News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Inventory Ratings (web application/tool)

Started by igufed, December 06, 2011, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

So, I had this idea yesterday of a way to rate an inventory.  So, I made this little web application that does just that.

What you do is go to the application and click on the icons of the items in your inventory on the right to put it in the inventory slots on the left.  Once you get all of your items in your inventory, you enter in the account name in the "Account:" text box and then click 'Generate'.

You can delete items in your inventory on the left by clicking on them.  If you delete an item, or items, clicking more items into your inventory from the right will fill up those empty slots in case you've made a mistake.

After doing so, it will take you to a page that shows an image and some BBCode.  That image has your account name, your 'inventory rating' underneath and a bronze, silver or gold star based on the score of the rating.

The point values for each item came from 5 different people's views on what each item would be worth, primarily based on rarity.  I took the average of these 5 numbers to get the 'official' point values.

Items sold in the shop, GM items, and unique tournament prizes all have a value of 0.

Duplicate items will not increase your score.  If you have 3 katanas, it will only count 1 of them towards your final rating.

On the 'results' page, there is BBCode.  You can copy/paste that code into your signature on these forums to get that image shown in your signature.  It will do what my signature has in it.

Along with the image in your signature, it is also a link to an image that displays a full size inventory of the one you built to obtain that rating.

So, here's the URL:  http://v2info.stick-league.com/inrating/
You must use the latest versions of either Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome as it uses HTML5.

This was made just as a fun little project and because I like any kind of statistic, even if I'm the one creating them.

So, check it out and let me know if you find anything critically wrong or suggestions (eh, maybe not suggestions as it does exactly what I first planned).

*Edit:  I changed the LSB's icon to lessen the confusion between it and the other two items that use the same icon.

*Edit 2:  I've added a top 10 list underneath.

By default, your build will not qualify to be in the top 10.  If you want your build to have a chance at being in the top 10, you will need to PM (read that again, I said PM me. Don't post in this topic your ID you want in the running) me the ID of the build.

The ID is that long number in the BBCode on your result page.. I will check the database for that ID and see if I feel it is an honest build.  If I feel it is not, you can provide proof (obviously the best proof would be to meet me in-game and show me your items) and I will change it to a legitimate entry.

url=http://v2info.stick-league.com/inrating/view.php?i=1323255870

The bold/underlined part is the ID of which I will need.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

God-I-Suck

3m0ndP3ngu1n

Great idea!  Too bad we dont have anything cool... haha.

Epsilon72200

Wow, this is pretty neat! I always wondered where my inventory stood, I guess its pretty average.

Thanks for sharing, I hope you're still up to making awesome web sites / applications when SOV3 comes out.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

Celson

Lucifer

I think we both know you made this just to prove your inventory is better than mine.

:(

igufed

Figure I'd post the scores of all of my inventories at this current time just for fun (I like doing things just for fun, apparently):

@Luci:  no comment. ;)

buffi

Foly

I think its broken, i got a yester hat but it gives me a low rating :(

igufed

Quote from: Foly on December 07, 2011, 10:37:37 AM

I think its broken, i got a yester hat but it gives me a low rating :(

You only have 3 items that are worth points.  Ninja Mask, Bandit Mask, and Jester Hat.  All of your other items can be bought in the shop and are worth 0 points.

stick d00d

Torch

Wow, event items really boost your rating.

One suggestion I have is not counting inferior items. For example, if you have an IS, a GS shouldn't add anything to your rating. Same goes for having BBE and WBE or BC and BM.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php