News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

will our accounts be reset when so3 is implemented?

Started by scsox, August 23, 2009, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 25, 2009, 12:34:55 PM
Quote from: dakotam0813 on August 25, 2009, 12:28:57 PM
That should be interesting to see :) Can't wait Meiun.

I totally agree. :D

I also totally agree.

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 24, 2009, 04:04:45 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on August 23, 2009, 10:46:13 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 23, 2009, 10:44:22 PM
In addition, since it's going to be completely free, new players won't be spawnkilled to death by us already having an advantage.

do we know if meiun is carring this non pvp of people who has pvp off? idk
Meiun explained it like this:

There will be clans in SO3. You cannot attack other people with pvp off and who are not in a clan. If they are in a clan and have pvp off, you can attack them only if you too are in a clan. So, pretty much that whole issue will be clan oriented...because I believe Meiun's logic behind it was...by the time you are in a clan, you should be high enough level to defend yourself, so this eliminates noob killing.

yeah your right. i do rmb something like that. i think that is a really good system.

flashmaniac

Do the players from v2 count the ones before the donor server as well?

Pat

Flash our accounts on SO2 are still there. I don't think that we should get anything in SO3 for free, it is a new game and its not like the people from SO1 got anything if they were veterans with good items. I think that we should all start SO3 with a blank account, no bonuses.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 23, 2009, 09:23:38 PM
Quote from: Mystery on August 23, 2009, 08:16:07 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 23, 2009, 08:13:55 PM
We won't even HAVE accounts on S.O. 3 before we register.
I think he meant, "Will our SOv2 accounts be reset when SOv3 is up?".

Oh, I was looking at the 'will we keep our items/stats' part.
Oh, whoops, scsox's wording of it confused me. But what he was asking makes no sense anyway, since Sov3 is A WHOLE NEW GAME. If he wanted Meiun to set the levels of every person to as they are in SOv2, that's just stupid and pointless. Getting there is half the fun. If you were already at that level, you'd start to get bored.
Quote from: Pat on August 26, 2009, 12:38:34 AM
I don't think that we should get anything in SO3 for free, it is a new game and its not like the people from SO1 got anything if they were veterans with good items. I think that we should all start SO3 with a blank account, no bonuses.
I COMPLETELY agree. There's no reason to already start off ahead of others, and this would give other players an unfair advantage. Heck, I don't even think DONORS should get any extra boost at the start, maybe let them beta-test, then when it starts, reset their accounts so they don't get ahead of others. I'm pretty sure most of you would disagree with me on this, but that's my full opinion.  :)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lingus

Quote from: Mystery on August 26, 2009, 06:16:13 AM
Quote from: Pat on August 26, 2009, 12:38:34 AM
I don't think that we should get anything in SO3 for free, it is a new game and its not like the people from SO1 got anything if they were veterans with good items. I think that we should all start SO3 with a blank account, no bonuses.
I COMPLETELY agree. There's no reason to already start off ahead of others, and this would give other players an unfair advantage. Heck, I don't even think DONORS should get any extra boost at the start, maybe let them beta-test, then when it starts, reset their accounts so they don't get ahead of others. I'm pretty sure most of you would disagree with me on this, but that's my full opinion.  :)
I'm on the same page as you two. I would like SO3 to start fresh. Veterans are veterans. They get to say they played the old version of SO in its heyday. Donors should get to beta test when that is required, but have their accounts reset upon final release like Mystery said. When the final release comes out tho, I'd like to see everyone starting at square one. A brand new beginning for Stick Online!

ARTgames

I think it would be cool if the old players got a shady hat with no stats what so ever. snits that was one of the first hats i think it would be cool veterans item.
Donors should get to beta test when that is required, but have their accounts reset upon final release like Mystery said.

Some one convince meiun of this please. i like this idea.

Dragx_Rage

Could someone please define veteran players please? Players from SOv1? SOv2 free server?

Lingus

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 26, 2009, 05:34:38 PM
Could someone please define vetran players please? Players from SOv1? SOv2 free server?
That's a shifting definition. Back when I joined a couple months after SO2 came out, "veteran" was anyone who played SO1. After a while I, and other people who played around the same time and me, became known as a veteran. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm sure it would include people who joined well after I did. Maybe people who joined before the desert update? Maybe before the free server went down? I don't know.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lingus on August 26, 2009, 05:40:16 PM
Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 26, 2009, 05:34:38 PM
Could someone please define vetran players please? Players from SOv1? SOv2 free server?
That's a shifting definition. Back when I joined a couple months after SO2 came out, "veteran" was anyone who played SO1. After a while I, and other people who played around the same time and me, became known as a veteran. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm sure it would include people who joined well after I did. Maybe people who joined before the desert update? Maybe before the free server went down? I don't know.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering because lots of people are saying veterans should get this and this and I was just wondering if this included me.

ASD!

In my opinion, veterans are players from early 07 and back, but that's just me. But I like the idea of having all donors do a BETA test, and just start fresh.

Lucifer

Veteran is just a pointless word people use to make themselves feel special.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lucifer on August 26, 2009, 06:11:29 PM
Veteran is just a pointless word people use to make themselves feel special.

In that case, I declare myself a veteran. Lol. :D

Lingus

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 26, 2009, 05:44:35 PM
Ok thanks. I was just wondering because lots of people are saying veterans should get this and this and I was just wondering if this included me.
Well, if we're talking about who should get bonuses (if at all) to be fair it would be anyone that ever had an SO2 account... OR only donors. It shouldn't have anything to do with when they joined or what level they are.

But that's a non issue because I don't think anyone should get a bonus.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lingus on August 26, 2009, 06:25:29 PM
Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 26, 2009, 05:44:35 PM
Well, if we're talking about who should get bonuses (if at all) to be fair it would be anyone that ever had an SO2 account... OR only donors. It shouldn't have anything to do with when they joined or what level they are.

But that's a non issue because I don't think anyone should get a bonus.

I agree that bonuses should not be given, as it a new game so everyone should start in the same place.

EpicPhailure

Or perhaps merely a useless title? By title, I mean like that one idea someone suggested.