News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat suggestion?

Started by Soup, August 06, 2009, 10:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Strength and Vitality are the best stats for fighting players, and useful against monsters. Strength is fun to hit monsters with hammers, and Vitality is nice because you don't have to heal as often, and for less time.
Agility and Intelegence are nice, and useful in fighting players. Agility speeds you up, and Intelegence allows you to attack more often. I find that Intelegence is not fun without Agility though.
Stat guide - More in depth on the stats.
~Aqua

Soup

Quote from: Torch on August 08, 2009, 01:32:53 AM
Agi is by consensus, the worst pvp stat. The less agi you have, the better off you are for pvp. It's also a PAIN to pvm with low agi builds, so if pvp isn't a high priority, invest some points into this. Some pvp weapons are better with high agi such as the spire dagger and slasher, but builds like that generally don't do as well against pure tank builds.

I don't agree. I think your agility should be relatively low, but NOT 1.

Souperman!

Torch

Quote from: Soup on August 08, 2009, 12:41:48 PM
Quote from: Torch on August 08, 2009, 01:32:53 AM
Agi is by consensus, the worst pvp stat. The less agi you have, the better off you are for pvp. It's also a PAIN to pvm with low agi builds, so if pvp isn't a high priority, invest some points into this. Some pvp weapons are better with high agi such as the spire dagger and slasher, but builds like that generally don't do as well against pure tank builds.

I don't agree. I think your agility should be relatively low, but NOT 1.
That was exclusively for pvp. The less agi you have, the more free stats you have to put into str or vit: stats that will help you much more in pvp.

I also mentioned how horrible it is to level up with 1 agi. If you really want the best pvp build and don't care about how painful the leveling process is, go for 1 agi. If not, put a few points into it to help you cross gaps.

foG

Agi is indeed useful for pvp.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Torch

Quote from: foG on August 09, 2009, 05:53:49 AM
All stats are useful for pvp. Agi is the least useful of the stats.

Mystery

Quote from: Torch on August 09, 2009, 01:04:59 PM
Pure opinion. If someone has really high AGI(compared to a tank with tons of STR and VIT but 1 AGI), not only would your attacks be much faster, letting you get more hits in, but your opponent would have a very hard time hitting you at all if you're good at dodging. Combine that with the fact that:

Quote from: kreleBasically, agility decreases your regen timer a little bit. According to Seifer's guide, 50 agi would halve your tick timer. That means you don't really need any int, because your regen timer is quick, and you can escape efficiently and rest.

and you have a very useful PVP stat. Again, it all boils down to opinion and what you're good with, but none of the stats are useless compared to another in PVP. (And if you have very high STR, like HotChocolate and my future Mystery, you'd easily get lots of high damage hits in.)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Torch

Pure statistics. Tanks statistically get more wins than people with higher agi.

@Krele's post: That USED to be the case. This was changed in a patch so that the regen tick was not affected by agi and instead, agi affected the cooldown time of weapons.

foG

Quote from: Torch on August 09, 2009, 01:04:59 PM

No it's not. If you have around 10-15 agi you can so kill anyone with low agi in pvp. It can be VERY usefull for pvp. Imagine a fight between someone with 5 or less agi and a 10-15 agi guy. If the 10-15 agi guy is good in hitting he can use the cooldown to his advantage and rapes the low dude pretty easily. Everyone is like OMG AGI IS USELESS well if you all go hit for hit it's your problem..

Made by EpicPhail.

Aqua

That's the only advantage of agility- cooldown. But this can be avoided by low agility people jumping up and down on low platforms. This brings the disadvantage of agility- overkill jumping. People who have fought me (especially if I use Aqua, my int/agi account) know that I attempt to hit people as they jump from the floor of the arena to a platform. This is for the most part an easy hit, but it's more difficult on low agility accounts because they don't jump as high, thus giving you less of a time window. The more agility they have, the safer it is for you to hit them on their way up. Also, you can jump down while they wait to fall down, and repeat the process. (I once used this to beat Gotest, former agility newb, when I was like level 25, and couldn't kill a Sand Fiend to save my life)
~Aqua

Torch

Yeah, that's also a major disadvantage of using the dragoon helm instead of the DKH.

JoEL

Stats doesn't mean anything if you can't pvp.

btw...I'd like to see one of those agi accounts beat any of my accounts lol. My main pvp account could simply 1 hit you.

Also having less then 20 Agility in my opinion is a waste. Especially on this wonderful server  :P.

Lingus

Agi is usefull for speed of movement for both pvp and pvm. Plain, simple. You can't argue that fact. If you can move faster and dodge a hit, it saves you a lot of HP. If you can get into position and hit someone before they can dodge, it saves you a lot of str.

Btw, stating that statistically more tank builds win fights mean nothing more than most people who pvp have tank builds. It's a common trend for people to have those kinds of builds. So yes, more tank builds are going to win fights because there are more tank builds. In order to get a good statistic you would have to know the number of tank builds versus the number of other builds and use a ratio.

Torch

Quote from: Lingus on August 10, 2009, 04:39:41 PM
Agi is usefull for speed of movement for both pvp and pvm. Plain, simple. You can't argue that fact. If you can move faster and dodge a hit, it saves you a lot of HP. If you can get into position and hit someone before they can dodge, it saves you a lot of str.
But because of how stick online's pvp works, it is easy for a tank build to go hit-for-hit with a high agi build. When you swing your weapon, there your opponent has a large amount of time to swing their weapon.

If all attacks stunned or knocked back, and aerial attacks were implemented, I can see agi becoming much more balanced.

foG

Jesus, would you FINALLY stop saying that there are so many tanks out there and it would be so common and stuff like that?

There are only like 5 tanks out there. That would be Luda, Android, Joel, maybe GodIsuck dipz and me.

And seriously all of our builts suck expect for Android's. But I can say that Luda, Joel and me would CHANGE our builts if we had the opportunity to..

Second edit: Oh and if you are smart you go for Str instead of Vit.

Made by EpicPhail.

Forum

Quote from: foG on August 11, 2009, 10:58:27 AM
Jesus, would you FINALLY stop saying that there are so many tanks out there and it would be so common and stuff like that?

There are only like 5 tanks out there. That would be Luda, Android, Joel, maybe GodIsuck dipz and me.

And seriously all of our builts suck expect for Android's. But I can say that Luda, Joel and me would CHANGE our builts if we had the opportunity to..

Second edit: Oh and if you are smart you go for Str instead of Vit.
For some reason i think some of the tanks are saying go for str because they don't wanna be beaten by new ones imo. Fog beat android and is saying his build is better than his?
Officially quitted