News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SOv3 info. 2

Started by NotoriousM4^, May 29, 2011, 02:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Quote from: Scotty on June 09, 2011, 01:27:26 PM
Quote from: Meiun on June 09, 2011, 01:12:39 PM
Quote from: Scotty on June 09, 2011, 11:59:44 AM
Quote from: krele on June 09, 2011, 06:39:12 AM
Quote from: jonsploder on June 09, 2011, 03:34:14 AM
Thanks for the reply Meiun. It's actually made me far more confident in my approach, which has been rubbished by a friend.

Krele have some STFU, I evidently wasn't asking you - you're clearly too intelligent.
Whoa, holy Jesus, what's wrong with you people. So quick on the trigger T_T... Sheesh...

I too love how people read everything assuming that it's a personal attack.  

I actually have a question for Meiun.  Being that the client and server's are clearly going to be using something other than Game Maker, likely with native libraries to support more robust back-end technologies such as databases presumably over flat files, is there any intention to develop an outward facing API that allows users to poll the server to access account information on a read-only (account stats), or even read/write basis (trading, economy, etc...)?
I actually have considered a few ideas that would utilize something of that nature, and depending on how I went about doing it, it likely wouldn't be too difficult to add I'd imagine. If I were to, it would probably be something a bit more unique than just stat integration to a website. But for the time being, nothing like this is really all too high on my list of priorities. If I were to add some features such as this, it would likely not be included in the initial public release. But who knows.

Was just planting the seed.  That's all, and yes, that would be downright awesome if you could come up with something.  Obviously with games there's a lot more to what you could come up with than simple stat integration.  Any ideas on what you'd use to transfer data?  XML?  JSON?
Probably would depend a lot on what exactly it was I was doing, and what it were that the data was being retrieved for/by (website as oppose to something else). I don't even know for sure if/when something like this would be added yet anyways, so the details I would likely flesh out once I knew exactly what it was I was shooting for. For the time being, any talk of these sort of features is pretty hypothetical.

T-Rok

Quote from: stick d00d on June 09, 2011, 01:35:28 PM
Any idea of when we will get a sneak peek? Not to rush you, just I'm/we're pretty excited to see how everything is going. I have a feeling this game will be nothing short of pure awesome.

In advance, Thanks to everyone working on the game, you guys put your free time into something for our enjoyment, and that is not something to be ignored.  :)

P.S I think it was said sometime this month, sorry if I come off as impatient.

Page one, quote from Meiun

Quote from: Meiun
I also told you guys that I would try and give you some real info on the game in the next couple months (which I stated about 1 month ago), and I still have every intention of doing this. If that is not good enough, then you have my sincere apologies, but that is just how I'm choosing to do things right now for the sake of making a game that I can be proud of. You don't need to hang around waiting, it will come eventually, and I hope you enjoy it once it does. But like I've said many times, this is only a hobby for me ). Even if nobody played it when it came out, if it is something that I personally loved and was proud of, I'd still be plenty satisfied.

Meiun

Quote from: T-Rok on June 09, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
Any idea of when we will get a sneak peek? Not to rush you, just I'm/we're pretty excited to see how everything is going. I have a feeling this game will be nothing short of pure awesome.

In advance, Thanks to everyone working on the game, you guys put your free time into something for our enjoyment, and that is not something to be ignored.  :)

I also told you guys that I would try and give you some real info on the game in the next couple months (which I stated about 1 month ago), and I still have every intention of doing this. If that is not good enough, then you have my sincere apologies, but that is just how I'm choosing to do things right now for the sake of making a game that I can be proud of. You don't need to hang around waiting, it will come eventually, and I hope you enjoy it once it does. But like I've said many times, this is only a hobby for me ). Even if nobody played it when it came out, if it is something that I personally loved and was proud of, I'd still be plenty satisfied.
What he said. Sometime this month is the current plan. This month has been a little hectic thus far for me, and there is still at least one little alteration I want to get implemented before showing anything.

Lingus

Well, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm thoroughly excited to see that progress is being made and we're finally going to get to see some real content.

Awesome work Meiun and team!

stick d00d

Quote from: Meiun on June 09, 2011, 02:33:31 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on June 09, 2011, 02:03:26 PM

What he said. Sometime this month is the current plan. This month has been a little hectic thus far for me, and there is still at least one little alteration I want to get implemented before showing anything.
Ok thanks, I couldn't remember which page it was on and didn't look at the first page lol.

Loksmith

hey

i hope you take considerable time in a form of an anti cheat or other game protection software

disassembling and reverse engineering SO2 was easy enough
The one and only

Jmac

Quote from: Loksmith on June 17, 2011, 12:59:46 AM
hey

i hope you take considerable time in a form of an anti cheat or other game protection software

Would you like a cookie?

RayRay

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 17, 2011, 01:14:03 AM
hey

Would you like a cookie?
lol I think he just told himself out.

jonsploder

hey

Congrats. You downloaded a program to do it for you. If you attempted to write the decompiler yourself, you'd have much more trouble. And I don't believe Meiun will use GM this time 'round? Either way, score_under has clearly made GM secure again.

bubba

Is 39.dll still in business, or have you made your own network dll? What level of shaders are being used? Also, probably asked before, is GameMaker still going to be used?

Scotty

Quote from: bubba on June 17, 2011, 02:27:21 PM
Is 39.dll still in business, or have you made your own network dll? What level of shaders are being used? Also, probably asked before, is GameMaker still going to be used?

Quote from: Meiun on June 03, 2011, 02:05:33 PM[spoiler]Aside from the few updates I've made to V2 since the donor server came out, I haven't used GM for years.[/spoiler]

krele

Quote from: Scotty on June 17, 2011, 03:01:03 PM

Quote from: Meiun on June 03, 2011, 02:05:33 PM[spoiler]Aside from the few updates I've made to V2 since the donor server came out, I haven't used GM for years.[/spoiler]
I think he meant winsock. Ignorant people like him think 39dll is a stand-alone library, while it's a winsock dll edited for GM.

Oh, GM is not being used anymore... I think he mentioned so 3 or 4 times in the topic. Shaders?... Totally forgot about it, so I wonder as well...

Loksmith

The fact that you even suggest that I write my own dissembler is silly.  IDA Pro exists; I think you meant the GameMaker disassembler, which is not the tool I was speaking of.  In the next SO, gamemaker won't even be used, so a reverse engineer will need to know ASM heavily.  Luckily, I do.
The one and only

krele

Quote from: Loksmith on June 22, 2011, 01:08:25 PM
The fact that you even suggest that I write my own dissembler is silly.  IDA Pro exists; I think you meant the GameMaker disassembler, which is not the tool I was speaking of.  In the next SO, gamemaker won't even be used, so a reverse engineer will need to know ASM heavily.  Luckily, I do.
Luckily, you don't gain anything by reverse engineering games like this. In the end you would end up writing the exact same copy by yourself. Let's keep it at that and not discuss the matter anymore, since this topic is slowly leaving the "civil phase".

Meiun

Quote from: Loksmith on June 22, 2011, 01:08:25 PM
The fact that you even suggest that I write my own dissembler is silly.  IDA Pro exists; I think you meant the GameMaker disassembler, which is not the tool I was speaking of.  In the next SO, gamemaker won't even be used, so a reverse engineer will need to know ASM heavily.  Luckily, I do.
Attempting to do this is just about my biggest pet peeve ever, and certainly one of the biggest violation of the SO terms of use there is. It is also the easiest way to get yourself banned with zero consideration of ever having it revoked, so this discussion ends now.

Neither Game Maker or 39dll is being used. More specifics on this and the rest of your question will be revealed soon.