News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Inventory Ratings (web application/tool)

Started by igufed, December 06, 2011, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

Quote from: Mystery on December 07, 2011, 06:59:51 PM
Quote from: Jmacrules on December 07, 2011, 04:44:11 PM

Level 100
lolwut
I got the inventory you had on the inventory thread, and all that changed was that you no longer have a whip, and you got a scythe, which is worth 30. :-\

EDIT: Also, the blue candycane was rated higher than the other two by person 3...I'm not sure if that was a mistake, or they value the agility/sexiness of the blue candycane more than the other two. Just a heads up in case it was a mistake.

ARTgames

There is a glitch that if you put in chaos fedora with nothing else it counts as 50. If you put in the normal fedora with chaos fedora it does not count the normal one. In other words chaos fedora can be in place of the real one (if the real one is not there) and will give the same points.
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 07, 2011, 02:58:26 PM

Wow my inventory !@#$ing rules.
That one sucks. Take a look at mine!

Top Hat is worth 1 more than egg hat! :P
(I don't think you can get higher than this.)

igufed

Quote from: ARTgames on December 08, 2011, 04:46:43 PM
There is a glitch that if you put in chaos fedora with nothing else it counts as 50. If you put in the normal fedora with chaos fedora it does not count the normal one. In other words chaos fedora can be in place of the real one (if the real one is not there) and will give the same points.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Should be fixed, now.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Mystery

There's one thing which I think could at least be noted(not influencing the score), and that's how many inventory spaces are empty in the inventory. gufi has a very high score and I know there's still several free spaces for items that could boost his score otherwise, same goes for a couple others.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

igufed

Quote from: Mystery on December 08, 2011, 07:23:27 PM
There's one thing which I think could at least be noted(not influencing the score), and that's how many inventory spaces are empty in the inventory. gufi has a very high score and I know there's still several free spaces for items that could boost his score otherwise, same goes for a couple others.

And how would you like this to be done?

Torch

Quote from: igufed on December 08, 2011, 07:36:29 PM

Same goes for my inventory. As I suggested on page 1 of this topic, maybe don't count items that are inferior to other items in your inventory. For example, don't count skull mask if you have a DH or a DKH. Don't count bandit mask if you have a BC. Don't count WBE if you have BBE, etc, etc.

Ceroblitz

This is my inventory with all items I owned ( with bbe, wbe, and bcc)

This is it now

and ceros

Mystery

I would suggest adding in a space counter beside the score in smaller and differently colored text, in the format "(X spaces)" without the quotes.

EDIT:

Quote from: Torch on December 08, 2011, 08:10:16 PM

Same goes for my inventory. As I suggested on page 1 of this topic, maybe don't count items that are inferior to other items in your inventory. For example, don't count skull mask if you have a DH or a DKH. Don't count bandit mask if you have a BC. Don't count WBE if you have BBE, etc, etc.
So all but the top items in your inventory would give you points? I get your original point was to eliminate points if you have similar items and one is inferior, but every other hat and every other weapon is inferior to the very top ones.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: Torch on December 08, 2011, 08:10:16 PM

Well what makes a good innovatory and what are we rating? How rare the item are in it, how piratical it is, looks of the items in there? I have a feeling this is kinda going the piratical side of things. And in that case I agree if you have something better it does make the lesser items seem more useless. But the system also accounts for event items which are not that useful and dishes out a good amount of points for it. So its all a matter of opinion. Not saying I dont agree with you Torch that it should be that way or not. Or even a mix of different factors are counted.

TL:DR I just want to know what makes a good innovatory in your eyes.

Torch

@ART: The only numbers we have to go off in determining how good an inventory are item stats, item rarity (kind of a rough guess), and number of items. I and I'm assuming most people rate the inventories in the "POST YOUR INVENTORIES" topic based on a combination of these 3 factors. The problem with the current system is it doesn't take into account people getting rid of non-purchasable items that aren't overly rare and are made obsolete by better items.

So I suggest a different calculation method now, what about only taking into account a person's top 8 (or whatever other number) scoring items?

Also why are tournament prizes not counted? I think if anything, they should very significantly boost your score. Maybe make all tournament prizes have the same score but I definitely think someone with a tournament prize has a better inventory than someone with the same inventory minus the tournament prize.

igufed

Quote from: Torch on December 08, 2011, 09:03:01 PM
Also why are tournament prizes not counted? I think if anything, they should very significantly boost your score. Maybe make all tournament prizes have the same score but I definitely think someone with a tournament prize has a better inventory than someone with the same inventory minus the tournament prize.

Originally, they were going to count towards something.  They would have been around 70 points each.  But, I wanted your rating to only be determined by droppable items.

As for your other idea about only counting the higher tier'd item if you have both the lesser and the better, I don't really like that idea just yet..  Unless you can convince me otherwise, it probably won't change.

ARTgames

my real inva

Wow im not so good. :(

Quote from: Torch on December 08, 2011, 09:03:01 PM
@ART: The only numbers we have to go off in determining how good an inventory are item stats, item rarity (kind of a rough guess), and number of items. I and I'm assuming most people rate the inventories in the "POST YOUR INVENTORIES" topic based on a combination of these 3 factors.

Well I think you missed my point. This is a "rating" system. I just want to know what exactly they mean by that. All those things are great factors for the system. I'm just wounding the op's will think that also. I'm not opposed to it any of it really. I just want to know his factors.

QuoteThe problem with the current system is it doesn't take into account people getting rid of non-purchasable items that aren't overly rare and are made obsolete by better items. So I suggest a different calculation method now, what about only taking into account a person's top 8 (or whatever other number) scoring items?
Well this is kinda about best rated inventory not best drops overall. Meaning you needed to make decisions as whats in your inventory.

QuoteAlso why are tournament prizes not counted? I think if anything, they should very significantly boost your score. Maybe make all tournament prizes have the same score but I definitely think someone with a tournament prize has a better inventory than someone with the same inventory minus the tournament prize.
I agree with this but its just a matter of opinion. Nothing's wrong with that its the point of a rating system.

I don't dislike your suggestions. Just kinda wanted to know what makes a good inventor to you and op. :)

@igufed
What are the green lines under the star?

igufed

Quote from: ARTgames on December 09, 2011, 01:38:55 AM
@igufed
What are the green lines under the star?

I was wondering when someone was going to ask that.  Would have thought it was going to be asked before 3 pages.. ;)

Just an idea I had that I left in there..

For each item you have, you get a 1x3 pixel line.  So, if you had all 70 items, it would be a solid line 70 pixels wide..  Nothing exciting, just an idea I had and wanted to see how it looked.  IIRC, I just went from the top left of the available items, and went right.  So, left to right, top to bottom.  Top left item has the furthest left spot on the line in the image and bottom right item has the furthest right spot on the line in the image.

grueffelo

grueffelo- lvl 100

grue- lvl 53