News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat suggestion?

Started by Soup, August 06, 2009, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup

I am brand new to the game, and currently have not used any of my skill points,  because I am afraid of ruining my account. Does anyone have a strong/sturdy build? I want to PvP and kill monstahz. Any suggestion is helpful. (You could also provide your stats.)

Thanks,
Soup

Souperman!

God-I-Suck

lol

Well, almost everyone is into this build called "Tank". It's for pvp and basically it's just like 45 STR and like 60 VIT. Anyone can use it and win almost every time at pvp. You can use it but it's so unoriginal. :/

Mystery

A very original build I have planned out for myself(when I donate sometime in the future) is one that utilizes high STR and AGI(55/50/1/1).

Pros:

Deals heavy damage
Deals quick, repetitive damage
Very easy to dodge(especially slow tanks)
Stamina regeneration is about halved
Attacks are very fast
Easy to kill monsters

Cons:

Low HP
Dies easily if you don't dodge well
Low Defense
Extremely prone to knockback

So, yeah. I don't see why no one's ever tried anything like this before. In theory, if you PVP a tank, it should be somewhat easier for you to win.(unless you're horrible at dodging, which would be kind of hard with all that AGI)

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Petro

Quote from: Mystery on August 06, 2009, 10:35:00 PM
A very original build I have planned out for myself(when I donate sometime in the future) is one that utilizes high STR and AGI(55/50/1/1).

Pros:

Deals heavy damage
Attacks are very fast
Easy to kill monsters

Cons:

Low HP
Low Defense

So, yeah. I don't see why no one's ever tried anything like this before. In theory, if you PVP a tank, it should be somewhat easier for you to win.(unless you're horrible at dodging, which would be kind of hard with all that AGI)

Another Con to this could be that you would be constantly healing...between the 2 hp recovery and 4 stamina recovery....could get fairly annoying.

I think the most basic stat build that could be decent at pvp while still having the agi/int to have fun with would be 30/15/50/7 at 99 and 30/15/55/7 at 100. You would have decent strength, and agi as well as 7 int which with wiz hat will be 8 stamina regen while sitting, which is good. And 55 vit will be 18 base defense, 9 hp regen, and with a hat that gives +2 vit (skele mask or DH or such) it will give you an extra def point on top of whatever the hats defense boost already is.

Well...that's all I have to say. Hope any of this can help you.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Mystery on August 06, 2009, 10:35:00 PM

Pros:

Deals heavy damage
Attacks are very fast
Easy to kill monsters

Cons:

Low HP
Low Defense

That's exactly what Hot Chocolate is, just slightly tweaked to be better than that. But yes, I am the first to do somthing like that.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Forum

A build all around for pvp/pvm that only Jexiur has would be 30/30/30/12.
Officially quitted

Mr Pwnage

The following is my personal ultimate PVP tank build, better than Razor: (for level 100)
STR: 34
AGI: 6
VIT: 66
INT: 1

If you were to get that build, a DKH, and an Inferno Sword, and some decent pvp skill, I can't imagine anybody who could possibly kill you.

Regardless though, of what you do: INT is pointless, don't get any if you want to be good at PVP.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lucifer

Asking for builds is ridiculous, make an account that fits you. Want people to be afraid of being hit by you? Get a lot of strength. Want to juke people out, dodge their attacks, and chase down people? Get agility. Want to be able to take a lot of damage, and heal fast? Go for vitality. Want to almost never have to sit down and rest even after using stamina sucking weapons? Get some intelligence.

Quote from: Mr Pwnage
Regardless though, of what you do: INT is pointless, don't get any if you want to be good at PVP.
This is completely of opinion. If you reach level 100 with 1 int, you'll be sorry. ESPECIALLY with that build, considering the strength is so low you'll stam out before the end in almost every fight vs any good pvper. It also limits you from using stamina sucking weapons. The only type of build that can handle 1 int properly, is a build with a lot more strength, so that you do enough damage it makes up for your lack of intelligence. Anyways, point being that this is very arguable, and INT is NOT pointless. Neither is Agility, as some people say. However it's completely a matter of personal preference, which is why again I say, asking for builds is ridiculous.

Anyways, this should be obvious, but try to base your stats on Hats, especially for the regeneration stats VIT and INT. For example, it's very unwise to go for 6 intelligence, or 12. Doing this makes any INT+ hats like the Wizard hat useless to you. However, if you get 7 intelligence or 13, then the +5 from wizard will get you another multiple of 6. (If you didn't know, every 6 points into INT and VIT gives you increased regeneration.)

Soup

Quote from: Lucifer on August 07, 2009, 12:03:26 AM
Asking for builds is ridiculous.

It helps to know what the average build is when you are brand new to a game. Most games are different, requiring a different mix of stat points.

Souperman!

Lingus

The only thing you need to know for lower levels is that you want to build for pvm first and worry about your end game pvp later. The faster you can level the faster you get to level 100 (or high enough levels to fight against most people). So, what do you need to level fast? Mostly str and vit. Str is probably most important since the more damage you do the easier it is to get the highest amount of exp and drops. Vit is most helpful in keeping you alive. If you die while fighting monsters you lose any hits on it and don't get exp. Also, vit and int are helpfull to have to keep you from having to rest. More vit/int means less downtime while grinding exp. And obviously get agi to a point where you can move around comfortably and reach certain platforms necessary for resting (such as at the temple). But remember you can keep agi low until later, and that you might decide to keep it low since you can use hats to increase your speed/jump.

Soup

I still don't know how much agility I should have at absolute lowest. Do you recommend having at least 6 agi?

Souperman!

Lingus

Honestly, people will tell you it takes x Agi to reach a certain ledge or x Agi to jump past w/e blah blah. Just test it yourself. Up your agi by 1 each time and check out different things. How easy it is to dodge monsters, jump on different ledges with no +jump hats, jump across gaps with no +speed hats... things like that. Definitely don't up agi too much or any at all right away though. It's more important to have str/vit/int at low levels.

Torch

For leveling purposes, you'll probably want 6 or 7 int. 6 is better for pvp, while 7 (unless you have a lantern or green candycane: weapons that give boosts to int) lets you use the wizard hat to regen stamina faster. I've heard 12 int can be good if you plan on using the spire dagger. If you really want a tank build and don't care about pvm, 1 int is preferable.

Agi is by consensus, the worst pvp stat. The less agi you have, the better off you are for pvp. It's also a PAIN to pvm with low agi builds, so if pvp isn't a high priority, invest some points into this. Some pvp weapons are better with high agi such as the spire dagger and slasher, but builds like that generally don't do as well against pure tank builds.

Str and Vit are where you want to spend the majority of your points. Vit should be a multiple of 6, subtracting however much vit your pvp hat gives (example: dark knight helm gives 4 vit, you want a multiple of 6, you give yourself 32 vit, so when you equip the hat, your vit becomes 36). With 1-6 int, it's better to put more points into str than vit, so you can kill people before you run out of stamina.

Zario777

Try to go for 26/26/26/26  ;D If you don't like that, then just think about whats wrong when you get a lvl up: Is it taking too long to kill monsters? Are you too slow to travel from one spawn point to another? Are the monsters pwning you? Or are you not leveling up fast because you only can get X number of hits before ur out of stam?
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

crozier

Well for my build I didn't choose 99 stats untill lvl 70 or so.(got dkh in my 60s)
I just raised my agi untill I liked it.
Then str and vit to a somewhat even lvl that will benifit vit with my dkh on.
At 100
38/17/44+4/8
skillz er soup just lvl up stats untill you like them.