News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The Int. System

Started by Jmac, October 01, 2011, 08:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

Hey all, I found out a way to find out how many hits you can get with any amount of intelligence before you stam!

The 3 factors you need to know are:
1. How much stam they have.
2. How much stam they regain every tick. (standing in this case)
3. How many ticks they regain between hits.

Alright, let's use Aqua as an example as he made this spreadsheet:

Now, he has 480 stam without a hat, he regains 9 stamina standing, and in the case of the wooden hammer, you heal 1 tick before you can hit again.

To find out the number of hits (which we already know is 160), you multiply the number of stamina regained, times the number of ticks between hits (9 x 1 = 9) and then you subtract that number from how much stamina the weapon takes (12 - 9 = 3). Now finally, you divide that number by the amount of stamina they have (480 / 3 = 160).

Another example (to show that it works) is the Ghost Lantern. He still has 480 stam and regens 9, but the lantern heals no ticks inbetween hits. So you would multiply (9 x 0 = 0), then you would subtract (7 - 0 = 7), and finally divide (480 / 7 = 68.5). In this case, you end up with a decimal. Since it's based on stam, you need to round down no matter what, which ends with 68 hits.

So the formula is: {A / [(S - (R x T)]} Where A = amount of stam, R = regen, T = ticks between hits, and S = stamina the weapon takes.

Notes:
           *If you ever end up with an undefined (dividing by 0) or a negative number, then that means you can hit infinitely!

*If you are wondering why it seems to not work with the GS or SH, it's because. (at least for SH) Aqua would sit after he hit, therefore, the 1st tick he would heal 9, and the second would heal 18, amounting to 27 stam. When you subtract the 27 from the 37 it takes, you get 10, and 480 / 10 = 48. As for the GS, I'm assuming he sat, and due to the fact that the GS almost heals 2 ticks, his regen was affected. Also, for the IS and Slasher, he did not own these, and therefore he estimated.

*I have tested this formula at several levels of intelligence with several hats and weapons and it has given the accurate result every time.

And that my friends, is the system for finding out how many times you can hit with any amount of intelligence! Thanks for reading! Any feedback would be appreciated!

CherryPie

Quote from: Jmacrules on October 01, 2011, 08:17:34 PM
Notes:
           *If you ever end up with an undefined number (dividing by 0) then that means you can hit infinitely!

That sounds cool ::)

ARTgames

It would be nice if some one made an interactive calculator out of this and the other stuff known. 

Jmac

If Celson would be willing to implement this into his stat mixer program, it would help. Currently, it doesn't take the ticks between hits into account. He would only need to know how many ticks there are between hits.

Also, soon after HitMe is 99, I plan on working on my pure agility and writing a guide on how agility affects movement in pixels per second and the differences in every jump with every agility point. I'll do this if anyone truly wants to know. :)