there will be any less emphasis on the other parts).

darkflash

Whatever the case I have no doubt in my mine this is going to be a great game keep it up Meiun!

CherryPie

Quote from: Meiun on June 03, 2011, 05:02:22 PM
...And yes, it was real, and playable.):

That tree..definitly Delicious's handwriting in there, am I right? ;)
I played Mr. Runner 2 and if Delicious is responsible for the rest of the environment sprites of v3, too, no one will be even slightly disappointed - Lovin' his stuff! :)